MANTIS ARE SO USELESS

Mantis for lvl 8-9 are very bad, when you can have a tank lvl 6 with better dmg/armor
Do you know if 343 will it up?

Mantis’ weren’t originally designed as a combat vehicle which can easily explain their lack of armour.

But I admit, they do seem really bad. Someone, my Mantis got boarded by an enemy player who was several metres below me, on a ramp in front of me. Please explain how I got boarded from the front by someone who wasn’t even in Reach?

They’ll probably just release better versions in future REQ updates instead of actually fixing\balancing what we have now.

12v12 will make most Vehicles weaker, which is a good thing with post-HCE Vehicle physics. Hate fighting the Mantis; generally it’s OP in Multiplayer.

They are good for kill mantis and mantis kill medals :slight_smile:

Like most vehicles, you can’t just waltz into the thick of the enemy and expect to be invincible. A Mantis can be devastating if you’re smart about it and have some teammates backing you up.

That being said, having to wait until energy level 8 does make them feel useless - by then the match is either almost over, or everybody is throwing so much ordinance around even safe plays can get you killed quickly. Dropping the requirement a level would make it feel more appropriate in my opinion…

> 2535422275011458;6:
> Like most vehicles, you can’t just waltz into the thick of the enemy and expect to be invincible. A Mantis can be devastating if you’re smart about it and have some teammates backing you up.
>
> That being said, having to wait until energy level 8 does make them feel useless - by then the match is either almost over, or everybody is throwing so much ordinance around even safe plays can get you killed quickly. Dropping the requirement a level would make it feel more appropriate in my opinion…

Dropping it would make a lot of sense. Because you’re right, you do have to play smart, but playing smart with any weapon / vehicle takes experiences, and with a high REQ level and rare enough cards, it could take a long time before someone gets the hang of how to handle it in multiplayer, only being able to use it for 60 seconds at a time every several games.

> 2535422275011458;6:
> Like most vehicles, you can’t just waltz into the thick of the enemy and expect to be invincible. A Mantis can be devastating if you’re smart about it and have some teammates backing you up.
> That being said, having to wait until energy level 8 does make them feel useless - by then the match is either almost over, or everybody is throwing so much ordinance around even safe plays can get you killed quickly. Dropping the requirement a level would make it feel more appropriate in my opinion…

check halo 4 manti’s !
halo 5manti’s are so weak
tank lvl 6 rare >>>>>> mantis lvl8-9 super rare/legendary plz 343 !!!
and tank are over better than mantis

Mantises are a defensive vehicle, yes the tank has more fire power but the mantis is more maneuverable, they can get behind cover faster similar to the ghost, and they can crouch. think of the mantis as a giant soldier. they aren’t meant to have armor, they are meant to be fast.

now check machinegun on oni wartog and oni mantis one can hit illimited and explosiv bullet, and the other overheated…

> 2533274939018653;2:
> Mantis’ weren’t originally designed as a combat vehicle which can easily explain their lack of armour.
>
> But I admit, they do seem really bad. Someone, my Mantis got boarded by an enemy player who was several metres below me, on a ramp in front of me. Please explain how I got boarded from the front by someone who wasn’t even in Reach?

It is true.
**Mantises can be boarded from the front now.**This needs to be fixed.

all it take is thrusters and a hiding spot

Yes. Yes they are

Stop trying to use a mantis in warzone it was not made for that, instead only use it in btb and you will get kills.