Mancannons and Teleporters ?

Where did these go? Did ‘advancement movement’ make them obsolete too lol …

Would love to see them return in Infinite! :slight_smile:

yea i hope there also coming back since if there wane remake some off the matchmaking maps again like Valhalla,Avalanche,Shatter,Vortex and some others then you need mancannons hard to let the developers also make a remake off maps.

The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.

> 2533274847627340;3:
> The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.

now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?

also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.

> 2533274823394867;4:
> > 2533274847627340;3:
> > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
>
> now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
>
> also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.

Guardian from Halo 3? Excellent use of mancannons on a small map

> 2533274823912857;5:
> > 2533274823394867;4:
> > > 2533274847627340;3:
> > > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
> >
> > now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> > and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
> >
> > also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> > but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.
>
> Guardian from Halo 3? Excellent use of mancannons on a small map

its true that halo 3 and halo reach got also some mancannons.
but in halo 5 and halo 4 you got a speed boost buff option and in halo 5 you have some weapons give you that boost.
and speed boost + mancannons on maps like guardian where you can fall down are not the best combo to have in a map with mancannons.
you can test it in forge mode on the MCC on a halo 4 map that has it then you see its not a good combo to have it on maps like that.

> 2533274823912857;1:
> Where did these go? Did ‘advancement movement’ make them obsolete too lol …
>
> Would love to see them return in Infinite! :slight_smile:

I love mancannons, they add fun imo. I used to enjoy trying to shoot player out of the air, or shoot players while in them. Good times. I’ll vote for their inclusion anyday.

I’d like mancannons back, not a fan of teleporters in 4v4.

I liked both, teleporters sure can be risky but also give varying options in strategy & they can be used in custom maps to make some different maps from the usual.

Mancannons & gravity lifts are just given.

> 2533274823394867;4:
> > 2533274847627340;3:
> > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
>
> now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
>
> also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.

They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).

And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.

> 2533274847627340;10:
> > 2533274823394867;4:
> > > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
> >
> > now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> > and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
> >
> > also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> > but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.
>
> They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).
>
> And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.

what about this if the man cannons switch from speed each few mins or sec’s from large to low speed thats become’s more random where there landing is that not more a good idea then?
then you fix the predictable about then

> 2533274823394867;11:
> > 2533274847627340;10:
> > > 2533274823394867;4:
> > > > 2533274847627340;3:
> > > > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
> > >
> > > now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> > > and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
> > >
> > > also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> > > but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.
> >
> > They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).
> >
> > And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.
>
> what about this if the man cannons switch from speed each few mins or sec’s from large to low speed thats become’s more random where there landing is that not more a good idea then?
> then you fix the predictable about then

A variable speed launcher would help with the predictability (speed would have to be chosen by the user , or what good is it [I.E…I want to go hear , but it sends me there] , otherwise it is just frustrating). The map wide launch sound should be removed also ,(I think it was map wide , I remember hearing it clearly from some distance any way) , or at least reduced. I get you should be able to hear some one hitting the launcher , but to hear it from top mid seems a bit much , IMO.

i know , I already hear the complaints , “What about the team holding the top , (Valhalla for example) shouldn’t we have a warning someone is coming?”
To this I say “If you are going to hold top mid of any map , you should have your head on a swivel , or expect to die”.

> 2533274847627340;12:
> > 2533274823394867;11:
> > > 2533274847627340;10:
> > > > 2533274823394867;4:
> > > > > 2533274847627340;3:
> > > > > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
> > > >
> > > > now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> > > > and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
> > > >
> > > > also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> > > > but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.
> > >
> > > They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).
> > >
> > > And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.
> >
> > what about this if the man cannons switch from speed each few mins or sec’s from large to low speed thats become’s more random where there landing is that not more a good idea then?
> > then you fix the predictable about then
>
> A variable speed launcher would help with the predictability (speed would have to be chosen by the user , or what good is it [I.E…I want to go hear , but it sends me there] , otherwise it is just frustrating). The map wide launch sound should be removed also ,(I think it was map wide , I remember hearing it clearly from some distance any way) , or at least reduced. I get you should be able to hear some one hitting the launcher , but to hear it from top mid seems a bit much , IMO.
>
> i know , I already hear the complaints , “What about the team holding the top , (Valhalla for example) shouldn’t we have a warning someone is coming?”
> To this I say “If you are going to hold top mid of any map , you should have your head on a swivel , or expect to die”.

thats why in Valhalla you have on each side a sniper rilfe since if somebody was stupid ( and there are most time’s) wane peek who is using the man cannons there needs to look out for the sniper rilfe.
what about the man cannons from halo 4?
since i know that i got there one lucky kill with a plasma grenate with a man cannon there.

I didn’t really enjoy halo 4 and didn’t play it much. Can’t really remember the maps , much less which had man-cannons and how they behaved.
Most of my feed back is going to come thru the lens of Halo 3 , I played 4 and 5 , just didn’t like them (5 is far better than 4 , but I don’t like enhanced mobility Halo).
But I do know the joys of combining Plasma grenades and man-cannons. Loved watching people explode mid-air.

You guys must not play any BTB. A lot of BTB maps have either mancannons or teleporters, if not both. Yes,they can be predicatable, but most are for vertical movement while the distance ones get you in and out of the air fairly quickly.

> 2533274795739611;15:
> You guys must not play any BTB. A lot of BTB maps have either mancannons or teleporters, if not both. Yes,they can be predicatable, but most are for vertical movement while the distance ones get you in and out of the air fairly quickly.

BTB playlist’s are much more fun the a normal slayer match with only 4 vs 4.
and still like most agree with are mancannons fun to see in halo since its alwasy funny to see a death boddy flying in the stay and it suxs if its your own boddy that is flying.
and if it was mix with ground pound like on warzone mode’s then its a more a hell to see in mind air somebody is trying to ground pound sombody and has a sucses kill with it also.

> 2533274823394867;16:
> > 2533274795739611;15:
> > You guys must not play any BTB. A lot of BTB maps have either mancannons or teleporters, if not both. Yes,they can be predicatable, but most are for vertical movement while the distance ones get you in and out of the air fairly quickly.
>
> BTB playlist’s are much more fun the a normal slayer match with only 4 vs 4.
> and still like most agree with are mancannons fun to see in halo since its alwasy funny to see a death boddy flying in the stay and it suxs if its your own boddy that is flying.
> and if it was mix with ground pound like on warzone mode’s then its a more a hell to see in mind air somebody is trying to ground pound sombody and has a sucses kill with it also.

I agree though that Halo 5’s 4v4 maps lack variety with these. Past Halo titles used them a lot to offer alternate avenues of approach or escape since the physical pacing was much slower. Halo 5 allows everyone to move from point A to point B substantially faster.

Speaking of mancannons, I miss the cannons on Reach’s Spire map…epic kills, infiltrations, and escapes in those games.

> 2533274795739611;17:
> > 2533274823394867;16:
> > > 2533274795739611;15:
> > > You guys must not play any BTB. A lot of BTB maps have either mancannons or teleporters, if not both. Yes,they can be predicatable, but most are for vertical movement while the distance ones get you in and out of the air fairly quickly.
> >
> > BTB playlist’s are much more fun the a normal slayer match with only 4 vs 4.
> > and still like most agree with are mancannons fun to see in halo since its alwasy funny to see a death boddy flying in the stay and it suxs if its your own boddy that is flying.
> > and if it was mix with ground pound like on warzone mode’s then its a more a hell to see in mind air somebody is trying to ground pound sombody and has a sucses kill with it also.
>
> I agree though that Halo 5’s 4v4 maps lack variety with these. Past Halo titles used them a lot to offer alternate avenues of approach or escape since the physical pacing was much slower. Halo 5 allows everyone to move from point A to point B substantially faster.
>
> Speaking of mancannons, I miss the cannons on Reach’s Spire map…epic kills, infiltrations, and escapes in those games.

why you think i have play more warzone then matchmaking since it was worst in maps same go’s for the BTB playlist there.
still from mancannons on halo 5 warzone you can learn also a lot never use speed boost + sprinting +mancannon its the worst combo you can do since at some points it was not smart.
that was a funny cannon on spire.
the best combo’s you can get is if you are lucky a enemy spartan enters it and you trow fast a plasma grenate and if you are lucky you get a nice epic kill in the end.

> 2533274847627340;10:
> > 2533274823394867;4:
> >
> >
>
> They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).
>
> And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.

I don’t see why predictability is an issue here. The same argument can be made for any method of entrance to an area: a standard issue doorway is predictable for all the same reasons a man cannon or a teleporter is predictable. What we do to avoid a bottleneck is have multiple ways of entering an area, so that players aren’t forced to predictably come through a single funnel.

We can consider Valhalla. The man cannons aren’t intended to be, nor do they need to be, unpredictable. That’s quite obvious with the main man cannons shooting you straight out in the open in a very high arc. If the opponents control the middle of the map, it’s about the worst path one could choose. But that’s not what it’s for. The middle hill of the map purposely blocks sight lines, which means that you have to be at least mid-way through the map to see the opposing base. The man cannons are there so that you don’t need to run through half the map just to get into combat when it is at the opposing side. They are a method to speed up the on-foot gameplay by getting players faster into combat (and of course, they’re also fun). If the combat is already at your base, you don’t need the man cannons, and you shouldn’t use them. In fact, there is never need for you to use the man cannons. You can walk the exact same path the man cannon would take through the air. All the man cannons do is shorten the travel time when you could really use a shorter travel time.

The same that can be said about man cannons can be said about teleporters: you shouldn’t use one if you thought there is a good change the enemey is waiting at the other end. And indeed, on any well designed map there is an alternative path. Man cannons and teleporters are both means of faster travel between two relatively safe areas. Predictability is not an issue, because there is always another path, so you shouldn’t use the faster path unless you believe it’s safe enough.

Man cannons and teleporters are therefore very useful for design of large maps where the combat can often be very far from where the combat is. Alternatively, they can make an otherwise lengthy detour through a less populated area of the map feasible. For small maps they can connect parts of the map in a way that wouldn’t be possible by other means, such as is the case with the Battle Creek teleporters. The additional paths they provide can actually make the overall map movement less predictable.

> 2533274825830455;19:
> > 2533274847627340;10:
> > > 2533274823394867;4:
> > > > 2533274847627340;3:
> > > > The problem with teleporters and man-cannons is that they are too predictable. Teleporters less so , since you can have multiple exits tied to the same entrance , but they create camp-able bottlenecks that make for poor game-play loops as a whole. I too love and miss these means of traversing the map , but I think this is the reason they were removed/not brought back.
> > >
> > > now thats something you got wrong with since if you have maps like Valhalla on halo 3 and the remake ragnarok on halo 4 there we not predictable since you not know when somebody is gone use then.
> > > and how many time’s it was not fun to use a mongoose and fly with it from it on the same maps?
> > >
> > > also there are not remove from the halo series since in halo 5 warzone maps you still got then.
> > > but not on more on the matchmaking maps but the reason for that is more that the maps in matchmaking have become small more.
> >
> > They are predictable because you know for the most part where a person is going to be in the air and where they will land. Yes I know that how you enter them effects trajectory , but most people entered them strait on which leads to predictable angles and landings. And I never said they weren’t fun , I even said I miss them , just that I understood why they were removed from standard Match making. (War Zone , FF , are not what I would call standard match making, but that’s just my opinion).
> >
> > And yes , my team and I have held top mid of Valhalla often enough that I can say we knew when the enemy was going to use a man-cannon. Using the sniper or laser from top mid gives you enough zoom to see into the top floor of either base. Valhalla is actually the map I was thinking of when I said they are predictable.
>
> I don’t see why predictability is an issue here. The same argument can be made for any method of entrance to an area: a standard issue doorway is predictable for all the same reasons a man cannon or a teleporter is predictable. What we do to avoid a bottleneck is have multiple ways of entering an area, so that players aren’t forced to predictably come through a single funnel.
>
> We can consider Valhalla. The man cannons aren’t intended to be, nor do they need to be, unpredictable. That’s quite obvious with the main man cannons shooting you straight out in the open in a very high arc. If the opponents control the middle of the map, it’s about the worst path one could choose. But that’s not what it’s for. The middle hill of the map purposely blocks sight lines, which means that you have to be at least mid-way through the map to see the opposing base. The man cannons are there so that you don’t need to run through half the map just to get into combat when it is at the opposing side. They are a method to speed up the on-foot gameplay by getting players faster into combat (and of course, they’re also fun). If the combat is already at your base, you don’t need the man cannons, and you shouldn’t use them. In fact, there is never need for you to use the man cannons. You can walk the exact same path the man cannon would take through the air. All the man cannons do is shorten the travel time when you could really use a shorter travel time.
>
> The same that can be said about man cannons can be said about teleporters: you shouldn’t use one if you thought there is a good change the enemey is waiting at the other end. And indeed, on any well designed map there is an alternative path. Man cannons and teleporters are both means of faster travel between two relatively safe areas. Predictability is not an issue, because there is always another path, so you shouldn’t use the faster path unless you believe it’s safe enough.
>
> Man cannons and teleporters are therefore very useful for design of large maps where the combat can often be very far from where the combat is. Alternatively, they can make an otherwise lengthy detour through a less populated area of the map feasible. For small maps they can connect parts of the map in a way that wouldn’t be possible by other means, such as is the case with the Battle Creek teleporters. The additional paths they provide can actually make the overall map movement less predictable.

I think it’s because in the past Halo titles once you hit a mancannon there’s literally 0 chance of ever landing anywhere different no matter which way you entered it. You’d always land in almost exactly the same spot every time. At least the on-foot approach you can tease or tempt enemies who try to react early camping with rockets, etc to waste ammo by strafing in or around doorways. You can’t do that with mancannons. You hit one and someone focuses on you, you can bet that rocket or grenade will be at your feet the second you land.

In Halo 5 though, we can at least charge ground pounds and thrust (including while walking into them) to adjust trajectories and creates literal hundreds of new avenues of approach and concealment from map geometry. It’s fun in that retrospect, but the Arena feel of most maps in Halo 5 don’t offer that because it’s more meant for the ground game and holding verticality against your enemies. The main use of mancannons is purely vertical jumps from one floor to another and nothing more on most maps.