Man, I wouldn't want to be Lasky in Halo 5

Halo CE - Captain Keys - Dead
Halo 2 - No Captain Deaths
Halo 3 - Captain Keys (Miranda) - Dead
Halo 4 - No Captain Deaths
Halo 5 - Captain Lasky?

So every other game a captain dies. Just say’n. Or is just sucks to have the last name Keys.

> 2533274811914060;1:
> Halo CE - Captain Keys - Dead
> Halo 2 - No Captain Deaths
> Halo 3 - Captain Keys (Miranda) - Dead
> Halo 4 - No Captain Deaths
> Halo 5 - Captain Lasky?
>
> So every other game a captain dies. Just say’n. Or is just sucks to have the last name Keys.

To be fair, he does have key in his name.

> 2533274884923953;2:
> > 2533274811914060;1:
> > Halo CE - Captain Keys - Dead
> > Halo 2 - No Captain Deaths
> > Halo 3 - Captain Keys (Miranda) - Dead
> > Halo 4 - No Captain Deaths
> > Halo 5 - Captain Lasky?
> >
> > So every other game a captain dies. Just say’n. Or is just sucks to have the last name Keys.
>
>
> To be fair, he does have key in his name.

It kinda does, in pronunciation. Captain Las-KEY! Yep, hes doomed.

> 2533274816299345;3:
> > 2533274884923953;2:
> > > 2533274811914060;1:
> > > Halo CE - Captain Keys - Dead
> > > Halo 2 - No Captain Deaths
> > > Halo 3 - Captain Keys (Miranda) - Dead
> > > Halo 4 - No Captain Deaths
> > > Halo 5 - Captain Lasky?
> > >
> > > So every other game a captain dies. Just say’n. Or is just sucks to have the last name Keys.
> >
> >
> > To be fair, he does have key in his name.
>
>
> It kinda does, in pronunciation. Captain Las-KEY! Yep, hes doomed.

I never thought of that. Oh BLAM!

Odds are always bad for keys.

Captain Del Rio got totally shafted out of being the commanding officer of the UNSC’s prize flagship. He may not have died, but he was totally humiliated. Then he became a Senator and embarrassed himself even more by publicly denouncing Chief before all the facts were in and having to recant later.

But yeah, all the main Captains end up dead or screwed over in some other way. Break the cycle, Lasky!

> 2533274810150284;6:
> Captain Del Rio got totally shafted out of being the commanding officer of the UNSC’s prize flagship. He may not have died, but he was totally humiliated. Then he became a Senator and embarrassed himself even more by publicly denouncing Chief before all the facts were in and having to recant later.
>
> But yeah, all the main Captains end up dead or screwed over in some other way. Break the cycle, Lasky!

inb4 Del Rio assassinates Lasky

“Commander” Miranda Keyes

Yeah Miranda wasn’t a captain.

> 2533274810150284;6:
> Captain Del Rio got totally shafted out of being the commanding officer of the UNSC’s prize flagship.

No, he didn’t. He was relieved of command due to his incompetentcy. He was a terrible Captain, even with the Cheif’s reasonable “insubordination” aside.

> 2533274883669557;8:
> “Commander” Miranda Keyes

Yeah, she’s referred to as “commander”, but isn’t that an error? Shouldn’t she have been a captain? It strikes me that if she were in charge of the vessel, she would be the captain. It’s not like there was a different captain and she was just the first officer who took over, and even if that were the case, Lasky did the same thing after Del Rio and he was immediately made a captain.

I’m no expert on naval ranks, but wouldn’t the person who’s permanently in charge of the vessel be the captain?

> 2533274804813082;10:
> > 2533274810150284;6:
> > Captain Del Rio got totally shafted out of being the commanding officer of the UNSC’s prize flagship.
>
>
> No, he didn’t. He was relieved of command due to his incompetentcy. He was a terrible Captain, even with the Cheif’s reasonable “insubordination” aside.

You don’t get to be the captain of the UNSC’s greatest ship by being a terrible captain. He did his job, Chief got in the way. Unfortunately for Del Rio, Chief ended up being right about everything. If it hadn’t turned out that way, Chief would have been court-martialed and Del Rio would have probably been given a medal.

I feel Lasky rides a lot of plot armor regarding the Reclaimer Saga. Halo needs every human character they can get. It would be a fools move to off Lasky. You never know though.

> 2533274810150284;11:
> > 2533274883669557;8:
> > “Commander” Miranda Keyes
>
>
> Yeah, she’s referred to as “commander”, but isn’t that an error? Shouldn’t she have been a captain? It strikes me that if she were in charge of the vessel, she would be the captain. It’s not like there was a different captain and she was just the first officer who took over, and even if that were the case, Lasky did the same thing after Del Rio and he was immediately made a captain.
> I’m no expert on naval ranks, but wouldn’t the person who’s permanently in charge of the vessel be the captain?

"A commander in the U.S. Navy may command a frigate, destroyer, submarine, aviation squadron or small shore activity, or may serve on a staff afloat or ashore (typically as an action officer or as an executive officer to a flag officer or general officer), or a larger vessel afloat (as either a department head or executive officer). An officer in the rank of commander who commands a vessel may also be referred to as “captain” as a courtesy title, or informally referred to as “skipper”. Commanding officers of aviation squadrons and shore activities may also be informally referred to as “skipper” but never as “captain.” - Wikipedia so might not be 100% right.

Sounds like you can be a commander and be in command of a frigate though, which is what she is.

I wouldn’t want to be Lasky period. Everyone around him is either:
A. super powered super soldier who was abducted at age 6
B. A super soldier who was already an outstanding soldier to begin with
C. A super intelligent psycho lady with one arm
D. A giant alien
E. A Super sexual zed super soldier
F. a sarcastic wisecracking yellow AI

Abd then Lasky is just average Joe man.

> 2533274857398125;15:
> I wouldn’t want to be Lasky period. Everyone around him is either:
> A. super powered super soldier who was abducted at age 6
> B. A super soldier who was already an outstanding soldier to begin with
> C. A super intelligent psycho lady with one arm
> D. A giant alien
> E. A Super sexual zed super soldier
> F. a sarcastic wisecracking yellow AI
>
> Abd then Lasky is just average Joe man.

True but he does have one trick up his sleeve. A freaking 5km super ship with enough guns to turn a continent into an ocean.

Captain Last Key.

End of Halo Confirmed.

If Lasky dies in Halo 5, who that we know of so far would take his place honestly? That’s right… No one. Lasky can’t die just yet because he’s such a linchpin type of character for the saga. Without him, there wouldn’t be a companion for Sarah Palmer. Without him, there wouldn’t be a historical meaning to Halo: FUD which showcased the first meeting between him and Master Chief. Then there’s also the reduction of interactive qualities with Dr. Halsey and Roland as an extension… So there’s that as well.

I don’t see his death in Halo 5 happening at all. I’d be surprised if he’s critically injured by the end of it, but nothing more.

> 2533274815396835;18:
> If Lasky dies in Halo 5, who that we know of so far would take his place honestly? That’s right… No one. Lasky can’t die just yet because he’s such a linchpin type of character for the saga. Without him, there wouldn’t be a companion for Sarah Palmer. Without him, there wouldn’t be a historical meaning to Halo: FUD which showcased the first meeting between him and Master Chief. Then there’s also the reduction of interactive qualities with Dr. Halsey and Roland as an extension… So there’s that as well.
>
> I don’t see his death in Halo 5 happening at all. I’d be surprised if he’s critically injured by the end of it, but nothing more.

True, true…the other advantage is that Lasky has more of an actual backstory wirh the Chief-something that Miranda, Del Rio, and Keys Sr. didn’t. Story armor, and all that.

> 2533274804813082;10:
> > 2533274810150284;6:
> > Captain Del Rio got totally shafted out of being the commanding officer of the UNSC’s prize flagship.
>
>
> No, he didn’t. He was relieved of command due to his incompetentcy. He was a terrible Captain, even with the Cheif’s reasonable “insubordination” aside.

Actually, Paragosky put Del Rio there as a fill-in. Lasky was planned to be Captain of the Infinity from the start.