Man, giving up on war games

Least til next year when I can switch ISPs. I recently got an “Update” they didn’t mention they throttle the crap out of the it and capped the upspeed at half it’s previous.

I’ll see you guys in feb, til then Spartan ops will keep me and mom entertained. I used to enjoy war games but now instead of feeling outplayed the horrible lag just makes me feel jipped. Never had a issue until the “updated system” got installed.

Sorry 343 but you can thank ATT for one less player. Bought the DLC in good faith though, hope it helps fund the next game, campaign was great and mom is addicted to Spartan ops.

I really don’t understand what you are talking about

bandwidth is not all that important to reduce lag, what you need is a low latency (ping times). If you have DSL it could be you are too far from the CO to get good ping rates, switching ISP’s wouldn’t help if you use a phone line because it’s all going to use the same hardware. If you switch to cable modem it could help but depends on your cable provider. You mentioned AT&T do you have UVERSE or DSL ?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

lol you play with your mom ?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Tell your mom I said “hi”.

Halo with no parents is way better.

>

Nothing wrong with spending time with the family.

Some people do not have mothers that are around to enjoy time with.

the family that plays halo together stays together

Some people are jealous because their mom isn’t as cool as OP’s.

When you finish the fight with mom, you not only get new armor, you also get cookies!

I feel your pain. We have TWC which currently pings at 12.13 mbps download, and 0.97 mbps upload, and have experienced lag with Halo 4 far more often than we should have.
Especially when playing Sp Ops, BTB with other gamers. Nothing we can do but hope like heck for future online games to have dedicated servers - If in fact that is the cure for lag.
Since November 2012, my wife, son, and even daughter played Halo 4. But over time the black-screens, and lag inevitably left it’s mark.
So while others may tell you “get cable net services” - I have it, and lag as well, therefore, IMHO. I don’t think that the added expense for cable is the solution.

> I feel your pain. We have TWC which currently pings at 12.13 mbps download, and 0.97 mbps upload, and have experienced lag with Halo 4 far more often than we should have.
> Especially when playing Sp Ops, BTB with other gamers. Nothing we can do but hope like heck for future online games to have dedicated servers - If in fact that is the cure for lag.
> Since November 2012, my wife, son, and even daughter played Halo 4. But over time the black-screens, and lag inevitably left it’s mark.
> So while others may tell you “get cable net services” - I have it, and lag as well, therefore, IMHO. I don’t think that the added expense for cable is the solution.

Man, and I thought the OP’S family was awesome.

>

some people have no class.

Nothing at all wrong with that at all, I’ve played several games including halo with my son, some of the best times I’ve had in fact.

Well, mom is a gamer from the days of Doom and Quake Arena. So she enjoys shooting things in the face just as much as I do, even if the controller causes issues for her. Not so good at halo but back in the day I saw her slaughter folks in UT2k4.

Either way, I cant wait to get back into war games next year and see you guys. Hopefully switching will improve my situation.

> Well, mom is a gamer from the days of Doom and Quake Arena. So she enjoys shooting things in the face just as much as I do, even if the controller causes issues for her. Not so good at halo but back in the day I saw her slaughter folks in UT2k4.
>
> Either way, I cant wait to get back into war games next year and see you guys. Hopefully switching will improve my situation.

Awesome :slight_smile:

It’s cool you and your mom play halo together, my dad introduced me to halo 2 and then left gaming and i’ve played halo without family since :frowning:

I have no choice but to deal with bad ping times. There is no wired internet where I live, and all I have is a MiFi mobile hotspot.

Not that I would be that much better with good ping times . . . but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt.

Side note: My mom doesn’t play Halo. She’s 63, though, so she really doesn’t play any video games. But she has watched me play, and once while I was sniping with camo from atop a building on Complex, she opined that what I was doing didn’t really seem fair. I no longer use AC in my loadouts. :slight_smile:

And my kids like watching me play Haven and Adrift the best. Lots of melee. And they don’t like jetpackers, but did enjoy the one time I hit a jetpacker with a rocket.