Mammoth fuel

What does the Mammoth run on? Something that big can’t run on diesel at least for very long
quarry dumpers don’t run very long and take hundreds of gallons a day to run for a shift…
A common expression with them is it’s not measured in miles per gallon but rather feet per gallon

So as I’ve stated
What do mammoths and by that extension elephants run in? Are they micro nuke powered or some kind of weird sci-fi crystal energy power cell thingy?

probably baby reactors.
something kind of what powers scarabs, only not as efficient, or as cool, because we’re humans, not Covenant.

> 2535415966174493;2:
> probably baby reactors.
> something kind of what powers scarabs, only not as efficient, or as cool, because we’re humans, not Covenant.

I can see that

Yeah pretty sure it has a miniature fusion reactor for power. The UNSC uses those for dang near anything (see; bases in Halo Wars) so why not a slightly scalled down one for a Mammoth?

Fossil Fuels.

It’s probably some fusion reactor if I had to guess but I saw that opportunity and I took it i’m sorry ok

It probably uses a variation of hydrogen engine similar to the warthog.

> 2535450981578803;6:
> It probably uses a variation of hydrogen engine similar to the warthog.

Doesn’t sound as efficient…they’d go through decaliters

> 2533274926575406;7:
> > 2535450981578803;6:
> > It probably uses a variation of hydrogen engine similar to the warthog.
>
> Doesn’t sound as efficient…they’d go through decaliters

Considering the old bungie net info tagged on Halopedia says most UNSC vehicles don’t use fossil fuels (for like 400 years), and that the warthog can go 490 miles before needing to be refueled (and that you can use water for conversion to fuel) I’d say no, hydrogen fuel is probably what it’s using.

then again it’s the mammoth, it has a massive 35cm coillgun mounted on top and that would need a bit of power to operated so some form of compact fusion reactor is also likely.

so it’s two options, Hydrogen or compact reactor. having both would be the best choice, however with a massive 35cm gun on top I’d say a nuclear power source is certainly the largest of possibilities.

> 2535450981578803;8:
> > 2533274926575406;7:
> > > 2535450981578803;6:
> > > It probably uses a variation of hydrogen engine similar to the warthog.
> >
> > Doesn’t sound as efficient…they’d go through decaliters
>
> Considering the old bungie net info tagged on Halopedia says most UNSC vehicles don’t use fossil fuels (for like 400 years), and that the warthog can go 490 miles before needing to be refueled (and that you can use water for conversion to fuel) I’d say no, hydrogen fuel is probably what it’s using.
>
> then again it’s the mammoth, it has a massive 35cm coillgun mounted on top and that would need a bit of power to operated so some form of compact fusion reactor is also likely.
>
> so it’s two options, Hydrogen or compact reactor. having both would be the best choice, however with a massive 35cm gun on top I’d say a nuclear power source is certainly the largest of possibilities.

UNSC reactors use Deuterium (an isotope of Hidrogen)

Isn’t it mentioned that older ones use a big hydrogen engine, I cannot remember when.

I hope they make drivable mammoths in halo 6

> 2535414600922971;11:
> I hope they make drivable mammoths in halo 6

That would be sic
Like the Elephant in 3

> 2533274926575406;12:
> > 2535414600922971;11:
> > I hope they make drivable mammoths in halo 6
>
> That would be sic
> Like the Elephant in 3

Hopefully they will come in different varieties like a hannible version with a massive laser cannon instead of mini mac and with a pair of gauss cannons instead of rockets and the like

> 2535414600922971;13:
> > 2533274926575406;12:
> > > 2535414600922971;11:
> > > I hope they make drivable mammoths in halo 6
> >
> > That would be sic
> > Like the Elephant in 3
>
> Hopefully they will come in different varieties like a hannible version with a massive laser cannon instead of mini mac and with a pair of gauss cannons instead of rockets and the like

That would be glorious

For it size and energy output, considering it has to not only move it’s mass but repeatedly fire a mini MAC with the ability to hit orbital targets, a mini reactor is more likely. A supersized hydrogen engine hybrid could move it but I don’t think can produce enough power so that it can shoot consistsntly as well, which means an entire secondary source of power (not redundant) for the gun which may not drive the vehicle.

Arc Reactor

It’s gotta be some kind of reactor or high powered combustion engine with a fuel that provides enough power. Standard gas or diesel, like what we have, wouldn’t necessarily do it. Ehh maybe diesel? I don’t think even that is powerful enough.