Mammoth and Mantis

Mantis has been confirmed, and thinking about the possibility of the mammoth is amazing. I’v been waiting for something to replace the elephant for awhile.

I started thinking about different ways to use it in gameplay, and I used halo 3 games as inspiration.

What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.

Thoughts?

> Mantis has been confirmed, and thinking about the possibility of the mammoth is amazing. I’v been waiting for something to replace the elephant for awhile.
>
> I started thinking about different ways to use it in gameplay, and I used halo 3 games as inspiration.
>
> What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
>
> Thoughts?

Thank you of reminding me about forging on sandtrap and jumping the dunes and albatross in the Brute chopper, warthog, and mongoose.

I never tried it with the ghost because I didn’t want to. Also thanks for reminding me of when I moved the Elephants to the middle of the map and turned sandtrap into a circular race track for the mongoose (that was before sandtarp XD)

Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.

> Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.

I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that

> > Mantis has been confirmed, and thinking about the possibility of the mammoth is amazing. I’v been waiting for something to replace the elephant for awhile.
> >
> > I started thinking about different ways to use it in gameplay, and I used halo 3 games as inspiration.
> >
> > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Thank you of reminding me about forging on sandtrap and jumping the dunes and albatross in the Brute chopper, warthog, and mongoose.
>
> I never tried it with the ghost because I didn’t want to. Also thanks for reminding me of when I moved the Elephants to the middle of the map and turned sandtrap into a circular race track for the mongoose (that was before sandtarp XD)

No problem :stuck_out_tongue: allot of my best games came from sandtrap, and elephnats are amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

I quite like the idea of mobile base to mobile base combat.

The problem is that it didn’t quite pan out in H3 and was rife for abuse. But given that big cannon on the back of the Mammoth though, I think there could be some work arounds if we get a map big enough to fit it.

And by work arounds I mean a gametype where we have to move the Mammoth in position to fire upon either a fixed base, or another Mammoth.

> > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
>
> I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that

I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.

> What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
>
> Thoughts?

Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.

If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.

> I quite like the idea of mobile base to mobile base combat.
>
> The problem is that it didn’t quite pan out in H3 and was rife for abuse. But given that big cannon on the back of the Mammoth though, I think there could be some work arounds if we get a map big enough to fit it.
>
> And by work arounds I mean a gametype where we have to move the Mammoth in position to fire upon either a fixed base, or another Mammoth.

That would be amazing, you could have either one team or both trying to destroy the others base ,while the other team either tries to destroy your base or defend there’s from the attacking team. I could see that getting really intense.

> > > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
> >
> > I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that
>
> I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.

Well, its twice a scarab, and 4 times an elephant. That’s pretty big in my book

> > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.
>
> If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.

I wasn’t suggesting it be on sandtrap, just a similar setup in the way they spawn. (I was vague on that)

And I know it probably wont happen but the possibility’s still excite me lol

> > > > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
> > >
> > > I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that
> >
> > I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.
>
> Well, its twice a scarab, and 4 times an elephant. That’s pretty big in my book

It looks like its twice the size of an elephant to me.

A map idea I had that can support the mammoth and not be plain.
It would be a map fairly flat but with a large river running through the centre cutting it into two sections Red/Blue of course. throughout the map are trenches that the Mammoth can just roll over and small structures. there would also be a sort of catacomb of tunnels leading to the river, at the river there would be one massive bridge (Able to fit a Mammoth and still have some room for Hogs. mantises etc) Around this bridge would be two mid-large structure that would hold power weapons and provide a high ground to defend from . I like this idea as it has multiple applications and provides mammoth use with out making a bland infantry space it would be about 2x the size of sandtrap and would be formed like this =sandtrap
Thoughts?

> > > > > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
> > > >
> > > > I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that
> > >
> > > I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.
> >
> > Well, its twice a scarab, and 4 times an elephant. That’s pretty big in my book
>
> It looks like its twice the size of an elephant to me.

I would have to agree with you because of the size of it compared to the warthog in one of the pictures with it. (IMO) I would say personally it would at max me 2.5 times bigger, but i have been wrong before (IMO)

Edit)Post below proves me wrong lol

> > > > > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
> > > >
> > > > I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that
> > >
> > > I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.
> >
> > Well, its twice a scarab, and 4 times an elephant. That’s pretty big in my book
>
> It looks like its twice the size of an elephant to me.

Mammoth: 110 meters (360 ft) of length

Elephant: 25.7 metres (84 ft)of length

It seems 4x to me…

> > > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.
> >
> > If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.
>
> I wasn’t suggesting it be on sandtrap, just a similar setup in the way they spawn. (I was vague on that)
>
> And I know it probably wont happen but the possibility’s still excite me lol

Still, you’d need to have a HUGE map that would support that size of vehicle. Forge world is still too small for such a vehicle.

> > > > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.
> > >
> > > If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.
> >
> > I wasn’t suggesting it be on sandtrap, just a similar setup in the way they spawn. (I was vague on that)
> >
> > And I know it probably wont happen but the possibility’s still excite me lol
>
> Still, you’d need to have a HUGE map that would support that size of vehicle. Forge world is still too small for such a vehicle.

Maybe with the way its set up, but if you make the ocean solid, and level the mountains down to put them on the same level as the rest of the world you would have allot more room. Its not impossible to make the room for it.

> > > > > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thoughts?
> > > >
> > > > Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.
> > > >
> > > > If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.
> > >
> > > I wasn’t suggesting it be on sandtrap, just a similar setup in the way they spawn. (I was vague on that)
> > >
> > > And I know it probably wont happen but the possibility’s still excite me lol
> >
> > Still, you’d need to have a HUGE map that would support that size of vehicle. Forge world is still too small for such a vehicle.
>
> Maybe with the way its set up, but if you make the ocean solid, and level the mountains down to put them on the same level as the rest of the world you would have allot more room. Its not impossible to make the room for it.

No, but it’s all most impossible to have a map like that in Halo, no one would play it, cause they’d think it’s “Too big”, most Halo gamers these days like the small maps.

> > > > > > What I want to see is a CTF game with 2 Mammoths, supported by 2 Mantis both in the setup of sandtrap, but on a more open mad were you would actually have space to drive it, and the Mantis.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thoughts?
> > > > >
> > > > > Not to be a downer of anything, but, 2 mammoths on Sandtrap wouldn’t work, the map is too small for 2 mammoths, remember the mammoth is 3 or 4 times the size of the elephant, just one of the tires of the thing is big enough to cover the tank.
> > > > >
> > > > > If we do see a mammoth in MP, it won’t be mobile it’ll most likely be premently parked as a base.
> > > >
> > > > I wasn’t suggesting it be on sandtrap, just a similar setup in the way they spawn. (I was vague on that)
> > > >
> > > > And I know it probably wont happen but the possibility’s still excite me lol
> > >
> > > Still, you’d need to have a HUGE map that would support that size of vehicle. Forge world is still too small for such a vehicle.
> >
> > Maybe with the way its set up, but if you make the ocean solid, and level the mountains down to put them on the same level as the rest of the world you would have allot more room. Its not impossible to make the room for it.
>
> No, but it’s all most impossible to have a map like that in Halo, no one would play it, cause they’d think it’s “Too big”, most Halo gamers these days like the small maps.

True enough. Its saddening to think that it wont happen, but Halo 4 is still going to be amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > > > > Mammoth is around 3x times the elephant. If a map can fit that. Then yes i would love to play it.
> > > > >
> > > > > I hope it’s atleast in forge, it’s not to big to be an item, I mean look at the grid, i’ll be surprised it it’s larger than that
> > > >
> > > > I think it could work on maybe a more flattened out and clearer version of forge world, its pretty big, the overall area of it would be able to hold a mammoth no pronblem if it was designed differently.
> > >
> > > Well, its twice a scarab, and 4 times an elephant. That’s pretty big in my book
> >
> > It looks like its twice the size of an elephant to me.
>
> Mammoth: 110 meters (360 ft) of length
>
> Elephant: 25.7 metres (84 ft)of length
>
> It seems 4x to me…

I am still not sure where you got the information on that.