Making Multiplayer Canon was a Stupid Idea

Seriously it was just an idiotic idea to make multiplayer canon. Not only was it stupid but there was no need to make it canon and it honestly took away the feeling of being a part of the Halo Universe knowing that now its all a simulation on the UNSC Infinity. In Halos CE, 2, 3 and Reach, what made the multiplayer have the feeling of being a part of the Halo Universe was the fact that the multiplayer wasn’t canon, but the maps were canon locations. Like Valhalla, Bloodgulch/Coagulation, Sandtrap, Sandbox, Avalanche and other great maps. Not only were the locations fantastic and looked great, but it also gave you the feeling that a great battle could’ve taken place in these areas and that maybe even legendary Spartans like the Master Chief could’ve been here. Or it also gave you the feeling the Arbiter was here planning something or leading an attack.

I hope to god 343 scraps this idea of making multiplayer canon and just go back to how Bungie did things with multiplayer and its maps. Making the multiplayer canon is just stupid, unneeded and just over complicates things.

I dont think it changed this much.
I also dont think 343 will change it back.

> 2535408730995228;2:
> I dont think it changed this much.
> I also dont think 343 will change it back.

I hope they change it in Halo 6. Especially with how the Infinity’s power got knocked out and is on the run from Cortana. I sure hope that means the multiplayer can go back to how it was.

Well making it canon actually makes sense as to why spartans are fighting other spartans.

> 2533274947240680;4:
> Well making it canon actually makes sense as to why spartans are fighting other spartans.

But there was no need to do that though. No one really plays multiplayer and asks why are spartans killing other spartans. They just wanna have fun and kill people online.

Well using your logic, no one really thinks about what you said earlier either haha:)

> 2535430834886694;1:
> have the feeling of being a part of the Halo Universe… Not only were the locations fantastic and looked great, but it also gave you the feeling that a great battle could’ve taken place in these areas and that maybe even legendary Spartans like the Master Chief could’ve been here. Or it also gave you the feeling the Arbiter was here planning something or leading an attack.

Y’know the canon multiplayer crap was at first an excuse to get rid of playable elites. It’s a BS reason since they later added them in the canon

Well you contradicted yourself here.

If it wasn’t canon before, how did it give the feeling of “being in the Halo Universe?”

Probably a noob question but what does canon mean is this instance? I’ve seen this talked about a lot on here and never knew what it meant.

Honestly I don’t really have a fondness for the cannon multiplayer, I go with it though because it’s the story they want to tell to us.
If they at the end of the day can say this is a story they put there hearts into, then I’ll be more then happy to give it some much needed attention.

Dosn’t mean I like it though, I just go with it. same thing with sprint.

I’ll complain about getting playable elites till the end times however, that’s something I will stand for and I think it’s stupid that we don’t have it yet.

> 2533274859655334;9:
> Probably a noob question but what does canon mean is this instance? I’ve seen this talked about a lot on here and never knew what it meant.

Canon means that it makes sense to go along with the story of the Halo Universe. Canon as in, it fits into why Team A is fighting Team B, etc.
Spartans fighting Spartans being explained by it being in a simulation arena aboard the UNSC Infinity.

As for the people complaining about why it has to be canon, they’re using a double standard for an excuse to just have another thing to pester on about.
They say that 343i should’ve just kept it non-Canon cause no one cared about it being canon, when they’re not using that same standard while it IS canon.
They’re basically saying “I didn’t mind it not being canon.” while also saying “HOLY -Yoink- IT’S CANON IM PISSED OFF AS -Yoink-, DAD!”.

They’re basically stating that, the fact that it’s all a simulation gets their -Yoink!- in a knot. Kind of humorous, really. As I see it, all of our SPARTAN’s are INDEED fighting a war, but they are vigorously training inside the new star Capital Ship, the biggest one the galaxy has ever seen (in this time period), and these SPARTANs are fighting on and off the simulation room, but we’re just seeing them ON the ship for canon reasons.

Let me remind you, there is NOT a full scale war going on in the galaxy anymore. The Covenant we see in the campaign are virtually all that’s left besides a handful of more fleets, and along with various Covenant controlled planets, and a few smaller subfactions within the Covenant. In my POV, the SPARTANs we’re playing as are getting ready for something big. And with the developments in the Campaign in Halo 5 and upcoming Halo 6, I can imagine what it is and what changes there will be to the Multiplayer. I think in Halo 6, these SPARTANs aren’t going to be playing games anymore.

> 2533274860945165;8:
> Well you contradicted yourself here.
>
> If it wasn’t canon before, how did it give the feeling of “being in the Halo Universe?”

Yeah I should’ve worded that better lol. What I meant is trying to make the multiplayer full on canon and make it a simulation was just a bad idea and it was better when it was just us players fighting on a map thats actually canon. I meant to say the old multiplayer system was better.

> 2533274859655334;9:
> Probably a noob question but what does canon mean is this instance? I’ve seen this talked about a lot on here and never knew what it meant.

It takes part in the actual story, or is part of the lore.

For instance, if you’ve watched the Halo: Legends anime series, there’s a “comical” part about Spartan 1337. It is a Halo story, but it is non-canon, because it never actually happened.

How is it canon? How do we know?

Really, it’s cannon? I never noticed.

Multiplayer being Cannon takes nothing away from the multiplayer it only adds to the experience in my opinion there is no shred of proof that says multiplayer being cannon took away certain features.

But it can be a good idea. Look at it this way;

Elites can be in multiplayer, as they can easily be included in the cannon.

Cannon for War Games is that Spartans fight together in a ‘X-Men fighting the sentinels’ type of simulation. Elites can be easily added in the following way;

• Elites fight along side Spartans - Arbiter wants to train with Spartans to get a better bond with his soldiers and the UNSC’s soldiers - Laskey invites Arbiter and the Swords of Sanghelios join the War Games simulation on board the Infinity

I’ve been playing for over a year now, and I’m not really sure what difference there is being canon or not?

I don’t see what is wrong with making it canon. Besides, if you don’t like it, you can always ignore the fact that multiplayer is canon.

Also: Bungie did it first. Chiron TL-34 was called a “Spartan Clone Training Complex.”

It doesn’t hurt anything really, it’s not like it’s referenced in the story at all so you don’t miss anything if you don’t play Arena or Warzone. It’s just a fun way to give a reason for spartans to be shooting each other. Armies of today, and reality really, run war games to train, so why wouldn’t they keep it up?