Making Halo 4 The Next Multiplayer GOLDEN ERA

Note: Sorry if my english is bad. Also feel free to thank or replay. I worked really hard on this :slight_smile:

I’m not here to hate on Halo: Reach or Worship Halo 2/3, because I believe that games should keep what makes them good and stick to the core machanics, but improve it with innovation. To make Halo 4 a good multiplayer game you need 2 simple things, that if a team has masters it, they will be better than their opponents.

Skill
Ok, so as you all know, skill is very important and it seperates the Noobs from the Pros. The better player should always come out on top in the end unless your opponent has a power weapon or something.

-Aiming: The game does not need bloom(Mabye Recoil for some guns though). What is needs is less aim assist and less bullet magnitism. With this, the better player or the player that tries the most SHOULD come out on top. Bloom just leads to luckiest player coming on top unless their is a big skill gap between the two players. Also no hit scan.

-Movement: Srafing is one of the best machinics in Halo. A strafing opponent SHOULD be able to kill an opponent tha isn’t strafing. Jumping. I beilieve player should not be able to jump while being shot at. It get’s very annoying at close quarters.

-Equallity: Players should always spawn equally. Loadout are terrible(For skilled play list. I’m ok with it for Customs and social playlists.) equallity. Other than that it’s pretty self explanitory.

Teamwork
Ah yes, teamwork. VERY important for team games. Pretty self explanitory, but I will tell you guys anyways.

-Sticking together: I can’t tell you how much this works in past Halo games. Unless the other player has good weapons and stuff or is playing very stratigicly, you SHOULD always win a gun fight by teaming up on players.

-Communucation: It’s really hard trying to get your teamates to cooperate with when they don’t have a mic. Communication is great for making friends, making call-outs, trash talking, and sharing stratigies. Communication is a very important part of teamwork(Self Explanitory) Maybe 343 can incourage players to use their mics. I don’t care how, just as long as it works.

Ok so if this is kept in Halo 4, 343i can add AAs that you must pick up for all I care.

Are my ideas that bad?

not especially, i like the encourage to use mics part, although i wouldn’t dress it up as anything but what it is, no party chat in ranked play lists.

armour abilities as on map pick-ups, like equipment from halo 3 would be allot better than at spawn choices as it promotes map awareness and tactical choices as opposed to spawning with stealth or a jet-pack and sniper camping or heaven forbid god-locking in front of vehicles

remove bloom /period

a skill gap can only be implemented by a skill based ranking system, no system is beyond exploitation or ‘boosting’ but any system of skill is better for competitive games than randomly placing teams.
1 random, 1random+2guests, 2randoms, 1 more random+guest Vs a team of 8… nuff said.

as to the lack of replies, i think people have seen this argument a thousand times before.

very good ideas, in my ideal situation:
H4 is reach with ZB and the crosshairs would be much bigger than reach’s.
for example the “outer reticle” on the DMR in reach, would be the only reticle on H4’s DMR but the bullets would go in the same spot with a capped ROF.

this plus great maps and a DIVERSIFIED WEAPON SANDBOX.
I love what they did with reach (having no two weapons serve the same function) but there should be more nades, more snipers, more “BRs”, more “ARs”, and more “rockets”.
you can pull the bad weapons from ranked and leave all the fun lulzy “stickyshooter, beam rifle, flamethrower, sentinelbeams, and spartan lasers” for social and customs.

> not especially, i like the encourage to use mics part, although i wouldn’t dress it up as anything but what it is, no party chat in ranked play lists.
>
> armour abilities as on map pick-ups, like equipment from halo 3 would be allot better than at spawn choices as it promotes map awareness and tactical choices as opposed to spawning with stealth or a jet-pack and sniper camping or heaven forbid god-locking in front of vehicles
>
> remove bloom /period
>
> a skill gap can only be implemented by a skill based ranking system, no system is beyond exploitation or ‘boosting’ but any system of skill is better for competitive games than randomly placing teams.
> 1 random, 1random+2guests, 2randoms, 1 more random+guest Vs a team of 8… nuff said.
>
> as to the lack of replies, i think people have seen this argument a thousand times before.

Thank you good sir.

Ranking system.

Competitive Playlists - Halo 2’s Ranking System

Social Playlists - Reach’s Ranking System