Making Assassinations more useful

Right now assassinating someone just looks pretty (which is awesome), but why not give it some extra usefulness?

When you assassinate someone, why not make it so the red X doesn’t show up on their teammates HUD?

It would make a lot of sense and make the animation worth it instead of just getting the beat down.

Thoughts?

no. its fine the way it is stop trying to unbalance this game even more.

> no. its fine the way it is stop trying to unbalance this game even more.

How is my idea unbalanced?

Nah, I think assassinations are fine as they are. And if people see the red X, it is usually to late to stop me running my sword through your gut.

> Nah, I think assassinations are fine as they are. And if people see the red X, it is usually to late to stop me running my sword through your gut.

Yes usually it will be too late for them! :stuck_out_tongue: But imagine how it could make being stealthier a good option.

It would be cool because then you can be relatively safe from a nearby unwary teammate, as opposed to him rushing the X and just killing you as you exit the animation.

Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.

> Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.

stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.

> > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
>
> stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.

How is getting double points only off of assassinations harmful to the game as a whole?

> > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
>
> stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.

Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?

> > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> >
> > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
>
> Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?

where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.

> > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > >
> > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> >
> > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
>
> where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.

You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.

I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.

Honestly, I just don’t see the point of really making them worth more points or making them more “useful”. I predict that if assassinations were increased in point value, we’d see a lot more camo spamming because of it. Assassinations are simply cool flourish kills, I think that is for the best.

> > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > >
> > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > >
> > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> >
> > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
>
> You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
>
> I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.

no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…

im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.

in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.

> Honestly, I just don’t see the point of really making them worth more points or making them more “useful”. I predict that if assassinations were increased in point value, we’d see a lot more camo spamming because of it. Assassinations are simply cool flourish kills, I think that is for the best.

They are mainly just cool looking kills, your right. I think it would be a neat addition though and not harmful to the game at all if they made it so the red X doesn’t appear when someone gets killed that way.

Why not give those backstabbing experts a chance at being stealthy?

> > > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > > >
> > > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > > >
> > > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> > >
> > > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
> >
> > You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
> >
> > I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.
>
> no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…
>
> im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.
>
> in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.

How would camping increase? You can’t really assassinate someone if there’s camping and I don’t think people are going to camp JUST because they are afraid of getting back stabbed…

> > > > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > > > >
> > > > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> > > >
> > > > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
> > >
> > > You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
> > >
> > > I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.
> >
> > no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…
> >
> > im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.
> >
> > in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.
>
> How would camping increase? You can’t really assassinate someone if there’s camping and I don’t think people are going to camp JUST because they are afraid of getting back stabbed…

all it will be is people spamming camo and waiting in corners behind doorways to get the double points for someone who might walk through. this could potentially bring the game to a stand still/campfest. it also brings up the issue of people not really even playing to win but just to stat boost. if im playing ctf and everyone is just waiting at our flag spawn to assassinate someone for the commendation ill be mad.

like i said it just kills movement and encourages campy camo-y gameplay.

> > > > > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> > > > >
> > > > > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
> > > >
> > > > You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
> > > >
> > > > I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.
> > >
> > > no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…
> > >
> > > im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.
> > >
> > > in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.
> >
> > How would camping increase? You can’t really assassinate someone if there’s camping and I don’t think people are going to camp JUST because they are afraid of getting back stabbed…
>
> all it will be is people spamming camo and waiting in corners behind doorways to get the double points for someone who might walk through. this could potentially bring the game to a stand still/campfest. it also brings up the issue of people not really even playing to win but just to stat boost. if im playing ctf and everyone is just waiting at our flag spawn to assassinate someone for the commendation ill be mad.
>
> like i said it just kills movement and encourages campy camo-y gameplay.

I’m not talking about the double points though and I don’t think you’re right about that either.

> > > > > > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
> > > > >
> > > > > You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.
> > > >
> > > > no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…
> > > >
> > > > im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.
> > > >
> > > > in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.
> > >
> > > How would camping increase? You can’t really assassinate someone if there’s camping and I don’t think people are going to camp JUST because they are afraid of getting back stabbed…
> >
> > all it will be is people spamming camo and waiting in corners behind doorways to get the double points for someone who might walk through. this could potentially bring the game to a stand still/campfest. it also brings up the issue of people not really even playing to win but just to stat boost. if im playing ctf and everyone is just waiting at our flag spawn to assassinate someone for the commendation ill be mad.
> >
> > like i said it just kills movement and encourages campy camo-y gameplay.
>
> I’m not talking about the double points though <mark>and I don’t think you’re right about that either.</mark>

care to elaborate?

> im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.

Again, you’re talking like it will be universal. Which it won’t. Which I’m not suggesting. Second, camo is a large beacon of danger. You see dots you know someone is there. Third, nobody will be camping in objective gametypes. Since you don’t earn points from kills.

> > > > > > > > > > Could probably make assassinations worth double the kill points. I know that option was in Reach (and never used since people hate different gametypes) but since this is Halo 4 we’re talking about I’m not sure if that option remains.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > stuff like that is fine for customs just not the game as a whole.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Where did I say, “This option I am presenting should be universal for all gametypes, now and forever”?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > where did i say you said that? i was stating an opinion on the matter.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You’re also doing it in a very aggressive manner. I’m getting the impression that if you disagree with it then it’s stupid and should not be given another thought, case closed, conversation over etc.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’m just saying you don’t need to shoot down the guys ideas like that. Offer a little reasoning as to why you think it won’t work. What seems obvious to you may not be so clear to others. Just saying.
> > > > >
> > > > > no not aggressive was just busy is all so i tried to keep it short. i apologize if it came off that way. im free now so…
> > > > >
> > > > > im not a fan of this in game as a whole for a few reasons. when it comes to the double point part it would multiply the camo campers like bunnies on aphrodisiacs. then imagine playing any game type with no radar. there will be no movement as everyone picks a corner.
> > > > >
> > > > > in regards to the other thing about the red x, we really need to stop adding to this game. it has way too many features already. they need to slim everything down to a controlled chaos. it seems like 343 threw everything at the wall to see what will stick. having the x not appear is just another way for the camping to increase and another feature that really has no use.
> > > >
> > > > How would camping increase? You can’t really assassinate someone if there’s camping and I don’t think people are going to camp JUST because they are afraid of getting back stabbed…
> > >
> > > all it will be is people spamming camo and waiting in corners behind doorways to get the double points for someone who might walk through. this could potentially bring the game to a stand still/campfest. it also brings up the issue of people not really even playing to win but just to stat boost. if im playing ctf and everyone is just waiting at our flag spawn to assassinate someone for the commendation ill be mad.
> > >
> > > like i said it just kills movement and encourages campy camo-y gameplay.
> >
> > I’m not talking about the double points though <mark>and I don’t think you’re right about that either.</mark>
>
> care to elaborate?

If theres double points who is honestly going to go that far out of their way to just camo camp with their entire team? Wouldn’t that be a problem with camo camping rather than the double points?

Thats not my suggestion anyways. My idea is that when you get assassinated, your red X is disabled for your death. Not every death after that, just any death that is by assassination.