Making an Ugly Girl Sexy, Turning Reach to CEA

At first I was a ball of rage at 343s decision to not implement CE MP but i have given it some thought and while i dont think it was a wise decision to not give CE an MP I do think Reach can be retrofitted with REAL halo gameplay to emulate as close as possible CE gameplay. Hear is how i would update Reach in simple ways ot mkae it play just like CE.

Magnum

Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.

Grenades

Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.

Melee

Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed

AR

60 round clip anyone?

PP and PR

bring back the stun, easy enough

AAs

Just turn them off like customs

Sniper

Up the ROF to be like CE

======================================================================

These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.

> At first I was a ball of rage at 343s decision to not implement CE MP but i have given it some thought and while i dont think it was a wise decision to not give CE an MP I do think Reach can be retrofitted with REAL halo gameplay to emulate as close as possible CE gameplay. Hear is how i would update Reach in simple ways ot mkae it play just like CE.
>
> Magnum
>
> Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.
>
> Grenades
>
> Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.
>
> Melee
>
> Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed
>
> AR
>
> 60 round clip anyone?
>
> PP and PR
>
> bring back the stun, easy enough
>
> AAs
>
> Just turn them off like customs
>
> Sniper
>
> Up the ROF to be like CE
>
> ======================================================================
>
> These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.

The Pistol’s Bloom: This has been hinted at hugely that while the bloom WILL remain, it will be tweaked noticeably just for customs or Team Classic.

The Grenade Damage: I kill myself with grenades on Halo CE on Multiplayer & Campaign with Full Health & Shields, I agree that the fuse should be changed but do not change the power, if anything, increase it.

The AA’s: Confirmed to just be disabled by default

The Melee: The Bleedthrough should come back 100% but the lunge should be removed completely if they are attempting JUST a CE experience as there was no lunge in CE.

The Sniper: I like this idea but as long as you can’t camp for the Sniper to respawn and not make it one overpowered sun of a gun, then yes.

> > At first I was a ball of rage at 343s decision to not implement CE MP but i have given it some thought and while i dont think it was a wise decision to not give CE an MP I do think Reach can be retrofitted with REAL halo gameplay to emulate as close as possible CE gameplay. Hear is how i would update Reach in simple ways ot mkae it play just like CE.
> >
> > Magnum
> >
> > Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.
> >
> > Grenades
> >
> > Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.
> >
> > Melee
> >
> > Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed
> >
> > AR
> >
> > 60 round clip anyone?
> >
> > PP and PR
> >
> > bring back the stun, easy enough
> >
> > AAs
> >
> > Just turn them off like customs
> >
> > Sniper
> >
> > Up the ROF to be like CE
> >
> > ======================================================================
> >
> > These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.
>
> The Pistol’s Bloom: This has been hinted at hugely that while the bloom WILL remain, it will be tweaked noticeably just for customs or Team Classic.
>
> The Grenade Damage: I kill myself with grenades on Halo CE on Multiplayer & Campaign with Full Health & Shields, I agree that the fuse should be changed but do not change the power, if anything, increase it.
>
> The AA’s: Confirmed to just be disabled by default
>
> The Melee: The Bleedthrough should come back 100% but the lunge should be removed completely if they are attempting JUST a CE experience as there was no lunge in CE.
>
> The Sniper: I like this idea but as long as you can’t camp for the Sniper to respawn and not make it one overpowered sun of a gun, then yes.

where did they say bloom would stay? Mind linking me? If there is bloom on the magnum then it simply isnt CE. Hitscan would be fine for internet purposes but bloom really is nothing like ce minus auto weapons.

> > > At first I was a ball of rage at 343s decision to not implement CE MP but i have given it some thought and while i dont think it was a wise decision to not give CE an MP I do think Reach can be retrofitted with REAL halo gameplay to emulate as close as possible CE gameplay. Hear is how i would update Reach in simple ways ot mkae it play just like CE.
> > >
> > > Magnum
> > >
> > > Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.
> > >
> > > Grenades
> > >
> > > Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.
> > >
> > > Melee
> > >
> > > Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed
> > >
> > > AR
> > >
> > > 60 round clip anyone?
> > >
> > > PP and PR
> > >
> > > bring back the stun, easy enough
> > >
> > > AAs
> > >
> > > Just turn them off like customs
> > >
> > > Sniper
> > >
> > > Up the ROF to be like CE
> > >
> > > ======================================================================
> > >
> > > These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.
> >
> > The Pistol’s Bloom: This has been hinted at hugely that while the bloom WILL remain, it will be tweaked noticeably just for customs or Team Classic.
> >
> > The Grenade Damage: I kill myself with grenades on Halo CE on Multiplayer & Campaign with Full Health & Shields, I agree that the fuse should be changed but do not change the power, if anything, increase it.
> >
> > The AA’s: Confirmed to just be disabled by default
> >
> > The Melee: The Bleedthrough should come back 100% but the lunge should be removed completely if they are attempting JUST a CE experience as there was no lunge in CE.
> >
> > The Sniper: I like this idea but as long as you can’t camp for the Sniper to respawn and not make it one overpowered sun of a gun, then yes.
>
> where did they say bloom would stay? Mind linking me? If there is bloom on the magnum then it simply isnt CE. Hitscan would be fine for internet purposes but bloom really is nothing like ce minus auto weapons.

I will try and find it, I did read it a few days ago but it was in an interview, if I don’t reply with a source then I probably gave up but it was either a HUGE hint at it in the Halo Bulletin (maybe not this weeks but weeks earlier) or a interview with a known website.

If they did all of this, i would have a lan party in my basement a day later and play all day and night. Having these settings would bring enjoyment.

Ahhh, I found it!

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/18904.aspx

The guy has a link to the interview in their, and I quote.

> Another example of a possible change that might come to Combat Evolved Anniversary is the fan-favorite pistol. While the overpowered little beauty will still be the same beast it always was in campaign mode, the multiplayer version might – emphasis on might – be changed a little bit.

Not necessary a bloom tweak hint but it seems more that likely, it’s not like they will increase the clip size or something.

> Ahhh, I found it!
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/18904.aspx
>

> The guy has a link to the interview in their, and I quote.
>
>
>
> > Another example of a possible change that might come to Combat Evolved Anniversary is the fan-favorite pistol. While the overpowered little beauty will still be the same beast it always was in campaign mode, the multiplayer version might – emphasis on might – be changed a little bit.
>
> Not necessary a bloom tweak hint but it seems more that likely, it’s not like they will increase the clip size or something.

hmm disturbing but all hope is not lost. Hopefully they just don’t change a thing.

> Magnum
>
> Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.

I think the DMR should just be tweaked to be the powerful utility weapon. 3SK with (slightly quicker) bloom, or a 4SK without bloom. And the magnum could remain as the sidearm to fill a slightly different niche.

> Grenades
>
> Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.

To add to this, movement acceleration hurts too. In CE, the instant you started moving (forward, strafing, whatever), you were at top speed. Nowadays there’s a bit of a buildup, presumably to make things more realistic (which is stupid). Not being able to physically dodge as easily definitely has a part.

> Melee
>
> Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed

Problem being, the lunge exists for the same reason as hitscan and bullet magnetism, to combat lag. Unless melee damage was DRAMATICALLY reduced, melee fights without or with a very negligible lunge would just be random pukefests completely dependent on whoever has host.

> PP and PR
>
> bring back the stun, easy enough

Absolutely.

> AAs
>
> Just turn them off like customs

For the full-fledged classic experience, obviously. But if some of the more competitive playlists had sprint as a loadout and evade as a pickup, I wouldn’t mind. Evade is something that would definitely have to be controlled.

> Sniper
>
> Up the ROF to be like CE

I’d rather the Halo 2 sniper make a return, without the chest shots. The sniper lost to the pistol too often in CE, when both players were pretty equal in skill.

> These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.

To add:

-I think the grenade launcher would fit in well with a classic sandbox. It is most definitely a power weapon, and has a such a unique use (controlled detonation, you can kill someone without ever actually seeing them) that I think it would make any CE gameplay even better.

-Double overshield needs to become the standard again. And the camo needs to be returned to CE status.

-For any competitive playlist, the weapon sandbox needs to be slashed dramatically. Utility weapon (DMR, buffed magnum, whatever), sidearm, plasma rifle w/ stun, plasma pistol (maybe, doesn’t have much use in an overpowered sandbox), sniper, grenade launcher, shotgun (could also use a buff), and rockets. That’s it.

> > Magnum
> >
> > Take off bloom, 3sk if all headshots, 4 other wise. All are doable and have been done in one form or another. Bloom has been removed in Mods, damage upgrades are possible in MM customization so in code its doable. Reach is already capable of distinguishing head from body shots.
>
> I think the DMR should just be tweaked to be the powerful utility weapon. 3SK with (slightly quicker) bloom, or a 4SK without bloom. And the magnum could remain as the sidearm to fill a slightly different niche.
>
>
>
> > Grenades
> >
> > Reach grenades are OP compared to CE not because of power but rather how short their fuses are. Fixing them is as easy as extending the fuse to be like CE.
>
> To add to this, movement acceleration hurts too. In CE, the instant you started moving (forward, strafing, whatever), you were at top speed. Nowadays there’s a bit of a buildup, presumably to make things more realistic (which is stupid). Not being able to physically dodge as easily definitely has a part.
>
>
>
> > Melee
> >
> > Bring back bleed through and shorten the lunge significantly = fixed
>
> Problem being, the lunge exists for the same reason as hitscan and bullet magnetism, to combat lag. Unless melee damage was DRAMATICALLY reduced, melee fights without or with a very negligible lunge would just be random pukefests completely dependent on whoever has host.
>
>
>
> > PP and PR
> >
> > bring back the stun, easy enough
>
> Absolutely.
>
>
>
> > AAs
> >
> > Just turn them off like customs
>
> For the full-fledged classic experience, obviously. But if some of the more competitive playlists had sprint as a loadout and evade as a pickup, I wouldn’t mind. Evade is something that would definitely have to be controlled.
>
>
>
> > Sniper
> >
> > Up the ROF to be like CE
>
> I’d rather the Halo 2 sniper make a return, without the chest shots. The sniper lost to the pistol too often in CE, when both players were pretty equal in skill.
>
>
>
> > These are not even all of the changes but when you think about it Reach can undergo a transformation and it can be the game we all remembered and loved. Here is for hoping the TU will do these small but significant mods.
>
> To add:
>
> -I think the grenade launcher would fit in well with a classic sandbox. It is most definitely a power weapon, and has a such a unique use (controlled detonation, you can kill someone without ever actually seeing them) that I think it would make any CE gameplay even better.
>
> -Double overshield needs to become the standard again. And the camo needs to be returned to CE status.
>
> -For any competitive playlist, the weapon sandbox needs to be slashed dramatically. Utility weapon (DMR, buffed magnum, whatever), sidearm, plasma rifle w/ stun, plasma pistol (maybe, doesn’t have much use in an overpowered sandbox), sniper, grenade launcher, shotgun (could also use a buff), and rockets. That’s it.

I agree with CE movement, GL add, DMR being utility (though i dont know why they just cant reskin it with the magnum since weapons are built in map and just leave the 2 precision weapon dynamic out). IMO h2 sniper was too easy to use and the great thing about CE was that with the magnum you were battle ready from spawn and that player who had aquired power weapons were not gods, the sniper had the edge since he could 1sk but he wasnt invincible like in reach. and IMO H2 sniper was a bit too easy due to swipe shots. PP with reach tracking + CE stun would still be a viable weapon. I also think concussion and sword minus sword block would be fine int he playlist.

I can see why they didnt put the ce MM back. It really would have been a lag and glitch fest.

Sounds great, especially since it’ll just be in Classic playlists. One man’s trash is another’s treasure.

Grenades fuse time need to lengthen, there’s just too much grenade spamming, might as well make it a game of grenades only.
I would like to see bleed through too, for experiment but anything will be better than getting double beat downs.
I really want to see bloom gone, it pisses me off so much.

I am still pissed about the lack of multiplayer in Halo CEA. It’s nice to see that they are trying but I still believe fundamental problems exist in Reach that are beyond repair.

Since the release of Halo 3, my motto with this franchise has been , “Hope for the best, expect the worst.” I would like to see Reach have an amazing multiplayer experience, I just do not think it is going to happen.

Ouch… What you just described is an absolutely horrid gaming experience. Making the Pistol significantly better than the DMR? What? Making the Sniper even MORE powerful when it’s already one of the best guns in the game? Huh?

Let’s just wait and see what the Title Update brings… I highly, HIGHLY doubt anything you mentioned will be making an appearance (Maybe a piece here or there, but with significantly more changes than what you said).

> Ouch… What you just described is an absolutely horrid gaming experience. Making the Pistol significantly better than the DMR? What? Making the Sniper even MORE powerful when it’s already one of the best guns in the game? Huh?
>
> Let’s just wait and see what the Title Update brings… I highly, HIGHLY doubt anything you mentioned will be making an appearance (Maybe a piece here or there, but with significantly more changes than what you said).

Making the pistol a 3 shot weapons will piss everyone

You guys seriously think this will be balanced ??

threads like this give me hope for the future of halo. I agree with the OP 100%

> > Ouch… What you just described is an absolutely horrid gaming experience. Making the Pistol significantly better than the DMR? What? Making the Sniper even MORE powerful when it’s already one of the best guns in the game? Huh?
> >
> > Let’s just wait and see what the Title Update brings… I highly, HIGHLY doubt anything you mentioned will be making an appearance (Maybe a piece here or there, but with significantly more changes than what you said).
>
> Making the pistol a 3 shot weapons will piss everyone
>
> You guys seriously think this will be balanced ??

Pistol is what CE’s overpowered balance click.

CE is by far the best multiplayer in the series, in large due to that overpowered balance.

2 + 2

And how the hell is something not balanced if everything has it off spawn?

can anyone link me to these hints about the magnum bloom?

> can anyone link me to these hints about the magnum bloom?

Read this entire article. It will get you pretty excited.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715011/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-edition-details-343s-frank-oconnor-talks/

> Ouch… What you just described is an absolutely horrid gaming experience. Making the Pistol significantly better than the DMR? What? Making the Sniper even MORE powerful when it’s already one of the best guns in the game? Huh?
>
> Let’s just wait and see what the Title Update brings… I highly, HIGHLY doubt anything you mentioned will be making an appearance (Maybe a piece here or there, but with significantly more changes than what you said).

Gather around young ones and let me regale a tale of when pistol was king and DMR didnt exist. Oh it was a wonderful time had by all who played. Kill times were fast and the sniper didnt guarantee long range domination…

The magnum was the utility weapon of CE not the DMR so teh DMR wouldnt even be in the game. The sniper while beefed up would be balanced by the even more beefed up magnum. in this way it would mirror CE cuz like thats the point of the TU to supplement CE MP with an altered version of Reach MP. THINK.