Make Warzone free for all XBL Gold members?

Idea: Since Warzone is already sort of a F2P model, why not make it free for all XBL Gold members? The benefit here is it would MASSIVELY increase the population for Halo 5, and might convince people to spend money for the other features (Campaign, Arena, Forge, Theater, etc.).

Of course, I’m not a businessman. So this could be a terrible idea. Or it could offend people that already bought the game. Also, Warzone only has 4 maps.

Nevertheless, what do you guys think?

actually, that’s an amazing idea.

and if they like what they see, they can buy the full game.

That’s a really interesting idea. They might need to restrict it a bit more, but similar setups have been done in the past. It could be viable.

> 2533274953123640;3:
> That’s a really interesting idea. They might need to restrict it a bit more, but similar setups have been done before. It could be viable.

maybe you need the full game to get REQ points.
free version you can play, but only REQ items have to be bought from REQ packs?

Yes it would increase population but I personally think that would be unfair to Day One Player because we all had to pay full price.
If they didn’t ask full price for it and removed the Req System then I would be alright with that Idea.
Thats just my opinion.

Or as people stated, restrict some stuff for free players.
But my post shouldn’t be taken negative, this idea could have potential.

> 2533274870704119;5:
> Yes it would increase population but I personally think that would be unfair to Day One Player because we all had to pay full price.
> If they didn’t ask full price for it and removed the Req System then I would be alright with that Idea.
> Thats just my opinion.

Well, I mean, people who pay full price get the full game. Including Campaign, Arena, and Forge, as well as early access to Warzone itself. Besides, Warzone is only 4 maps.

But again, you may be right, it could offend players who actually bought the game.

Or do some FreePlay weekends to build up fan base, that would be nice too.

> 2617047104895806;7:
> > 2533274870704119;5:
> > Yes it would increase population but I personally think that would be unfair to Day One Player because we all had to pay full price.
> > If they didn’t ask full price for it and removed the Req System then I would be alright with that Idea.
> > Thats just my opinion.
>
>
> Well, I mean, people who pay full price get the full game. Including Campaign, Arena, and Forge, as well as early access to Warzone itself. Besides, Warzone is only 4 maps.
>
> But again, you may be right, it could offend players who actually bought the game.

Yes you are right full price players got everything and I think there are 6 Warzone Maps ;).
Maybe if they release the free version in like 6 Months, then that would be great.

> 2533274811965155;8:
> Or do some FreePlay weekends to build up fan base, that would be nice too.

That would also be a good idea like Microsoft sometimes does a free XBL Gold weekend so they could add a free to play warzone weekend in.

> 2617047104895806;7:
> > 2533274870704119;5:
> > Yes it would increase population but I personally think that would be unfair to Day One Player because we all had to pay full price.
> > If they didn’t ask full price for it and removed the Req System then I would be alright with that Idea.
> > Thats just my opinion.
>
>
> Well, I mean, people who pay full price get the full game. Including Campaign, Arena, and Forge, as well as early access to Warzone itself. Besides, Warzone is only 4 maps.
>
> But again, you may be right, it could offend players who actually bought the game.

Wouldnt offend me. I bought the game plus the S.E. console too.
There should be a limit though as to how they should be allowed to play or should say limit the amount of content & time. Perhaps 1 Warzone & or Assault map & play a couple weeks or so. I dunno somewhere around there.
As for Reqs well I dunno.

Like said doesnt bother & maybe itll make the xmas newbies happy they can get a kill :grin:

> 2533274807651298;11:
> > 2617047104895806;7:
> > > 2533274870704119;5:
> > > Yes it would increase population but I personally think that would be unfair to Day One Player because we all had to pay full price.
> > > If they didn’t ask full price for it and removed the Req System then I would be alright with that Idea.
> > > Thats just my opinion.
> >
> >
> > Well, I mean, people who pay full price get the full game. Including Campaign, Arena, and Forge, as well as early access to Warzone itself. Besides, Warzone is only 4 maps.
> >
> > But again, you may be right, it could offend players who actually bought the game.
>
>
> Wouldnt offend me. I bought the game plus the S.E. console too.
> There should be a limit though as to how they should be allowed to play or should say limit the amount of content & time. Perhaps 1 Warzone & or Assault map & play a couple weeks or so. I dunno somewhere around there.
> As for Reqs well I dunno.
>
> Like said doesnt bother & maybe itll make the xmas newbies happy they can get a kill :grin:

Yeah the idea of a limit sounds also interesting.

I would be okay with this if they were not allowed to gain REQ points by playing and only by purchasing REQ packs.

> 2617047104895806;1:
> Idea: Since Warzone is already sort of a F2P model, why not make it free for all XBL Gold members? The benefit here is it would MASSIVELY increase the population for Halo 5, and might convince people to spend money for the other features (Campaign, Arena, Forge, Theater, etc.).
>
> Of course, I’m not a businessman. So this could be a terrible idea. Or it could offend people that already bought the game. Also, Warzone only has 4 maps.
>
> Nevertheless, what do you guys think?

Only issue with that.
Warzone is played a lot…possibly more than Arena.
And it would require to download a bunch of H5 files anyway.

Does halo 5 have a demo? If it doesn’t it should have War Zone on escape from arch,trenches in breakout and the first two campaign missions