make the ranking system individual skill based.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

they need to make the ranking system based on player skill instead of team wins. Sick of having limited team mates. my KD every game is atleast 1.8 yet i still lose games cause most the time my teammates are people with negative kd. just then i did 2 games in a row first game some kid on my team was 1 kill 17 deaths. 1 kill 17 -Yoinking!- deaths. 2 assists. Then the next game apart from my kd which was 1.8, the highest kd on my team was a 0.7. I am way better than the scrubs i play with. 343 need to redo the ranking system so it’s individual skill. and to those saying ‘you only care about kd’ duhh no chit, it’s fukn slayer the whole point is to have good kd. My current kda spread with a time played of 4h 11m is 3.9, yet games won is 13 with 27 total games played.

Wouldn’t work well in objective or mixed slayer/obj playlists. Maybe an FFA slayer only playlist but W/L is the best way to do it.

Remember it’s all about who you play and it helps when you have friends with you. Even having 1 friend can help a lot.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

atleast make it for slayer, seriously every game is based on win loss. how about 343 actually innovate instead of continue to copy the latest trends. Innovate by making an invididual skill rating system for a team based game? 343 are a bunch of idiots who still havent fixed MCC’s matchmaking.

> 2533274802354816;3:
>

W/L has worked well in the past. Like all games it takes time for things like a ranking system to take full shape.

yes they should because i cant wait for half my team to hide to protect there kda leaving my the only one trying to win /s

competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills, especially in objective games

competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills, especially in objective games

> 2533274810489625;7:
> competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills

You dont think maybe slayer is solely dependent on kill count??

> 2533274802354816;8:
> > 2533274810489625;7:
> > competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills
>
>
> You dont think maybe slayer is solely dependent on kill count??

Teamwork and communication can help guarantee you get that kill count

Team slayer is about the team winning not individual performances. Talk to your teammates it might help or find some good friends

> 2533274802354816;8:
> > 2533274810489625;7:
> > competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills
>
>
> You dont think maybe slayer is solely dependent on kill count??

thats the obj of team slayer. its not lets see which player does best thats rumble

> 2533274806462140;11:
> > 2533274802354816;8:
> > > 2533274810489625;7:
> > > competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You dont think maybe slayer is solely dependent on kill count??
>
>
>
> thats the obj of team slayer. its not lets see which player does best thats rumble

yeah but it’s not my fault when im going 2.0 kd and 3 other teammates are all 0.6 with like 2 assists each while i have 20 kills. no amount of communication can stop a person from sucking -Yoink- at simply aiming.

It needs to be a combination for matchmaking. This isn’t a tournament. Many folks are not that great. Its not a problem, it’s just folks having fun playing games. However, there’s too many variables, that make up a win or loss. In Slayer specifically KA/D ratio does mean something. I’m not saying scrap the system. Just saying add in bonus/penalty points for extreme KA/D ratios. Like going very positive or super negative. Some of us have Jobs/Wives/Kids and don’t have time or it is nearly impossible to coordinate times to have a team to play with. I never know when I’ll have a chance to play so I hop on when I can but can rarely get my team on. Doesn’t seem fair that only kids who can dedicate tons of time to vids are the only ones to have fun. It’s not fair to peeps like me that go positive every game and keep getting de-ranked into worse teams. Plus if you have a great team this will only affect you in a positive way so I don’t see what people issues are. Give me a reason that adding KA/D+the existing system will make things worse?

I had a level 46-49 team on Halo 3. It was the same issue. We could never jump into games alone on our accounts because even if we pulled or weight you would always get someone crappy and lose/de-rank. The randoms almost never talked and sometimes just logged in to de-rank themselves so games became easier again. So we would have someone intentionally losing games or trying to lose. Such is the matchmaking dice. We either played together or we had to have second accounts for solo matchmaking so it was possible to play alone. If the system took into account individual performance AS WELL as team it likely wouldn’t have been an issue as bad teammates would rank you down much slower if you are still playing well.

> 2533274806462140;5:
> yes they should because i cant wait for half my team to hide to protect there kda leaving my the only one trying to win /s

In slayer protecting your kd will win you the game. If your entire team goes positive then you are guaranteed to win. If your teammates style of play is to hold an area you need to adjust your gameplay to stick with them. Or at the very least make sure your kd stays positive.

If your teammate starts to go negative I guarantee you they will adjust what they are doing so they can continue to protect their kd.

I’ve lost many games because all four players on the other team stayed together in an area and picked us off as we tried to break in. I’ve also won many games this way. Setting up a defensive area and making the enemy come to you is a valid strategy.

> 2533274802354816;12:
> > 2533274806462140;11:
> > > 2533274802354816;8:
> > > > 2533274810489625;7:
> > > > competitive halo is about team work and communication. make it individual and everyone would run around, just trying to get kills
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You dont think maybe slayer is solely dependent on kill count??
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > thats the obj of team slayer. its not lets see which player does best thats rumble
>
>
> yeah but it’s not my fault when im going 2.0 kd and 3 other teammates are all 0.6 with like 2 assists each while i have 20 kills. no amount of communication can stop a person from sucking -Yoink- at simply aiming.

if you are off away from the team lone wolfing it, you aren’t helping the team as much as you could

Welcome to Halo. Don’t like losing rank? Then start winning. It’s TEAM SLAYER. Not Free For All. If you don’t have good teammates, start recruiting and making friends. Tired of people wanting skill rank to come easy to them lol.

I love the ranks system. All the no friend CoD losers will get dongblained back to COD at light speed.

it’s not so much coming easier to me as it is just making it based on my performance. If i’m bronze 1 with an individual system, then i suck. but if i’m bronze 1 with the current system then it’s my team’s fault for sucking. that’s the fact, this is why you see other team based games that use a win/loss ranking system have so many people complaining about being stuck in a league they don’t belong in. As I said, maybe 343 should actually innovate for once in their studio life - instead of mindlessly copying the latest FPS trends and slapping a halo skin on it.

> 2533274802354816;19:
> it’s not so much coming easier to me as it is just making it based on my performance. If i’m bronze 1 with an individual system, then i suck. but if i’m bronze 1 with the current system then it’s my team’s fault for sucking. that’s the fact, this is why you see other team based games that use a win/loss ranking system have so many people complaining about being stuck in a league they don’t belong in. As I said, maybe 343 should actually innovate for once in their studio life - instead of mindlessly copying the latest FPS trends and slapping a halo skin on it.

the only trend this is copying is classic halo 2 and 3. Halo has always been about team wins. There may also be a ranked free for all gametype in the final release that you would enjoy more