Make the plasma pistol better! :(

What i think 343 do is make the Plasma pistol stronger. it takes 10 hits to kill one person without using the charged shot. Make it stronger because people keep switching it out all the time. That thing is a total pee shooter and the only use for it is Charge melee charge hijack and it’s over.the rapid fire was kinda useless in halo 3.The most hilarious thing about it was in the commendations, barely any people have a mastery in Plasma pistol. the rapid fire only had use in the paintball game mode in action sack and even at that you’d only have up to 4 kills each match. and plus everyone votes for meta raid. MAKE PLASMA PISTOL STRONGER.

A pistol is normaly used as a secondary weapon in case of an emergency.I know, the magnum is used as that, Halo keeps all weapons unique. But the The -Yoink!- pistol needs a boost.

Pistols are normally used as sidearms, yes, and that is usually the niche the Magnum occupies when paired with the more powerful precision weapons. The Plasma pistol has the specific role of NOT being used against players (unless we are talking noob combo). No, its role is to be used almost exclusively as an anti vehicular weapon due to its charged EMP Blast. If it was more powerful, like you are asking, it would be unstoppable because players would just overcharge the pistol and shoot the other player a few times and BOOM, they got the kill.

It should be like the Halo Reach version, the Plasma pistol in that game was fairly powerful for it’s class and could kill in 8 shots if i remember correctly. I remember using it as a quick kill when i ambush someone, just pepper them nonstop and they drop pretty fast.

This certainly made it more useful other than being a anti-vehicular.

> The Plasma pistol has the specific role of NOT being used against players (unless we are talking noob combo).

It wasn’t until Halo 3 that the Plasma Pistol got the ability to disable vehicles.

In Halo CE the thing barely homed in at all, and while powerful it was still matched (exceeded) by the Magnum’s Power. Halo CE had a more powerful sandbox in general, which is what I think the game should try to return to.

I’d prefer to bring the CE incarnation of the PP back. I always found it to be more enjoyable and powerful and I’d love to see 343 take ideas from it and create a multiplayer version of it.

Instead of an EMP the charged bolt sticks to your target and causes damage over time. It has a lot more potential to kill the target over any post Halo CE PPs.

Bring back the Grenade launcher and let that be an EMP weapon. And why not create new EMP weapons? EMPs are something that Halo has grossly underutilized and I’d like to see what 343 could do if they based the idea of EMPs solely around power weapons instead of leaving it as an ability that a secondary weapon has.

> > The Plasma pistol has the specific role of NOT being used against players (unless we are talking noob combo).
>
> It wasn’t until Halo 3 that the Plasma Pistol got the ability to disable vehicles.
>
> In Halo CE the thing barely homed in at all, and while powerful it was still matched (exceeded) by the Magnum’s Power. Halo CE had a more powerful sandbox in general, which is what I think the game should try to return to.

Yes but what I am saying is that the Magnum is more of the go-to sidearm, as opposed to the plasma pistol. Its redesign as a vehicle neutralizer being better for the sandbox, everyone being quick to the change; not that people used the plasma pistol as a sidearm in the first place (noob combo aside). Moreover, its role is most likely going to remain the same in Halo 5 and in future installations, which has more to do with the topic at hand, how OP wants the pistol changed in the future Halo.

Nonetheless, I totally forgot about how that. noice

It doesn’t have to be useless as a sidearm to be balanced though. I don’t remember anyone complaining about the Reach Plasma Pistol’s single fire being OP.

OP, i think your problem lies more in the commendations system than in the weapon itself. If the game didn’t require you to get kills with it you probably would use the PP for what it is primarily intended for (anti-vehicle) and not even think about its single-fire capability.

That said, i wouldn’t be against it being buffed a bit, especially seeing how it is no longer a spawning weapon.

I’m keen to see some range of utility with the EMP. The fact that the same charge can disable Spartan shields and a Scorpion seems a bit… unbalanced. I’d like to see a charge time commensurate to the force of the EMP. 1 second charge might damage infantry shields but should barely slow a hog and not even damage a tank.

I have always thought of the Plasma Pistol as a utility weapon, not a damage weapon. It is used to take out shields and inflict an EMP on vehicles to make them easier to take down. To that end, the Plasma Pistol has worked well in every iteration of Halo, and buffing it will make it a lot less situational, and im not sure if the Plasma Pistol was ever meant to fill that role.

I would be perfectly happy with a Reach style plasma pistol returning, but I would not mind a CE style PP returning either. As long as the PP is a solid weapon first and ‘tool’ second, I will be happy.

I suppose you are right, I don’t remember reach’s PP ever being treated as OP or unbalanced. A point I want to address is that we really don’t need more EMP weapons because that would require them being being balanced in as they are obviously going to be comparatively weaker to other weapons (the Plasma pistol in reach may not have been useless against player but anybody would have taken the magnum any day over this thing). OP is complaining about how the fact that the plasma pistol is the weaker option in terms of damage makes it harder to complete commendations, in any case, the commendations system is at fault as opposed to the balancing of the plasma pistol.

Like, I know commendations are meant to be hard but getting X kills with the entire Covenant arsenal just makes me think the 343i employee in charge of that system was probably into whipping and bondage, hell that goes for any Weapons commendation, it pushes the player to grinding.