Make the forgehog faster

Title says everything.

One of Forge’s upgrades gives all units in its aura a speed boost, similar to how Jerome’s passive works. I think this could use a buff, seeing as how powerful they made Jerome’s inspire ability. My other issue is while the upgrade says increases allied units speed, it really only helps the Grizzlies.

Forge’s Hog is slower than the base Warthog, so while you would think his hero traveling with a pack of Gauss Hogs would speed them up, it actually slows them down because HE is slower. I get that his hog is very heavily armored, but they’re really not doing anyone any favors by making it slower than the regular hogs. It should be as fast (if not slightly faster) than base warthogs, so that his aura would actually increase their speed as well. This would make T2 Forge Warthogs a force to be reckoned with, allowing them to hit fast and retreat quickly, much like Kinsano’s Flamehogs can with two points in Redline. Would help him with in-and-out strikes and can up Forge’s usefulness.

I think the simple fix is to add a speed boost to his tech 2 upgrade, that way he can’t be on your doorstep immediately at the start of the game due to being too quick early on. The speed increase should make him slightly faster than base Warthogs.

I concur with this. Was playing some Forge last night and felt this almost immediately.

I think this would really help Forge out, I approve :+1:

I never play Forge but I can see that it makes a lot of sense. Right now I’m thinking Kinsano’s cyclop got a speed boost, The Arbiter got a speed boost, Honor Guard got an insane speed boost, and not Forge’s WARTHOG ?

hmmm …

I think this is a great idea as a forge main! Would love to see it in the next balance update.

Feel free to post more Ideas on the thread Forge for thought. This is a great idea and I hope it gets heard.

> 2533274861983747;6:
> Feel free to post more Ideas on the thread Forge for thought. This is a great idea and I hope it gets heard.

What’s your Forge strat? See he’s your most successful leader.

> 2535453924159710;5:
> I think this is a great idea as a forge main! Would love to see it in the next balance update.

Same question to you.

So they made the hog cost more… not exactly the hep it needed. Seems like Ske7ch implied they’re not done buffing heroes, so we can only hope they browse the forums!

FYI guys, the Forgehog and Warthogs are the exact same speed.

There’s lots of fun Forge strats you can do. 1 is a pelican drop with flamethrowers. I’ve messed with starting out with Forgehog quite a bit with the new update but there’s some good easy counters to that as Shipmaster or Arbiter because ghosts can kill him (Jackrabbits can beat ghosts with shields but only in large numbers). Enforcers from Arbiter can stun him with their Y ability and take him out as well. But other than that you can use him to control the map and take over all the power nods very quickly and pick off all enemy infantry since he’s much faster. His Y ability in the beginning isn’t that great either but it adds some splash damage at least. Vultures are a good way to go late game for taking out bases fast. Grizzlies are strong but they take up too much population for their worth. It can surprisingly be countered by an army of scorpions. I still like to build them anyways but when I’m in control of the game.

> 2533274958100139;9:
> FYI guys, the Forgehog and Warthogs are the exact same speed.

They are the same speed, you’re right. And also the nanobots are for “protection” only. It isn’t until the 2nd upgrade, Aurora, that claims the speed boost. However I have ran many different units across the map, with and without the Forgehog, after fully upgrading everything in the game and I didn’t notice any differences in the times. For some of these units it took close to 2 minutes to finish and the times were still the same, Ground or air. Obviously this needs to get fixed but I think the idea to make the Forgehog faster is plausible in order to boost all units. By making the Forgehog a little faster than the Warthog, after the 2nd upgrade, it could run along with other Warthogs while giving them a boost. Otherwise it really would defeat the purpose. Wouldn’t you agree?

> 2533274861983747;11:
> > 2533274958100139;9:
> > FYI guys, the Forgehog and Warthogs are the exact same speed.
>
> They are the same speed, you’re right. And also the nanobots are for “protection” only. It isn’t until the 2nd upgrade, Aurora, that claims the speed boost. However I have ran many different units across the map, with and without the Forgehog, after fully upgrading everything in the game and I didn’t notice any differences in the times. For some of these units it took close to 2 minutes to finish and the times were still the same, Ground or air. Obviously this needs to get fixed but I think the idea to make the Forgehog faster is plausible in order to boost all units. By making the Forgehog a little faster than the Warthog, after the 2nd upgrade, it could run along with other Warthogs while giving them a boost. Otherwise it really would defeat the purpose. Wouldn’t you agree?

Really? I could swear my warthogs moved faster without Forge rolling with them. I also think that the hogs by themselves were more maneuverable and could turn quickly to get out of battle while Forge seemed to have a very slow and long turn radius.

> 2533274807562680;1:
> Title says everything.
>
> One of Forge’s upgrades gives all units in its aura a speed boost, similar to how Jerome’s passive works. I think this could use a buff, seeing as how powerful they made Jerome’s inspire ability. My other issue is while the upgrade says increases allied units speed, it really only helps the Grizzlies.
>
> Forge’s Hog is slower than the base Warthog, so while you would think his hero traveling with a pack of Gauss Hogs would speed them up, it actually slows them down because HE is slower. I get that his hog is very heavily armored, but they’re really not doing anyone any favors by making it slower than the regular hogs. It should be as fast (if not slightly faster) than base warthogs, so that his aura would actually increase their speed as well. This would make T2 Forge Warthogs a force to be reckoned with, allowing them to hit fast and retreat quickly, much like Kinsano’s Flamehogs can with two points in Redline. Would help him with in-and-out strikes and can up Forge’s usefulness.
>
> I think the simple fix is to add a speed boost to his tech 2 upgrade, that way he can’t be on your doorstep immediately at the start of the game due to being too quick early on. The speed increase should make him slightly faster than base Warthogs.

I thought the speed boost only works for team mate allies. I tried with my own units but I couldn’t tell a differenc

I saw a post on another topic of someone saying they thoroughly tested the Forgehog speed boost to allies and came to the conclusion it is not working as intended. It did not appear to have any effect on his units from marines to a Condor.