Make the color names for armor normal again

I’m not sure if I’m just nitpicking here or if anyone else agrees, but imo some of Halo 5’s armor colors have such bizarre names that it makes them feel weird to use. There’s something a little off-putting about choosing something like “Pickle” or “Asparagus” as opposed to just the normal “Forest Green”. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who like the goofier names, but I guess I just prefer to have things sound practical.

I’m with you haha. “Asparagus” :joy: No kidding, it does feel weird picking colors named like that. I’m also hoping they fix the color palette for Spartans because some of the colors look plain weird in Halo 5. I hadn’t started playing multiplayer when this happened, but I believe the game had a patch released just to fix the colors and that’s funny to me (not good funny). Anyway, it looks like they’re going back to basics for graphics and music, so I’d imagine they’ll do the same for color names.

Needlessly complicating things seems like 343’s specialty. Hopefully they’re learning.

The only two colors I remember in H5 are white and black, which in that game are called ‘Salt’ and ‘Pepper’. I don’t know why they couldn’t just call them black and white if they’re just going to use the names of the two spices that are universally known to be black and white…

How about instead of premade colours with names we get a full colour wheel

> 2533275031939856;5:
> How about instead of premade colours with names we get a full colour wheel

That’s the dream

> 2533275031939856;5:
> How about instead of premade colours with names we get a full colour wheel

I mean hey, Microsoft added that to the new (otherwise terrible) Xbox avatars, so perhaps we could hope…?

i just want solmon as a coulor. back in the CE days my friends changed my avatars colour to solmon to annoy me while i was in the bathroom and since then it’s kind of a tradition for me to choose solmon XD

> 2533274793122050;8:
> i just want solmon as a coulor. back in the CE days my friends changed my avatars colour to solmon to annoy me while i was in the bathroom and since then it’s kind of a tradition for me to choose solmon XD

You mean salmon, as in pink, right? You want them to bring back the color name?

> 2535449076192416;9:
> > 2533274793122050;8:
> > i just want solmon as a coulor. back in the CE days my friends changed my avatars colour to solmon to annoy me while i was in the bathroom and since then it’s kind of a tradition for me to choose solmon XD
>
> You mean salmon, as in pink, right? You want them to bring back the color name?

yeah, sry… should have checked the spelling first (english isn’t my first language).

i want the name back.^^ but obviously that isn’t an important thing, thats just a tiny thing i would like to see. if it’s not there, i don’t mind if it is named differently or if it isn’t there at all, it’s not a dealbreaker.
(actually i don’t know if it’s in h5, but i remember it not being in every halo…)

> 2535418288909351;1:
> I’m not sure if I’m just nitpicking here or if anyone else agrees, but imo some of Halo 5’s armor colors have such bizarre names that it makes them feel weird to use. There’s something a little off-putting about choosing something like “Pickle” or “Asparagus” as opposed to just the normal “Forest Green”. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who like the goofier names, but I guess I just prefer to have things sound practical.

i hope for this, there are a Biggest hype about this and the armor coustomization

> 2535418288909351;7:
> > 2533275031939856;5:
> > How about instead of premade colours with names we get a full colour wheel
>
> I mean hey, Microsoft added that to the new (otherwise terrible) Xbox avatars, so perhaps we could hope…?

It’s been in many other games too

> 2535406417205447;11:
> > 2535418288909351;1:
> > I’m not sure if I’m just nitpicking here or if anyone else agrees, but imo some of Halo 5’s armor colors have such bizarre names that it makes them feel weird to use. There’s something a little off-putting about choosing something like “Pickle” or “Asparagus” as opposed to just the normal “Forest Green”. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who like the goofier names, but I guess I just prefer to have things sound practical.
>
> i hope for this, there are a Biggest hype about this and the armor coustomization

Ikr, especially since they said that people who liked Reach’s customization will be pleased. I’ve missed that level of customization.