Make the assault rifle further range plz...

i will get 2 da point… what is the point in having an assault rifle as a pickable loadout if the other weapons will kick its -Yoink- cus i thought they wanted to make it fair again.

Agree?

Let’s just wait until we see it in action. :slight_smile:

You’re assuming it’s going to function like it did in Reach and Halo 3. If that were the case, then yes, it would be a little weird and a downright bad idea. However, it seems, based on 343’s statements up to this point, that the AR is going to be different from the one we know and love.

hope so…

Because it takes more skill to use the DMR/BR/Magnum, we don’t want to encourage mindless spraying of AR by making it more powerful.

I actually preferred Halo 3’s AR. When you burst fired, it was surprisingly accurate. We’ll see how this one works.

The AR needs a buff, but not in range. That would make it’s range overlap the intended range of the BR or even the low end of the DMR.

I think that it should be made a more powerful up close weapon much like it was in CE. I would like to have another viable close range weapon that can really tear through shields. It would help to even out the sandbox balance as well.

They need to make it a little more powerful so it is actually useful in its respective range

An AR should beat every precision rifle up close, if you assume that both players are of similar “skill”. A precision rifle should beat every AR on longer ranges because it is not a precision weapon. I’d say buff that badboy, I want to be able to use it again like in CE.

> An AR should beat every precision rifle up close, if you assume that both players are of similar “skill”. A precision rifle should beat every AR on longer ranges because it is not a precision weapon. I’d say buff that badboy, I want to be able to use it again like in CE.

Pretty much this. The Assault Rifle is a close range weapon, so let it be excellent in that role.

Learn to use the DMR or BR like every skilled player does.

> i will get 2 da point… what is the point in having an assault rifle as a pickable loadout if the other weapons will kick its -Yoink!- cus i thought they wanted to make it fair again.
>
> Agree?

it should be short to mid.

What if the Assult Rifle was head-shot capable with x amount of hits to the head equaling a head shot.(not first bullet like other head shot weps)

> What if the Assult Rifle was head-shot capable with x amount of hits to the head equaling a head shot.(not first bullet like other head shot weps)

Yeah, the headshot bonus needs to return. It would encourage being accurate.

It would be cool if 343i puts more stank on the AR! Maybe then it’ll be a worth while weapon. I HATED AR starts on Halo 3 and Reach. But even if it does suck again, it doesn’t matter to me thanks to custom classes. NO AR STARTS EVER AGAIN YAY!!!

By all means, beef it up, but don’t make it a world-beater by adding range. It requires less skill than precision weapons, so it shouldn’t have the same values/range as them either.

Well considering the AR will be hitscan that makes it inherently more effective at longer ranges than the H3 AR and from the sound of things the AR does more damage than the Reach AR.

So far the signs point to the AR being better than it has been in a while. Hopefully 343 also ditches the crazy magnetism of the Reach AR so certain demographics won’t complain. Heck even a Hitscan version of the H3 AR would be good because fewer of my shots would be lost due to bullet travel and latency while still having superior damage to the Reach AR.

Unshielded opponents ought to get torn to pieces by the AR and even shielded opponents should fall under its close range firepower.

Range was never the issue, damage and clip size were. You could kill from a distance with an AR, the bullets did travel far, however controlling them was close to impossible and even if you did hit, damage low.
To make the AR an Assault Rifle, it needs high rate of fire and damage but low accuracy, a weapon you use for close range encounters that can kill fast and effective, move down enemies, without reloading or even getting HS, at close. It needs good damage and good clip size, but to balance it, accuracy shouldn’t be that impressive.

no need to. the AR is a close range weapon not a mid range

Buff the water gun (AR damage and clip size but balanced out more recoil/spread) and weapons that have lower usage than utility/power weapon. However, do not nerf BR/DMR at all.

Otherwise, we’ll get a Halo 2-Reach sandbox all over again. This will be bad for Halo 4 as it’s going to have the biggest sandbox series and having 30 useless weapons and only two good ones that beat them all is incredibly unbalanced.

I know you can argue that it worked in CE but that game had a small sandbox so the pistol utlity was actually good to have around. Come Halo 4, we have DMRs, BRs, Railguns, Lasers, new Plasma Rifle successor, Magnums and a whole list of stuff 343 is adding to sandbox. The one gun game no longer exist in a place with so many options and each gun needs to be useful; not abandoned and laughed at for being useless.