Make the Arbiter sing

Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.

Hahahaha nice. Perhaps not in the game itself but I’d love to see it as an extra of some kind. They did a little musical number while making The Last of Us and it was fantastic :smiley:

Can’t stop thinking about this idea now!
So, what would he sing?? The obvious one is Beyonce’s ‘Halo’ but personally I’d go for something a little more personal.
The absolute classic by The Hollies ‘He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother’ would be my pick :smiley:

Huh, you really meant sing. I never thought I would’ve read that.

> 2535436221322397;1:
> Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.

Interesting. :thinking::joy:

Immediately thought of a musical number with grunts dancing around dralatigally singing Arbiter with canes & tophats but simultaneously thought that that can’t really be what the topic is about.

But how would they implement that in the game itself? A secret room? A secret unofficial legendary ending like in Halo Combat Evolved?

I mean, it could be implemented in the game in several ways, I doubt that they could top the musical number from Arkham Knight though, and this is not a challenge for 343i.

And a bit of a spoiler explaining the bit about Arkham Knight, though if you played it you know exactly what im writing about.

Obviously the Joker singing bit with the bombs, the Johnny charisma boss-fight of sorts.

> 2533274890014309;6:
> Immediately thought of a musical number with grunts dancing around dralatigally singing Arbiter with canes & tophats but simultaneously thought that that can’t really be what the topic is about.
>
> But how would they implement that in the game itself? A secret room? A secret unofficial legendary ending like in Halo Combat Evolved?
>
> I mean, it could be implemented in the game in several ways, I doubt that they could top the musical number from Arkham Knight though, and this is not a challenge for 343i.
>
> And a bit of a spoiler explaining the bit about Arkham Knight, though if you played it you know exactly what im writing about.
> Obviously the Joker singing bit with the bombs, the Johnny charisma boss-fight of sorts.

Hey neato, a fellow Arkham fan. In H2, the GBD skull was surrounded by dancing Grunts. If they bring back skull hunting (missing since ODST) and skull themes (H2 skulls had special NPCs spawn), that’s one way to add it. The challenge would be getting Arby to visit the spot/room… Secret Legendary ending would be a perfect homage to HCE, but it’s honestly more fun to interact with these kind of easter eggs in-game.

Well of course it’d be hard to top: Mark Hamill is a master.

> 2535436221322397;1:
> Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.

What exactly would there be to sing about?

> 2546678360738636;8:
> > 2535436221322397;1:
> > Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.
>
> What exactly would there be to sing about?

At first I thought this was a ridiculous idea. But now I have this image of a group of Sangheili sitting around a camp fire the night before a major confrontation. You could have the Chief and some humans in the background. One starts humming softly as the others listen in. Eventually each starts humming along or adding different rhythms and beats to the music. Then the Arbiter starts singing an old battle hymn or something like that before the humans start chiming in with their own songs and twists on the music.

A bit of a strange idea, but I think it would demonstrate a bond between the humans and Sangheili strengthened through their shared combat against the Created.

> 2535436221322397;1:

Quality right there! Would be actually amazing if they gave the Arbiter a little sene were he was singing a little tune on his own!! Like a Easter egg or something! XD

We got it when there was a Grunt sitting on a ledge in H5 singing a tune for a skull have that for example with Arbiter but obviously a little better and not so Noobish!

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2546678360738636;8:
> > > 2535436221322397;1:
> > > Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.
> >
> > What exactly would there be to sing about?
>
> At first I thought this was a ridiculous idea. But now I have this image of a group of Sangheili sitting around a camp fire the night before a major confrontation. You could have the Chief and some humans in the background. One starts humming softly as the others listen in. Eventually each starts humming along or adding different rhythms and beats to the music. Then the Arbiter starts singing an old battle hymn or something like that before the humans start chiming in with their own songs and twists on the music.
>
> A bit of a strange idea, but I think it would demonstrate a bond between the humans and Sangheili strengthened through their shared combat against the Created.

Singing sangheili just seems a bit out of the bushes to be anything official beyond easter egg type thing, even if their species name includes the word “sang”, and their planet too.

Honestly, it would be pretty neat to hear the Arbiter sing a traditional Sangheili folk song and include it in the OST.

That would be interesting but I doght that would happen.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2546678360738636;8:
> > > 2535436221322397;1:
> > > Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.
> >
> > What exactly would there be to sing about?
>
> At first I thought this was a ridiculous idea. But now I have this image of a group of Sangheili sitting around a camp fire the night before a major confrontation. You could have the Chief and some humans in the background. One starts humming softly as the others listen in. Eventually each starts humming along or adding different rhythms and beats to the music. Then the Arbiter starts singing an old battle hymn or something like that before the humans start chiming in with their own songs and twists on the music.
>
> A bit of a strange idea, but I think it would demonstrate a bond between the humans and Sangheili strengthened through their shared combat against the Created.

I could see something like that. The calm before the storm. The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea. I think it’d be the first of it’s kind in a Halo game.

Please no, Halo 5’s Italian dubber for the Arbiter is so awful, would be the worst thing ever man XD

I just want Halo Infinite’s campaign to be a big musical.

> 2535469197642915;7:
> > 2533274890014309;6:
> > Well of course it’d be hard to top: Mark Hamill is a master.

Hamill played a role in #HuntTheTruth. I smell a duet.

> 2793304054615593;2:
> Hahahaha nice. Perhaps not in the game itself but I’d love to see it as an extra of some kind. They did a little musical number while making The Last of Us and it was fantastic :smiley:

Hey maybe we can get him to sing with the help of a skull in the next Halo game.

> 2546678360738636;14:
> > 2535435902217648;9:
> > > 2546678360738636;8:
> > > > 2535436221322397;1:
> > > > Since the voice actor for the Arbiter (Keith David) played as Doctor Facilier in Disney’s Princess and the Frog, he should sing in Halo Infinite, because he clearly proved himself in that movie.
> > >
> > > What exactly would there be to sing about?
> >
> > At first I thought this was a ridiculous idea. But now I have this image of a group of Sangheili sitting around a camp fire the night before a major confrontation. You could have the Chief and some humans in the background. One starts humming softly as the others listen in. Eventually each starts humming along or adding different rhythms and beats to the music. Then the Arbiter starts singing an old battle hymn or something like that before the humans start chiming in with their own songs and twists on the music.
> >
> > A bit of a strange idea, but I think it would demonstrate a bond between the humans and Sangheili strengthened through their shared combat against the Created.
>
> I could see something like that. The calm before the storm. The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea. I think it’d be the first of it’s kind in a Halo game.

I’m glad you like it! It would certainly be new to Halo, but I think it could work well, especially if the cut scene this happens in transitions to a similar soundtrack in the next level that slowly builds up to an epic song before “the big battle”, similar to the music of H3.

I also would be interested so see Chief’s reaction to this. Likely stoic and observant.

This all started out as a joke really but the more I think about it the more I think this could be a beautiful scene in a game.
What if it was after a tragedy? They could be sat around, crestfallen and mourning a great loss of brothers.
One Elite could start a somber song lamenting the loss. Eventually they all join in, a tribute to the memory of the fallen.