Make SquaD DLC DMR Starts Only

Not to enrage the vanilla Reach AR Starts folk, but, seriously, having AR starts on the DLC map (which I think pllay wonderfully in the 6v6 format) is beyond frustrating. I played quite a few AR start games yesterday that didn’t even break 50 kills. These maps are large and require DMRs off-spawn to encourage games to reach 75 kills. The only maps you could justify having AR starts on is Anchor 9 or maybe High Noon. Beside that point, why are people votIng AR starts at all?

I loved playing this playlist last night, AND I love Default Reach.

But yeah, I had the same problem with it, it needs DMR starts.

The maps intended for Big Team need DMR starts. Highlands, Breakpoint, Timberlands, all would be nice with DMR starts. Tempest, Condemned, Beaver Creek, Penance, Breakneck, Anchor 9, are all manageable with AR starts.

> Not to enrage the vanilla Reach AR Starts folk, but, seriously, having AR starts on the DLC map (which I think pllay wonderfully in the 6v6 format) is beyond frustrating. I played quite a few AR start games yesterday that didn’t even break 50 kills. These maps are large and require DMRs off-spawn to encourage games to reach 75 kills. The only maps you could justify having AR starts on is Anchor 9 or maybe High Noon. Beside that point, why are people votIng AR starts at all?

but then you must remeber there is vehicals and power weapons and aa’s. this all makes the game run at an even pace and not to fast

> > Not to enrage the vanilla Reach AR Starts folk, but, seriously, having AR starts on the DLC map (which I think pllay wonderfully in the 6v6 format) is beyond frustrating. I played quite a few AR start games yesterday that didn’t even break 50 kills. These maps are large and require DMRs off-spawn to encourage games to reach 75 kills. The only maps you could justify having AR starts on is Anchor 9 or maybe High Noon. Beside that point, why are people votIng AR starts at all?
>
> but then you must remeber there is vehicals and power weapons and aa’s. this all makes the game run at an even pace and not to fast

What are you trying to say?

Why would you spawn players with close range weapons on a big, open map with limited DMRs?

timberland with AR starts is horrid, tempest isn’t much fun, but it is slightly smaller so its a bit more manageable, but i hate non-ar starts unless we have the buffed magnum

> > Not to enrage the vanilla Reach AR Starts folk, but, seriously, having AR starts on the DLC map (which I think pllay wonderfully in the 6v6 format) is beyond frustrating. I played quite a few AR start games yesterday that didn’t even break 50 kills. These maps are large and require DMRs off-spawn to encourage games to reach 75 kills. The only maps you could justify having AR starts on is Anchor 9 or maybe High Noon. Beside that point, why are people votIng AR starts at all?
>
> but then you must remeber there is vehicals and power weapons and aa’s. this all makes the game run at an even pace and not to fast

Or at a slow, boring pace where I spend 7.5 minutes running around searching for the other team with my super-bloom Magnum struggling to get 50 kills. Have you played the Squad DLC playlist? You can’t honestly tell me running around Breakpoint with your AR after all the vehicles are blown up is fun.

> The maps intended for Big Team need DMR starts. Highlands, Breakpoint, Timberlands, all would be nice with DMR starts. Tempest, Condemned, Beaver Creek, Penance, Breakneck, Anchor 9, are all manageable with AR starts.

I would compromise and say that the large maps definitely need DMR starts only (out of your list I would add Breakneck to the large map list with Ridgeline/Timberlands and Breakpoint). Tempest and High Noon are sort-of in-between 4v4 maps and BTB maps and I prefer DMR starts there.

I could tolerate AR starts remaining for Beaver Creek, Condemned or Penance as those maps have enough terrain/rooms to have reasonable Magnum fights if you can’t find a DMR. I still prefer DMR starts in all scenarios.

[deleted]

> The maps intended for Big Team need DMR starts. Highlands, Breakpoint, Timberlands, all would be nice with DMR starts. Tempest, Condemned, Beaver Creek, Penance, Breakneck, Anchor 9, are all manageable with AR starts.

Beaver Creek is not in the playlist, nor is its updated version, Battle Canyon. Technically, neither is Anchor 9; for some reason, only its variant, Unanchored, is on the Squad DLC playlist.

Why is AR starts on Breakpoint even an option?

> timberland with AR starts is horrid, tempest isn’t much fun, but it is slightly smaller so its a bit more manageable, but i hate non-ar starts unless we have the buffed magnum

Timberland is not in the playlist either; it’s Ridgeline.

In any case, AR starts are not a good idea for big maps.

> Why is AR starts on Breakpoint even an option?

Unfortunately, what I think is happening is that 343i is making quick patches for Reach to quiet any unrest, without fully thinking them through and properly playtesting them.

This is why the playlist will fail because of default settings on the maps, it should be DMR starts or TU settings with DMR starts. No one wants to play team slayer on the new maps. I mean seriously AR starts on breakpoint? Seriously…

343i failed once again with this and once the playlist is gone because they didn’t get the “numbers” they wanted they will see more complaints about a DLC playlist when the only reason the first one failed is because they implemented the wrong settings.

> This is why the playlist will fail because of default settings on the maps, it should be DMR starts or TU settings with DMR starts. No one wants to play team slayer on the new maps. I mean seriously AR starts on breakpoint? Seriously…
>
> 343i failed once again with this and once the playlist is gone because they didn’t get the “numbers” they wanted they will see more complaints about a DLC playlist when the only reason the first one failed is because they implemented the wrong settings.

After trying out a couple BTB games with TU settings, I don’t think I ever want to play Vanilla Reach on big maps again. It just feels better–bad players are punished for not taking cover on big maps. Kill times are faster. Why is that bad?

> > This is why the playlist will fail because of default settings on the maps, it should be DMR starts or TU settings with DMR starts. No one wants to play team slayer on the new maps. I mean seriously AR starts on breakpoint? Seriously…
> >
> > 343i failed once again with this and once the playlist is gone because they didn’t get the “numbers” they wanted they will see more complaints about a DLC playlist when the only reason the first one failed is because they implemented the wrong settings.
>
> After trying out a couple BTB games with TU settings, I don’t think I ever want to play Vanilla Reach on big maps again. It just feels better–bad players are punished for not taking cover on big maps. Kill times are faster. Why is that bad?

I don’t think everyone believes that fast kill times are the hallmark of a great FPS.

They don’t hurt, but I wouldn’t call it a key component, the current kill times are fine.

Nobody starts up the giant DLC map playlist to have AR starts… huge mistake…

Memorizing weapon spawns as well as resource management are a big part of Halo. DMR starts completely undermines that. Find the DMR spawn. Simple as that.

Although I’ll admit it’s a necessity on larger maps such as Breakpoint.

Please give Breakneck AR starts. It is beyond frustrating when you step out of cover and are IMMEDIATELY gunned down. Also, the DMR makes Vehicles a Death Trap.

I agree with this. Most of the DLC maps (Noble and Defiant) are large enough to make AR starts lousy, with the exceptions being Anchor 9 and Condemned. Plus seeing as this is more or less a mini-BTB sized playlist, and BTB has all DMR starts, it would make sense to do so for this playlist.

Seeing as how some may not want to have DMR starts due to vehicles getting wrecked by them, why not have NR starts instead? Could be a good compromise.