Make Spartans look like in Halo Reach

Hey guys I really hope 343 makes the H5 Spartans look like the ones from Halo reach, because they looked way better than H4’s…

I mean Reach’s Spartans looked liked walking tanks, there were scratches in their armor and the overall design was way darker so you could see pretty good what they are: Super soldiers

In comparison to that the Halo 4 Spartans looked like plastic action figures :\ I like the armor variations they brought in (Venator, Deadeye and so on) but their design and colors didn’t go together very well… The armor looked way to clean for heavy soldiers and the colors were to bright (red in BTB looked like pink, blue was like baby blue)

Okay I’m a great fan of reach (I know not many people like reach) and Halo 3 wasn’t really my favorite halo game but even in Halo 3 the armor looked way better than in halo 4
Each Halo game brought new armor and I really liked how it all evolved but when I saw Halo 4 I saw a big step backwards, so please 343 scratch Halo 4’s design, take reach’s design, put some new armor in, make the colors dark and we’re all fine

Sincerely Starkillerr

Ps: I’m sorry for my bad English I’m from Germany

A good solid mix of the two designs. Reach for the overall Armor look, and 4’s more flexible placement of armor and under-armor suit.

> Hey guys I really hope 343 makes the H5 Spartans look like the ones from Halo reach, because they looked way better than H4’s…
>
> I mean <mark>Reach’s Spartans looked liked walking tanks</mark>, there were scratches in their armor and the overall design was way darker so you could see pretty good what they are: Super soldiers
>
> In comparison to that the Halo 4 Spartans looked like plastic action figures :\ I like the armor variations they brought in (Venator, Deadeye and so on) but their design and colors didn’t go together very well… The armor looked way to clean for heavy soldiers and the colors were to bright (red in BTB looked like pink, blue was like baby blue)
>
> Okay I’m a great fan of reach (I know not many people like reach) and Halo 3 wasn’t really my favorite halo game but even in Halo 3 the armor looked way better than in halo 4
> Each Halo game brought new armor and I really liked how it all evolved but when I saw Halo 4 I saw a big step backwards, so please 343 scratch Halo 4’s design, take reach’s design, put some new armor in, make the colors dark and we’re all fine
>
> Sincerely Starkillerr
>
> Ps: I’m sorry for my bad English I’m from Germany

i know some people didn’t like the walking tank look but that was the good thing about reach’s armour, you could switch to female and make yourself a more quick and agile looking spartan.
im all for reach’s armour settings making a return lets hope we get it or something simular.

I loved the walking tank look from reach! S-IV armor looks horrible.

Reach armor = Clunky pinheads

I didn’t like the armor. It felt like I was a overly muscled guy who couldn’t close his armpits, in other words, it felt dysfunctional.

@Froz Oo: But that is what Spartans are supposed to be: Faster, Heavier and smarter than Humans…

And in point of functionality: How could a DVD player helmet be something for combat use(I think it was called scanner)? Or a unicorn helmet? That is something dysfunctional…

I prefered the aesthetic of Reach’s armour. The general grittiness of it and the fact that the armour actually covered you.

However, the actual armour was sub-par. At higher levels it all began to blend into one blocky mess. Every Spartan ended up looking ridiculously bulky and generic.

Halo 5 needs to return to black undersuits and armour that actually covers the body. The actual armour should be mix between Halo 4 and Reach armour.

Halo: Reach had my least favorite armor selection of all of them. Although most of Halo 4’s armors were pretty horrendous, there were at least a few that were bearable. There are no armor pieces in Halo: Reach that I like. Halo 3 was the best, IMO.

> @Froz Oo: But that is what Spartans are supposed to be: Faster, Heavier and smarter than Humans…
>
> And in point of functionality: How could a DVD player helmet be something for combat use(I think it was called scanner)? Or a unicorn helmet? That is something dysfunctional…

Those armors were just for matchmaking, and honestly they were horrible.

Reach was my favourite design as well. It just looked more like what i’d expect to see in a Halo game. Halo 4 looked like plastic (as others have said), and just seemed too disproportionate to what Halo designs would offer. One thing i dislike about Halo 4, is that when changing the legs, and arms, the change was too drastic, as opposed to Reach, where the most you would change was the knee guards, and wrist. I liked that better, for some reason. Oh, and yes, please tone down the colour [+1 to you, OP].

Take a look at the Halo 5 Beta trailer, while it isn’t a representation of the finished product or even the Beta itself it’s still a pretty good reference to see where they’re going design wise.

> Take a look at the Halo 5 Beta trailer, while it isn’t a representation of the finished product or even the Beta itself it’s still a pretty good reference to see where they’re going design wise.

Which hardly looks any different from Halo 4…So i guess nothing is changing any time soon.

> > Take a look at the Halo 5 Beta trailer, while it isn’t a representation of the finished product or even the Beta itself it’s still a pretty good reference to see where they’re going design wise.
>
> Which hardly looks any different from Halo 4…So i guess nothing is changing any time soon.

I find them to look drastically different. Just look at the armour pieces themselves. They look smooth and functional instead of cluttered with needless details. If anything, looking at those Spartans makes me think of Reach’s armour design more than anything, as they’re sleek and functional.

I dunno they remind of me h4’s look still, though the undersuit looks more like the classic style.

The Spartans in Reach looked short and fat, and the armor was way too big. I think the main issue with the big armor is that it is added on top of things instead of replacing what you are putting on. (The thing that stands out to me is chest pieces) That along with the armor attachments made Reaches armor bad. Halo 4 was bad for a completely different reason. While 343i fixed the short and fat issue from Reach and made different armor actually different instead of just an addition, it had a terrible art style. Honestly if they followed H3’s approach to armor and expanded it a little bit it would be preferable. The size of the spartan looked right and the armor actually looked good, therefore best of both worlds.

I don’t know that I’d say Reach Spartans looked like “walking tanks,” but the character designs were certainly more faithful to what I’d expect from a Halo game. They were a logical graphical progression from Halo 3, which was a logical progression from Halo 2.

I like Halo 4`s art style. However, this is 343i’s game, and it’s probable that they stick with Halo 4’s art style. I didn’t really like how the armor looked in Reach or 3-it felt really cartony for the latter and too gritty for the former. It doesn’t fit the Reclaimer Trilogy’s art style.

Yeah im really hoping they base the armor off reach too, I thought that was the best armor in any of the halo games to date.

I prefer H4’s concept of armor over Reach’s.

I think Reach’s armor was more like a provisinal build-up with meager pieces rather than an actual high tech combat suit like H4’s and what MJOLNIR armor represents.

Anyway, the execution of the majority of H4’s armor sets was too, well, “outré” though, in my opinion.
The majority of sets focused more on looking fancy (and too alien as well) rather than looking functional/practical or properly representing their purpose they were given in their descriptions.
Additionally, the plating doesn’t really look like metal but more like plastic and the colors are too bright and shiny for my taste as well.

The quality of Chief’s and Locke’s armors show that great designs/executions are possible.
That quality is what I would like to see for every armor set.

I liked Reach’s rough look, but it did look kinda clunky, especially on males. I definitely wasn’t a fan of the futuristic alien power ranger look of 4, though.