Make some noise! lets get Mark V back

Just read the bulletin and saw that there is going to be no mark V well… cause there is no more memory. I am actually reaching out to other Mark V helmet fans. I feel it would be a real downer if this helmet does not make the cut. like common there are sooooo manyyy dumb looking helmets that no one is ever going to put on. Mark v is my fav helmet by far and i was really looking forward to rocking it. what is caboose going to wear in Red vs Blue when they finally decide to make some episodes in the halo 4 engine. i do not really complain about much but i feel this really needs to be change. so if the community can make enough noise about this hopefully it could reach 343’s ears.

No amount of “noise” can create extra disk space.

> No amount of “noise” can create extra disk space.

One tiny model does not effect the disc space.

As for the original topic, I’m suprises they even brought back classic Mark VI. That made me happy, and I don’t really care too much for Mark V.

I would like to see it back. I wear it a lot. It’s a classic.

it’s a waste of breath. There not going to suddenly toss in the helmet cuz of a few people aren’t happy. We are going to buy their game anyways. You want us to strike for helmet or something. No amount of noise is going to change this…

> > No amount of “noise” can create extra disk space.
>
> One tiny model does not effect the disc space.
>
> As for the original topic, I’m suprises they even brought back classic Mark VI. That made me happy, and I don’t really care too much for Mark V.

Disk space, Hard Drive space, Ram…whatever. The point is there is no room for it. Giving out won’t magically change that.

> No amount of “noise” can create extra disk space.

a helmet model would take up like 300 kb of space…

I’m just gonna go ahead and say it…Mark V looked like crap.

They said that it wasn’t in there due to memory issues. Or something along those lines.

And besides, the game has probably already been shipped from the game’s studio, or close to it. Not too many changes will be made now.

I know, why don’t we just get rid of the helmet we hate the most and have Mk.V to replace it?

I was about to say there’s some stinkers on the Halo 4 list that could easily be swapped out for the fan favorites if it really comes down to disk space.

I would really rethink this one 343. It’s like taking the red stripes out the flag and going please say the pledge anyways. MP without a crowd of Marks. WTF say it ain’t so.

OP: They are virtually, literally and by technical limitations, unable to add any more armour types into the game. They’ve spent the entire memory budget in Halo 4, they cannnot fit Mark V or any other “favourite” helmet because they’ve maxed out everything. Unless of course you want the game to crash every game because you wanted an in-game item that overflowed the memory?

>
> a helmet model would take up like 300 kb of space…

One little helmet model that would take up space on every map and menu on a game that is already done and being printed.

It’s not happening.

>
>
> As for the original topic, I’m suprises they even brought back classic Mark VI. That made me happy, and I don’t really care too much for Mark V.

One tiny model!?
Do you really think that each armor part is just it’s own model?
In Halo, most likely, that one tiny helmet, has at lest 10+ models, Each model is a armor combo of other armor parts, each model has cube maps, bump maps, Light maps, and Textures for it, it’s not tiny.

Also, NO MATER HOW MUCH NOISE YOU MAKE IT IS FAR TOO LATE TO ADD NEW ARMOR, PERIOD, END OF STORY AND THREAD!

Mark 6 hasn’t been in my favorite until 343 updated it in Halo 4 now it looks awesome

as for Mark 5 I really love that armor set from Halo Wars … I want it so bad

Community: Hey 343! There are two months left until launch. If me and like 10 other guys make forums about how much we hate something and request something new, could you create it, code it, and run it through all the other stuff that was required to make the things you really put effort into and love?

343: Sure! Why not? Its only the game we made and love and since we have worked on this for like five years I’m sure we can change everything with two months to go.

This isn’t aimed just at this thread, but just what seems to be the mind set of this community in general.

> I’m just gonna go ahead and say it…Mark V looked like crap.

HERESY!

>
>

Considering that there’s so much stuff in the game that some of it needs to be downloaded rather than be on the disc (Spartan Ops), it’s pretty safe to say that they used up as much disc space as possible. I’m sure that they would have put in Mark V if they had space for it, but unfortunately some sacrifices need to be made when making a game.

> OP: They are virtually, literally and by technical limitations, unable to add any more armour types into the game. They’ve spent the entire memory budget in Halo 4, they cannnot fit Mark V or any other “favourite” helmet because they’ve maxed out everything. Unless of course you want the game to crash every game because you wanted an in-game item that overflowed the memory?

They could still replace one of the existing helmets, or even a helmet skin. Maybe if they have run out of the 8Gb limit on disk then they could add it in an update, as long as they mean memory and not processing power.

What the hell is caboose going to wear? His Mark 5 has been a red vs blue icon.

Maybe we’ll see it as a RvB easter egg in SO, maybe even unlock it through the achievement.

Edit: Maybe it’s a secret helmet like recon was, they just don’t want to spoil it. It seems too big of a helmet to be left out. First MC helmet, Cabooses helmet, many of my friends favourite etc.

> > > No amount of “noise” can create extra disk space.
> >
> > One tiny model does not effect the disc space.
> >
> > As for the original topic, I’m suprises they even brought back classic Mark VI. That made me happy, and I don’t really care too much for Mark V.
>
> Considering that there’s so much stuff in the game that some of it needs to be downloaded rather than be on the disc (Spartan Ops), it’s pretty safe to say that they used up as much disc space as possible. I’m sure that they would have put in Mark V if they had space for it, but unfortunately some sacrifices need to be made when making a game.

It is memory issues, not disk space issues…They’ve maxed out every bit of Physical and video RAM, it’s impossible for them to squeeze in more helmets/armours.