Make social really social

Is it me or is the social playlist so much ranked based. If you have like a high kda you get crappy ppl to make it up. I seriously lose 8 outa 10 games. Getting 50 kills solo in big team and still lose the game. Play against whole teams and i get randoms with like negative kda that can’t hold a controller. Its so stupid that its based on rank!!! Make is random players. I rather lose a game becouse they just got better ppl randomly that knowing that i get crappy team mates every single game. So some frustration is out XD your opinion?

<mark>Do not post about forum moderation.</mark>

> 2533274809655504;1:
> Is it me or is the social playlist so much ranked based. If you have like a high kda you get crappy ppl to make it up. I seriously lose 8 outa 10 games. Getting 50 kills solo in big team and still lose the game. Play against whole teams and i get randoms with like negative kda that can’t hold a controller. Its so stupid that its based on rank!!! Make is random players. I rather lose a game becouse they just got better ppl randomly that knowing that i get crappy team mates every single game. So some frustration is out XD your opinion?

Welcome to TS2. MM is mess due to all these unwanted changes that no one asked for, but apparently people did?..Hmmm. TS2 changes, mmr changes, wz changes, take your pick at all the unnecessary changes being done.

But whenever someone voices their opinion on the matter it usually results in temporary ban or forum lock. You aren’t aloud to go against the grain here or else…

Good post. As long as the game is relatively even I don’t really care but often times I notice that the losing team in BTB slayer is fairly evenly match except when you look at the worst player or 2 on each team. Sometimes it’s so bad that they contribute a -30 spread to the team and it’s like, one of them should have been on the other team to balance the first one out.

What you are saying actually doesn’t make sense… If you are really good and have a bad team that is what soical can give you. In soical it’s a wider window for players to make games. If you want more equal team mates you have to play ranked. In soical, unless you are on a team of some sort, you can have just about any one as a team mate. It seems some think soical is should mean “easy wins” but that isn’t the case ever. If you want more equal level team mates you should be saying make soical more like ranked.

I looked at your last couple pages of games and you’re more like 5 wins and 6 losses on the games you didn’t quit and quitting isn’t really helping your team either even if they weren’t going to win.

For your question, social has always been like that. It matches based on MMR like ranked does except it’s more loose in social and it mainly only puts a couple decent people on a team while the rest are average skilled or lower for solo teams. That was changed for a bit in H5 when the social matching was actually tightened so higher skilled players only matched each other, but it had to be loosened again due to population issues. BTB in particular was loosened even more in the last few months due to that.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> What you are saying actually doesn’t make sense… If you are really good and have a bad team that is what soical can give you. In soical it’s a wider window for players to make games. If you want more equal team mates you have to play ranked. In soical, unless you are on a team of some sort, you can have just about any one as a team mate. It seems some think soical is should mean “easy wins” but that isn’t the case ever. If you want more equal level team mates you should be saying make soical more like ranked.

What i mean its still a search based on rank. If i get 6 really baf players in my team and the other team has 6 decent players i will lose that game, even if i play at my best. And since i play for the most time solo its kinda hard to win from a team of 3-4. I would love to see a mm with complete randoms not skill based so that even i can get a decent player in my team instead of ppl that get -25 or higher in my team. And the reason i don’t play ranked is simple. Can’t find a single game. Unless i wait for 30 mins but hey i want to play not sit and wait.

> 2533274809655504;1:
> Is it me or is the social playlist so much ranked based. If you have like a high kda you get crappy ppl to make it up. I seriously lose 8 outa 10 games. Getting 50 kills solo in big team and still lose the game. Play against whole teams and i get randoms with like negative kda that can’t hold a controller. Its so stupid that its based on rank!!! Make is random players. I rather lose a game becouse they just got better ppl randomly that knowing that i get crappy team mates every single game. So some frustration is out XD your opinion?

Yes i think the same idea!

The weird thing is social feels a lot more balanced than ranked, had a time in ranked where I had bronze on my team and the other team but when I go through social and look at player ranks they’re more balanced, guess it shows how uncomfy ranked modes are to people…Or maybe the lack of weapon variety that turns people off to ranked, ranked just lacks the fun more so than whether you win or lose.

I’ve always wondered myself that why the game uses such an elaborate MMR system which for example in WZ Assault gives pretty bad teammates for me quite consistently. It’s been like this for a long time and I’m used to it but still, why couldn’t social match players so that it just picks the first players the matchmaker finds and then just form the teams as evenly as possible.

I’m inclined to believe that the skill of the population has a gaussian distribution (probably slightly tending to the high end of the skill distribution due to the people that have played consistently through the years). So if you pick random 16 players for BTB for example and then balance the teams in the best possible manner it should be reasonably evenly matched. (This of course works only for scenarios in which there isn’t any large fireteams but that’s a whole other situation entirely.)

My personal gripe with the MMR system is that in certain playlists it is incredibly hard for me to find games even on solo. For example I really enjoy forge maps and was excited to play the community slayer playlist. But in the end I played only a handful of games because the queue times were extremely long even on solo expanded and at a reasonable time in regard of population. It’s like if I play anything other than Team Arena and Warzone I end up spending half of my time in the lobby.

> 2533274874385787;9:
> I’ve always wondered myself that why the game uses such an elaborate MMR system

MMR has always been in Halo, it’s not something new that was brought in with Halo 5

The social playlists are more for the casual people who arent really good at the game, or people just trying to relax and have fun. most people, sadly, are going to suck and there is not much you can do about it. I am in rather the same situation as you, losing most of my games because my team mates suck. all you can do in this case is try to carry even more

> 2533274874385787;9:
> I’ve always wondered myself that why the game uses such an elaborate MMR system which for example in WZ Assault gives pretty bad teammates for me quite consistently. It’s been like this for a long time and I’m used to it but still, why couldn’t social match players so that it just picks the first players the matchmaker finds and then just form the teams as evenly as possible.
>
> I’m inclined to believe that the skill of the population has a gaussian distribution (probably slightly tending to the high end of the skill distribution due to the people that have played consistently through the years). So if you pick random 16 players for BTB for example and then balance the teams in the best possible manner it should be reasonably evenly matched. (This of course works only for scenarios in which there isn’t any large fireteams but that’s a whole other situation entirely.)
>
> My personal gripe with the MMR system is that in certain playlists it is incredibly hard for me to find games even on solo. For example I really enjoy forge maps and was excited to play the community slayer playlist. But in the end I played only a handful of games because the queue times were extremely long even on solo expanded and at a reasonable time in regard of population. It’s like if I play anything other than Team Arena and Warzone I end up spending half of my time in the lobby.

Yup i got the same thing. I don’t play ranked, no games. Only play btb or mythic snipers. Those are kinda the only playlist i get games unless i want to wait more than play. Would love to see if they just make a normal social slayer playlist or social ffa.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> > 2533274874385787;9:
> > I’ve always wondered myself that why the game uses such an elaborate MMR system
>
> MMR has always been in Halo, it’s not something new that was brought in with Halo 5

Yeah I’m certainly aware of that but back in Reach I didn’t have trouble finding games like in Halo 5.

> 2533274874385787;13:
> Yeah I’m certainly aware of that but back in Reach I didn’t have trouble finding games like in Halo 5.

Reach’s skill restrictions are likely much looser than H5’s. Being social doesn’t mean that they’re all created equally and BTB is a good example for H5. It had tighter restrictions a few months ago and then they had to be loosened even more so people could find games. I noticed it right away since I was matching people way below my skill level and getting 40+ kills a game which hasn’t happened for me in that playlist for a long time.

> 2533274874385787;9:
> I’ve always wondered myself that why the game uses such an elaborate MMR system which for example in WZ Assault gives pretty bad teammates for me quite consistently. It’s been like this for a long time and I’m used to it but still, why couldn’t social match players so that it just picks the first players the matchmaker finds and then just form the teams as evenly as possible.
>
> I’m inclined to believe that the skill of the population has a gaussian distribution (probably slightly tending to the high end of the skill distribution due to the people that have played consistently through the years). So if you pick random 16 players for BTB for example and then balance the teams in the best possible manner it should be reasonably evenly matched. (This of course works only for scenarios in which there isn’t any large fireteams but that’s a whole other situation entirely.)
>
> My personal gripe with the MMR system is that in certain playlists it is incredibly hard for me to find games even on solo. For example I really enjoy forge maps and was excited to play the community slayer playlist. But in the end I played only a handful of games because the queue times were extremely long even on solo expanded and at a reasonable time in regard of population. It’s like if I play anything other than Team Arena and Warzone I end up spending half of my time in the lobby.

The skill and experience mean nothing when the lag makes the game unplayable and now this is all the time… sad, but true. Sometimes I shoot my BR to get a perfect kill and I get it, sometimes I use all the magazine and I die with 2 or 3 of BR that looks like an SMG… I think that this game have some several issues with the data flow of the servers. I have watched new players that play very well where is no lag and in the middle of the game we lose because a weird lag appears and the shots stop registering and I know that is not my connection because I only have problems with Halo 5…

Could it be your search preference? Maybe broaden it up a bit or condense the search. These games you’re losing could be related to that.

> 2533274922548310;16:
> Could it be your search preference? Maybe broaden it up a bit or condense the search. These games you’re losing could be related to that.

I must say i search expended. But thats just to get games.

> 2533274809655504;17:
> > 2533274922548310;16:
> > Could it be your search preference? Maybe broaden it up a bit or condense the search. These games you’re losing could be related to that.
>
> I must say i search expended. But thats just to get games.

Yeah that could definitely be a factor. Pretty sure with that setting it doesn’t really take into account the skill gap between the players it’s picking.

So wait. You’re getting 50 kills a game. And losing. And I’m supposed to feel bad that you lose more often than you win. What am I supposed to feel about the 50 kills? Especially if I’m the guy on the other team that went 11 and 25 and had you as the enemy who killed me most often?

It’s yin and yang, spartan. Halo gives with one hand and takes with the other.

And for the record, if you remove any skill restrictions at all (which has almost no precedent in Halo) then you end up with an even smaller population than we already have, mostly of players clustered somewhere around the mean skill level. You will most definitely drive away the majority of lower skilled players and make it brutally hard for anyone new trying to get into the game. So if you really believe that what Halo needs is an even smaller population then, by all means, throw away skill restrictions.

> 2533274873843883;19:
> So if you really believe that what Halo needs is an even smaller population then, by all means, throw away skill restrictions.

It’ll be as loved as PvP in Destiny 1.