Make non-headshot bullet placement count for Halo 4?

It would add more depth to combat with non headshot weapons in Halo 4 if it mattered where bullets (or spikes or plasma bolts) hit unshielded players, and allow people with better aiming skills (and bloom control skills, if bloom is in H4) to come out on top in more fights.

Let’s say it takes 10 AR bullets to kill an unshielded Spartan. In every past Halo game it didn’t matter where those bullets struck. They could be to the pinky toe or the cranium and do the exact same damage. What if in H4 shots do average damage if they hit your torso from your neck to your groin, double if they hit your head, and half if they hit your arms, legs, or gun?

Someone spraying wildly would lose to someone firing in short controlled bursts every time because 5 AR bullets to the head would kill much faster than 10 to the body or more if bullets hit limbs too or just missed.

This would work with the plasma and regular turret, AR, PR, PRep, PP, Spiker, and machine guns or plasma cannons on vehicles as well as any automatic or semi-auto non-headshot guns introduced in Halo 4.

anybody?

I like the idea, it would add a little more skill when using the AR.

Yeah I think this is cool and I always thought it would be a nice touch to any game but I think it causes too many balancing problems. Such as using an AR ^, haha. But who knows, it could work.

yes.

Yeah… i like the idea… Thats the way you going to put more skill in using these automatic weapons…

Well, the AR is made for beginners/ppl who can’t aim so why would they make it harder to use. Anyone that is capable of aiming should take the BR/DMR/Pistol or whatever they’re gonna use in H4 anyways.
And if you’d deal 200% dmg with the AR while shooting at the head, it would be overpowered unless they nerfed the -Yoink- out of it, so it would be useless for beginners who can hardly aim at the body.

maybe, but in my opinion too many people would wildly spam bullets towards the upper torso and happen to get a head shot.

Heres a thought, why not remove headshot capabilities altogether, and just make it so hitting the head is extremly dangerous. (Kills with most weapons.) Have the body do normal damage, and the arms do half. You’ve added alot of skill gap, realism, and strategy.

> Heres a thought, why not remove headshot capabilities altogether, and just make it so hitting the head is extremly dangerous. (Kills with most weapons.) Have the body do normal damage, and the arms do half. You’ve added alot of skill gap, realism, and strategy.

Sounds like COD or one of the million other fps where you die after getting hit from one bullet. No, thanks. Just leave the AR like it’s in reach.