Make Mantis unboardable

Its already rediculously weak and pretty slow.

I use it often and go on huge killing sprees. The Mantis is only as good as the person controlling it :wink:

If they make the Mantis unboardable by opponents, it would give the driver an unfair advantage and make it harder to take out. It’s required to keep things balanced in the game.

I don’t think we should since it would be rare to get boarded. You have stomp, a chaingun, and misltes to help you not get boarded

Just save them for WZFF, they do work well there.

> 2533274973957410;1:
> Its already rediculously weak and pretty slow.

It reminds me of the tinman from wizard of Oz. It even makes metal squeaking noises.

> 2533274883270007;2:
> I use it often and go on huge killing sprees. The Mantis is only as good as the person controlling it :wink:

I don’t suck with it.

> 2535409489305717;4:
> I don’t think we should since it would be rare to get boarded. You have stomp, a chaingun, and misltes to help you not get boarded

The stomp is useless when you see them behind you and can do nothing about it.

> 2533274973957410;8:
> > 2535409489305717;4:
> > I don’t think we should since it would be rare to get boarded. You have stomp, a chaingun, and misltes to help you not get boarded
>
>
> The stomp is useless when you see them behind you and can do nothing about it.

Except shoot rocketss or just get out the vehicles to kill them

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274973957410;8:
> > > 2535409489305717;4:
> > > I don’t think we should since it would be rare to get boarded. You have stomp, a chaingun, and misltes to help you not get boarded
> >
> >
> > The stomp is useless when you see them behind you and can do nothing about it.
>
>
> Except shoot rocketss or just get out the vehicles to kill them

Only if you’re lucky.

Or what about requiring 2 grenade plantations before killing mantises, scorpions, and wraiths? Would that be better?

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274973957410;8:
> > > 2535409489305717;4:
> > > I don’t think we should since it would be rare to get boarded. You have stomp, a chaingun, and misltes to help you not get boarded
> >
> >
> > The stomp is useless when you see them behind you and can do nothing about it.
>
>
> Except shoot rocketss or just get out the vehicles to kill them

But when you can board the mantis while you are in front of it. How do you deal with it then?

OP I agree the current boarding area of the mantis is pretty rediculous, but I don’t think it should be unboardable. But I will agree the area for it needs to be decreased by a -Yoink- load.

> 2535450794882368;11:
> Or what about requiring 2 grenade plantations before killing mantises, scorpions, and wraiths? Would that be better?

It would only really matter if you had teammates around for this idea.

Unboardable is pretty OP and you better believe me when I say it. My ONI mantis just got boarded the minute it went outside the fortress on MOS. I’m not even exaggerating. The 1 dude slipped pass 3 tanks and a ghost and of all the -Yoink-, he picks my mantis. The same game, I got splattered by a ghost by the fortress and I had a Halo beam rifle delta on me which despawned under 20 seconds. Never solo playing again. >:(

If you’re dying fast, you’re playing it wrong, you’ve got to play defensive, and when your should go down, take cover.

The Mantis is fine as is.

You should play the Mantis like a big you – which it sort of is, having two guns, a melee, and an energy shield. Would you stagger about on an open field, taking shots from multiple directions with complete disregard? Probably not. So don’t do that in a Mantis! Back it up behind a wall so your shields can recharge. Don’t let people get behind you! You can’t be boarded from the front, so just spin about and give 'em a stomp.

Oh, here’s a good tip for you: if you see someone looking at you from a distance (or just generally standing in view with decent cover readily available), do NOT shoot them with your bullets. You won’t kill them that way, and you’ll only set them to running for cover. Instead, fire your volley of missiles, so the first thing they feel is explosive death.

Mantis is a defensive vehicle. Playing offensive with the mantis is just a bad idea. Also try spawn yr vehicles especially them heavy ones at home base if you dont want to get jacked. Been getting good with the mantis. Only prob i have is against those invis -yoinks- but kudos to them taking me out.

> 2535468425990603;17:
> Mantis is a defensive vehicle. Playing offensive with the mantis is just a bad idea. Also try spawn yr vehicles especially them heavy ones at home base if you dont want to get jacked. Been getting good with the mantis. Only prob i have is against those invis -yoinks- but kudos to them taking me out.

its offensive as long you stick to cover.

> 2535466911309702;15:
> If you’re dying fast, you’re playing it wrong, you’ve got to play defensive, and when your should go down, take cover.

I second that. The mantis is a 100% Rek and -Yoink- vehicle.

Thank you all for your posts.