Make Living Dead DLC Required

Its been over a year since Reach came out, over a year since Noble came out and about 8 (?) months since Defiant came out.

I think its about time to start making playlists DLC required, more specifically Living Dead.

Living Dead should be Noble and Defiant DLC required. With the addition of two new (Defiant) Zombie achievements,It would not only give people (not boosting) a better chance to get Condemed/Uplink, but since its the most popular playlist it may even result in more map pack sales.

Peole want to play the maps they paid for and if people want to play a certain playlist so bad, buy the DLC.

I know that the CC guys has been taking in Zombie map submissions (of not only base, but DLC maps as well), so I think a good time to make the playlist DLC required is when we get custom (Infection) versions of Condemned and Anchor 9 into the rotation.

Then if we get some Custom Infection Anniversary maps, maybe a few months into the new year to make LD also require anniversary?

Thoughts community?

while i would like that, i think it would hurt reach’s population, many either can’t afford, or don’t want to spend $10 each on the map packs, i have them all, but many don’t, and it would piss off a lot of those that don’t

> while i would like that, i think it would hurt reach’s population, many either can’t afford, or don’t want to spend $10 each on the map packs, i have them all, but many don’t, and it would piss off a lot of those that don’t

Bungie made Living Dead DLC required in Halo 3, the playlist was still one of the most played Double XP playlists of all of Halo 3.

Its time to let those who support the developer play on the maps they purchased.

maybe sales will increase, or maybe people will quit and play other game, is a leap of faith that I would rather not do, just as easy as adding a “serach preference” to search for DLC ONLY players, I would prefer sitting ad waiting for a match 2 hours straight than playing a map from the map packs once in 200 games

> just as easy as adding a “serach preference” to search for DLC ONLY players

Best option. Caters to DLC owners without reducing population by exclusivity – and population should be preserved as best as possible, because once balanced maps are implemented and gameplay is fixed up, exploiters are going to ditch out of Living Dead like air out of a balloon.

I agree with making DLC required in Living Dead. With DLC there are a total of 15 maps in the Living Dead playlist. This is a massive increase from 8, which almost ensures that every game will be played on either Sword Base or The Cage.

While the idea of having a search restriction to match only with DLC is preferred, I don’t think Halo: Reach will be getting that feature.

I agree. The map packs are getting very old and if they do not have them then they most likely are not even playing this game much. I would assume the majority of the population on Reach at least has the first two packs.

This would then allow everyone to get the achievements for living dead as well that just came out because it is almost impossible to get them otherwise.

I’d like to know why 0 awesome community maps have yet to be included in this very casual playlist.

> I agree. The map packs are getting very old and if they do not have them then they most likely are not even playing this game much. I would assume the majority of the population on Reach at least has the first two packs.

I must object. There is absolutely no incentive to buy Defiant. The maps are more-or-less average and the Forge palettes are limited at best. Even Noble and Anniversary at least had Forge World clone palettes (though that palette is only really cohesive with Tempest); Defiant has nothing to make it stand out, and indeed it isn’t even as worthwhile a purchase as the other two packs.

Most people I know, at least, have Noble but have no intention of getting Defiant. My situation is the same.

> > I agree. The map packs are getting very old and if they do not have them then they most likely are not even playing this game much. I would assume the majority of the population on Reach at least has the first two packs.
>
> I must object. There is absolutely no incentive to buy Defiant. The maps are more-or-less average and the Forge palettes are limited at best. Even Noble and Anniversary at least had Forge World clone palettes (though that palette is only really cohesive with Tempest); Defiant has nothing to make it stand out, and indeed it isn’t even as worthwhile a purchase as the other two packs.
>
> Most people I know, at least, have Noble but have no intention of getting Defiant. My situation is the same.

my point exactly, while some have the map packs, not all do, and many don’t plan on getting them

> While the idea of having a search restriction to match only with DLC is preferred, I don’t think Halo: Reach will be getting that feature.

It wont. As long as those Lazy--Yoink!- Matchmaking Team start doing things right we may never see any important update to playlist’s, mostly they will only focus on the anniversary playlist’s, and wont even integrate other playlist’s. and removing playlist’s for sure they will. -Yoink!- frankie, fire those lazy-as-hell guys already!