Make Legendary Difficulty...Legendary!

As I’ve been replaying the games lately I’ve noticed after Halo 2 how much easier each game continually gets. By the time I reach Halo 4 it feels like playing Normal on Halo 2 or Heroic on Halo CE but the AI gets a lazy health boost. That doesn’t make for a truly legendary experience. Really.

I remember when I finally beat Halo 2 on Legendary, it was the most satisfying experience I’d had on an xbox or any videogame. It still is. What I’m basically saying here is make that the same case for Halo 5: Guardians. Make Legendary hard because the enemies themselves can fight worth a damn, and make it as hard if not harder than Halo 2.

I hope there are some campaign fans out there who’d agree.

As long as the difficulty comes from actual AI being smart and not bullet sponges, I agree.

And you no longer to snipe off a squad from a distance just because you’re outside their field of awareness. If one opponent goes down, odds are all others should be alerted.

> As long as the difficulty comes from actual AI being smart and not bullet sponges, I agree.

This. My biggest problem with Legendary since Halo 3 has been that enemies suddenly turn into bullet sponges. I love playing Halo CE and 2 on Legendary, but I hesitate to do so with other games because it’s more tedious than fun or engaging.

I agree. Halo 4 is so ridiculously easy, it’s like the actual difficulty is set between normal and heroic on H2.

And anyone that says that the difficulty is subjective on each game, you are wrong. The Halo games are very similar. 10 kilos are not easier to lift than 20 kilos, for everyone.

> I agree. <mark>Halo 4 is so ridiculously easy</mark>, it’s like the actual difficulty is set between normal and heroic on H2.
>
> And anyone that says that the difficulty is subjective on each game, you are wrong. The Halo games are very similar. 10 kilos are not easier to lift than 20 kilos, for everyone.

I don’t get it, it’s said that its either ridiculously easy like you said, or its tediously hard.

> > I agree. <mark>Halo 4 is so ridiculously easy</mark>, it’s like the actual difficulty is set between normal and heroic on H2.
> >
> > And anyone that says that the difficulty is subjective on each game, you are wrong. The Halo games are very similar. 10 kilos are not easier to lift than 20 kilos, for everyone.
>
> I don’t get it, it’s said that its either ridiculously easy like you said, or its tediously hard.

He’s just trying to sound cool, but in all seriousness halo 4 isn’t that hard on legendary but with the bullet sponge enemies and their increased numbers it can be really frustrating.

I agree i’ve been replaying some halos and noticed that Halo for was a lot. easier than them and hope they make it just a little bit harder

> halo 4 isn’t that hard on legendary but with the bullet sponge enemies and their increased numbers it can be really frustrating.

Precisely this. Halo 4 isn’t really that hard. Enemies are pretty much bullet sponges (Knights and warriors, ugh…) but how dumb the AI is pretty much does the contrary.

I uh, couldn’t finish all of Halo 2 on Legendary. The Arbiter is just… I love the environment, I just hate the awkwardly utilized cover.

Halo 2’s legendary I thought mostly relied on bullet sponge brutes and hard to see insta-skill sniper jackals. It’s co-op also turned your friend into a liability.

I think CE’s legendary is the only one I really enjoyed.