Make it so we start with plasma grenades on Zealot?

I remember what I loved about Halo 3’s midship. We all got to start with sticky grenades. It was nice to mix things up a bit and get away from those frag grenades. So I propose that we do the same thing to Halo Reach.

Whenever you go into a game of Zealot, you should spawn with Stickies. It would just mix things up a little bit :smiley:

Thoughts?

Zealot isn’t Midship, though.

Bouncing grenades is too important for Zealot’s gameplay to remove, tbh.

Would be a fun change imo.

Plus the bigger radius of frags is a little much for the narrow ring passages anyway.

This reminds me.

Please remove sticky starts in slayer pro, 343.

uh no, plasma grenades was one of the reasons i hated the hell out of midship, everywhere you went it was nothing but plasma grenades in your face and if they didn’t stick you or kill you they would just run off to collect more.

zealot is fine as is, just needs better spawns and space blocked off.

> uh no, plasma grenades was one of the reasons i hated the hell out of midship, everywhere you went it was nothing but plasma grenades in your face and if they didn’t stick you or kill you they would just run off to collect more.
>
> zealot is fine as is, just needs better spawns and space blocked off.

That reminds me. Why isn’t Arena Zealot (I think that’s what it’s called) in the TU Beta playlist? Instead we get the spaaaaaaaaace version…

> > uh no, plasma grenades was one of the reasons i hated the hell out of midship, everywhere you went it was nothing but plasma grenades in your face and if they didn’t stick you or kill you they would just run off to collect more.
> >
> > zealot is fine as is, just needs better spawns and space blocked off.
>
> That reminds me. Why isn’t Arena Zealot (I think that’s what it’s called) in the TU Beta playlist? Instead we get the spaaaaaaaaace version…

wait, seriously?
i thought it was arena zelot…

You would have to change every gametype(ctf,oddball,slayer,etc) from frags to plasmas which would add a lot of gametypes into matchmaking just to have plasma spawns on one map. I don’t know if it would cause server lag IMO it would look a little messy.

But still if it is a viable idea then it can be done.

> It’s not as easy as it was in Halo 3, With loadouts you would have to change every loadout for every gametype(ctf,oddball,slayer,etc) from frags to plasmas which would add a lot of gametypes to matchmaking just to have plasma spawns on one map. I don’t know if it would cause server lag but it would make things look a little messy.

on the loads you can set grenades to un-changed or is it default? same for weapons i think so all you have to do is go to base player traits - weapons and damage - 2 plasma grenades.

and no, it won’t put any strain on the servers, when he map is selected it will be linked to the gametype, like rockethog race is done in multi team.

just if the movement is increased, right now, is very very easy to stick someone

> This reminds me.
>
> Please remove sticky starts in slayer pro, 343.

This. Plasma grenades at spawn are a terrible idea. It just turns into kids trying to run in your face and stick you.

> This reminds me.
>
> Please remove sticky starts in slayer pro, 343.

But I thought the pro part came from trying to stick people…

That’s how I play it anyway.

> > This reminds me.
> >
> > Please remove sticky starts in slayer pro, 343.
>
> But I thought the pro part came from trying to stick people…
>
> That’s how I play it anyway.

nothing pro about spawning with plasma grenades.

i slayer pro, people choose the needle rifle just because they spawn with plasma grenades and what they do is just sprint at you, throw a grenade in your face or 2 to stick you then run off, if they miss then they will just use mele instead of there gun since they are already in the persons face.

> > uh no, plasma grenades was one of the reasons i hated the hell out of midship, everywhere you went it was nothing but plasma grenades in your face and if they didn’t stick you or kill you they would just run off to collect more.
> >
> > zealot is fine as is, just needs better spawns and space blocked off.
>
> That reminds me. Why isn’t Arena Zealot (I think that’s what it’s called) in the TU Beta playlist? Instead we get the <mark>spaaaaaaaaace</mark> version…

> Space, space, wanna go to space!
> SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
> Are we in space dad?
> Yes son, we are in space
> Are you space dad?
> Yes son, now we are reunited and can be a family once more
> Space, space, space, wanna go to space, space, space, wanna go to space!
> SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

All Portal related jokes aside, the space area needs to blocked off with a soft kill and something blocking the pipes that get you up there, like MLG.

OT: Sorry OP for not responding to the actual post earlier, here we go: Frag grenade placement is too important on that map to remove it. Whole map strategies are devised around the curvy walls, so it would just piss everyone off.

> > > This reminds me.
> > >
> > > Please remove sticky starts in slayer pro, 343.
> >
> > But I thought the pro part came from trying to stick people…
> >
> > That’s how I play it anyway.
>
> nothing pro about spawning with plasma grenades.
>
> i slayer pro, people choose the needle rifle just because they spawn with plasma grenades and what they do is just sprint at you, throw a grenade in your face or 2 to stick you then run off, if they miss then they will just use mele instead of there gun since they are already in the persons face.

I was kidding about the pro part. It doesn’t make sense to have that loadout on a “Pro” gametype, but I do enjoy it quite a bit since I don’t seem to get the chance to stick people normally that often, and I like the NR.