Make "Heat" levels visible in Team Hotshot

The fun of Halo has always been consistency: every element of the game does the same thing every time, and if you master every element you master the game.

Team Hotshot is fun as hell but unfortunately it introduces unpredictability: you have no idea if your enemy is in a Heat level or not (unless you’re counting kills but that’s a pain in the -Yoink-), so you have no idea what his weapons can do.

The fix is to make Spartans with Heat have some kind of visual indicator. 343 should be able to do this easily by forcing their color. Blue Spartans could go from blue to purple to lavendar to pink, as they progress to higher Heats, and red Spartans could go from red to orange to gold to yellow.

Or, they could get indicators like a red waypoint or a flaming overshield trail. It doesn’t really matter what it is, as long as you can instantly recognize that an enemy is powered up.

yea these are some cool features especially the color changing. you should mention this to bs angel

Where is this Team Hotshot which i’ve heard so much about?:slight_smile:

> Where is this Team Hotshot which i’ve heard so much about?:slight_smile:

It is currently only in Action Sack, you can download it here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26523572&player=bs%20angel

They should use Megalo scripting to put your chest on fire sort of like what they did with Overshield. Higher heat levels would have more fire.

The first time I played this, I kinda wondered why it wasn’t implemented in the first place. I like Negative 9’s idea about using fire, instead of some waypoint indicator above their heads!

> They should use Megalo scripting to put your chest on fire sort of like what they did with Overshield. Higher heat levels would have more fire.

Good idea, but depending on the map and the player’s movement speed, wouldn’t it become difficult to tell just how much fire there is? If you’re moving slowly, the fire particles just collect in one place, and look more fiery than they really are.

The benefit with waypoints is that the gametype can actually attach numbers (or any arbitrary text value) to them.

Color changing seems good.