Make Halo Great Again

DISCLAIMER
I REALLY ENJOY HALO 5 AND ENJOY A LOT OF IT’S NEW FEATURES

I have seen a lot of memes going around the internet and people talking a lot about how Halo(as a franchise) used to be so great and how no one plays it anymore. This leaves me with a few questions…

1. What is the usual online population of Halo 5?
  2. What could be done to possibly bring more gamers back to halo(in current and future titles)?

In my opinion, the poor launch of halo 5 and of MCC has scared away a lot of traditional players. For example, I was originally turned off by the lack of social playlists in Halo 5. It seems Halo 5 was made with an emphasis on competitive play and fewer people play it casually. Again all of this is my perception so if you have a different perspective please share.

1. No one knows except 343.

2. Classic art style, more classic music, a good and long campaign, lots of content, a good UI, no RNG unlock system, and for many, classic gameplay.

I totally agree with your last paragraph.

After Halo Wars 2, i think that Halo its gonna be greater.

Its because the postcredit scene

I was expecting this to be a rant about Halo 5 and 343i until I read through your comment.

Looks like I can agree with you with the way how MCC and Halo 5 went during launch. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hope Halo 6 can redeem Halo 5’s atrocious story just like Halo 3 with 2 on that cliffhanger ending with some assistance from Halo Wars 2.

Turned off :3 lol Anyways, the game launching with no BTB made it really dull.

To be fair to 343, a lot of those people just changed. I have friends that say “Halo is not what it used to be” and when I ask why, they can’t even give me a answer, they just start talking saying the most basic stuff like “the company that made it left, didn’t they”.

i still play the game so I feel I have a right to complain, I never left. I know what’s happening. But some people have not played halo since H3.

Id have to agree H4 didn’t help things, and I’m sure MCC shot down any hopes for getting older fans back, which is sad really.

343 (or Microsoft) have made a lot of bad decisions with Halo, however I can see they do try to make the right ones, and the things they do get right, they nail… FORGE.

its the lack of consistency. That’s the issue I have with them.

Oh and where the -Yoink- is shortly snipers. Put it back 343.

People hate the New movement system, ground pound, Spartan charge, Sprint, slide…

If they take these out, I will probably only play halo for the campaign, and then it will sit on my shelf.

> 2535462333594080;6:
> To be fair to 343, a lot of those people just changed. I have friends that say “Halo is not what it used to be”
>
> i still play the game so I feel I have a right to complain, I never left. I know what’s happening. But some people have not played halo since H3.
>
> 343 (or Microsoft) have made a lot of bad decisions with Halo,

I agree, I have changed and so has Halo, but not in the same way. I still bought Halo 5, but I didn’t like what it has turned into, I tried, I put many hours in, but eventually gave up. I posted this in another thread = I think Halo needs another direction, I think Halo would benefit from a third person action rpg, it would make players like me happy, and introduce new fans to the franchise.

I think they should continue with the numbered FPS sequels, but having changed, I’m not sure if I want that Halo anymore, I find the ttk too long, I now prefer the faster ttk in Titanfall 2, Halo lacks the customisation I want, it lacks violence imo, Doom 2016 has given me the visceral fix I crave, Halo has had so much removed, and 343i have failed to deliver in certain ways, like regional server selection.

The masses that played Halo CE, 2, 3 and Reach have changed and are older too, yet Halo 5 took the teen route to appeal to a wider audience ?

Is it me ? Is it Halo ? Probably both.

The title made ke think Donald Trump with make America great again lol. Anyway

1. No one knows
    2.art style that sort of stuff.

Halo 5 is garbage.

1. they better don’t show us. I think average of onliners is less than 70-80k. It is just the proof of bad work on this franchise.
  2. they should take a look on Bungie’s work and turn ON their brains, then apply all those great things for new Halo games. There is no heart in 343’s work. Just money and job.

The greatest things about AAA game are microtransactions :slight_smile: Jesus, Microsoft, you are so grasping!

No, Halo franchise will never have back it’s great times like in Halo 2 and Halo 3 era. And not even HW2 will save it. But maybe just another Halo shooter games will not be so bad like Halo 5 with all in background.

> 2533274857821624;1:
> DISCLAIMER
> I REALLY ENJOY HALO 5 AND ENJOY A LOT OF IT’S NEW FEATURES
> I have seen a lot of memes going around the internet and people talking a lot about how Halo(as a franchise) used to be so great and how no one plays it anymore. This leaves me with a few questions…
> 1. What is the usual online population of Halo 5?
> 2. What could be done to possibly bring more gamers back to halo(in current and future titles)?
> In my opinion, the poor launch of halo 5 and of MCC has scared away a lot of traditional players. For example, I was originally turned off by the lack of social playlists in Halo 5. It seems Halo 5 was made with an emphasis on competitive play and fewer people play it casually. Again all of this is my perception so if you have a different perspective please share.

1. no one can say, but if you look at the most played list on the xbox, you can see h5 most of the time a bit behind BF4 (on very few occasions a bit in front of it). according to bf4stats.com the xbox one 24h peak of BF4 is ~14.900. so thats a hint how many people still play h5.

2. i can only say what would bring me back: changing the gameplay back to halo gameplay and not in the direction of “modern military” shooter (CoD, BF, TF). i like the gameplay of titanfall, but if i play halo, i want the gameplay to feel like halo (no ADS, no hit markers, no slideing … sprinting should be at least VERY limited, but if it’s gone it would be better)

the poor launch could have also done a number on the player base.
the people “changed” argument isn’t a good one (maybe for some, but not for the maturity). i still play MCC from time to time, so i think i can say, that it’s not because i “changed” that i stoped playing h5. that i’m still on the forums is also an indicator, that i still care about the franchise, but microtransaction and the desparet try to be like other shooters is slowly driving me away.

so in my opinion the way to “make halo great again” is, going back to it’s roots (not just even starts, gameplay is important) and delivering a good campaign (h5s wasn’t very good) would be a start. i think it would also take some time to regain the fanbase, but in the long run i think halo would be more successful that way, than by trying desprately to bring in the CoD crowd

> 2533274857821624;1:
>

We have a dedicated population thread for discussion on this topic. Feel free to use it. You’ll find it among the links in my signature.