Make Halo great again(?)

Should 343 finally listen to the community for once (cough cough) and bring back what Halo made us love the game in the first place? If 343i wants to remove sprinting/running, that would be great. I will lose it if they bring back Spartan Charging. No thrusting, no Ground Pounds. I mean, in Halo 5, there are at least three Halo 3 map remakes in matchmaking for crying out loud! 343i can’t even make good maps. I have to admit, Warzone I don’t think was a bad addition to the Halo Franchise, but I’m not saying it was the best Halo game. Dual-wielding weapons should be brought back. Equipment like bubble shields should be brought back. All of the new movement does make the game “harder” in my opinion. Hard for competitive Halo at least.

What do you guys like, old-school, or new-school?

Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time. Just look at what I think and compare it to other people:
Sprint: Doesn’t need to be removed, won’t care if it is.
Spartan Charge: Don’t care. Remove to cut down on complaints.
Thrusters: Would prefer to keep. Wouldn’t be too distressed if removed.
Ground Pound: Can be kept for all I care. Don’t use it terribly often.
Warzone: Keep. Nothing wrong with more game modes. Which reminds me, WHERE IS ASSAULT, 343?
Dual-wielding: No. Don’t bring it back. Don’t ever bring it back.
Equipment: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
Armor abilities: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time. Just look at what I think and compare it to other people:
> Sprint: Doesn’t need to be removed, won’t care if it is.
> Spartan Charge: Don’t care.
> Thrusters: Would prefer to keep. Wouldn’t be too distressed if removed.
> Ground Pound: Can be kept for all I care. Don’t use it terribly often.
> Warzone: Keep. Nothing wrong with more game modes. Which reminds me, WHERE IS ASSAULT, 343?
> Dual-wielding: No. Don’t bring it back. Don’t ever bring it back.
> Equipment: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
> Armor abilities: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.

I agree, not everything is essential to be brought back, but I might kill myself if they bring back spartan charging. You can’t say you haven’t been spartan charged in the front and then killed with one pistol shot. Ground pound i don’t mind as much. I somewhat agree with you.

If I want to play games with classic mechanics, they are available.

If I want to buy a reskinned copy of the last game, Ill play COD.

> 2533274974422276;3:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time. Just look at what I think and compare it to other people:
> > Sprint: Doesn’t need to be removed, won’t care if it is.
> > Spartan Charge: Don’t care.
> > Thrusters: Would prefer to keep. Wouldn’t be too distressed if removed.
> > Ground Pound: Can be kept for all I care. Don’t use it terribly often.
> > Warzone: Keep. Nothing wrong with more game modes. Which reminds me, WHERE IS ASSAULT, 343?
> > Dual-wielding: No. Don’t bring it back. Don’t ever bring it back.
> > Equipment: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
> > Armor abilities: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
>
>
> I agree, not everything is essential to be brought back, but I might kill myself if they bring back spartan charging. You can’t say you haven’t been spartan charged in the front and then killed with one pistol shot. Ground pound i don’t mind as much. I somewhat agree with you.

I typically don’t get Spartan Charged and finished with a Magnum round, no, it typically ends with my enemy’s shields down, and me dead from SMG fire.

I prefer the new type of halo. I would prefer to keep sprint, but I’d still enjoy halo 6 if it didn’t have it. Spartan charge needs to go as it an easy way to get kills. Thrust, slide, stabilize should all stay, and I’d be disappointed to see them go. I’d like ground pound to stay, but I wouldn’t be too distraught if it was removed.

This my take, they should take more time making H6, while doing so release H3A see how it does. Release it with all its maps and H2/H:CE Gears UE style. See how the population fairs on it while compared to H5. From this decide whether to keep sprint, get rid of it, or make modes for both.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time.

I agree, but 343 doesn’t seem to know when to listen and when to not listen. It even seems as if many of the people at 343 are the ones that typically wouldn’t be listened to. I feel like 343 is made up of people that had begged for a cover system in Halo 3 just because Gears had it.

I miss Halo when it was simple.

There are some great things and there are things that suck. The visuals are great, but the story was terrible. There’s plenty of customization, but it’s highly unorganized resorting to you having to scroll through a long list to find what you want. The overall them of the UI is neat but its functionality is terrible, such as not being able to mute an individual player, or not being able to see their stats nor their armor pregame. Warzone is a great idea, but in firefight the respawn times become exceedingly terrible. On top of that when trying to take down a boss one team could fight the boss all the way down to the tiniest bit of health, only for another team player to get the final hit on the boss, thus acquiring those points. I feel like those points should be split depending on which team took what percentage of health, rather than if a team did the most damage they get all of the points.

The REQ system was a good idea initially, but it seems to favor players of a higher level when it comes to obtaining more powerful and more rare weapons, instead of anyone having the same probability of obtaining a rare item/weapon. At the same time 343 should leave the customization items available to be unlocked at higher levels. I hardly ever see balanced teams, whether it be Warzone or Arena. One team always dominates and the other team seems like it was their first day every playing Halo. The matchmaking in conjunction with the req system gives a highly unbalanced experience. There’s been plenty of games in Warzone for instance where one team would charge in with multiple wasps, bypassing their first capture point to attack the opposing team’s first capture point to completely annihilate them. I’ve gotten like 2 or 3 wasps the day the update came out, and I have yet to get any since. I’m not totally sure if that’s the case with the REQ system, or what exactly can be done to improve it, but something is definitely off about it. But one thing that is evident is not being able to sell multiple REQs at once, and having to go through an unorganized mess. I almost would rather have a custom loadout option, but that too would mean higher levels would have an advantage due to being able to unlock more powerful weapons.

Sprinting is a great thing to have, it quickens the pace of the game. However your shields don’t recharge and getting hit and trying to take cover often yields in not being able to reach cover in time, even it it’s just around a corner. The initial start of sprinting feels clunky, versus feeling like a super soldier dashing off into battle. It’s as if the gameplay is fast paced in offense but then when you have to be defensive it slows down tremendously. It forces you to play at a distance, instead of being able to utilize a variety of tactics whether it be offensive or defensive at various ranges. If you are able to take cover while getting hit you’re forced to sit and hide, hoping that you don’t get grenade spammed as there’s hardly anywhere else to go.

Clambering is a great addition, and so is the spartan charge and the ground slam. However, clambering sometimes doesn’t work, and the animations for the spartan charge and the ground slam seem slow. They all however feel really clunky. The controls in general feel clunky I might add, whereas Halo 4 felt like a truly fast-paced Halo game with hardly any issues with gameplay from my experience.

There’s a lack of a custom game browser, leaving players to resort to having to go online to other websites to find those games. Custom games is a huge part of Halo, and with all the praise from 343 about the forge system, why not utilize this notion and take advantage of it? It creates longevity for the game tremendously. The Spartan Companies feature is somewhat of a joke, as this feature is no where to be seen in game. As with a number of features such as Spartan Companies, it requires users to go online to the website instead.

There are some kool maps, and I’m glad that some remakes were brought into the game, but most of the maps feel cookie-cutter in a way. It’s kind of sad that the good maps are the ones that were brought back, but even they feel plain, the textures and the environment feels the same. Where are the blades of grass for instance? Walking on grass or the ground does not feel like you’re running through a field at all. Every game mode feels like there aren’t enough players, on top of the maps feeling crowded and small.

At its core Halo 5 is a pretty decent game, but I hope that we all can provide evidence and logical reasoning to what needs to be changed with the game. Not only that, we need a gaming company that listens to their community, and not just people that whine, but to the people that do provide that evidence and rational thought. There’s more that could be said but I guess I’ll leave it at that.

> 2533274974422276;1:
> Should 343 finally listen to the community for once (cough cough) and bring back what Halo made us love the game in the first place? If 343i wants to remove sprinting/running, that would be great. I will lose it if they bring back Spartan Charging. No thrusting, no Ground Pounds. I mean, in Halo 5, there are at least three Halo 3 map remakes in matchmaking for crying out loud! 343i can’t even make good maps. I have to admit, Warzone I don’t think was a bad addition to the Halo Franchise, but I’m not saying it was the best Halo game. Dual-wielding weapons should be brought back. Equipment like bubble shields should be brought back. All of the new movement does make the game “harder” in my opinion. Hard for competitive Halo at least.
>
> What do you guys like, old-school, or new-school?

Just say you want Halo 3 2.0 and be done with it.

> 2533274819567236;8:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time.
>
>
> I agree, but 343 doesn’t seem to know when to listen and when to not listen. It even seems as if many of the people at 343 are the ones that typically wouldn’t be listened to. I feel like 343 is made up of people that had begged for a cover system in Halo 3 just because Gears had it.

At least they are trying? Though I fell if Bungie did one thing right…it was largely ignoring the community.

> 2533274815582829;12:
> > 2533274819567236;8:
> > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time.
> >
> >
> > I agree, but 343 doesn’t seem to know when to listen and when to not listen. It even seems as if many of the people at 343 are the ones that typically wouldn’t be listened to. I feel like 343 is made up of people that had begged for a cover system in Halo 3 just because Gears had it.
>
>
> At least they are trying? Though I fell if Bungie did one thing right…it was largely ignoring the community.

They can “try” as much as they want, but it doesn’t matter how much they tried once the game is out.

> 2533274819567236;13:
> > 2533274815582829;12:
> > > 2533274819567236;8:
> > > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time.
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree, but 343 doesn’t seem to know when to listen and when to not listen. It even seems as if many of the people at 343 are the ones that typically wouldn’t be listened to. I feel like 343 is made up of people that had begged for a cover system in Halo 3 just because Gears had it.
> >
> >
> > At least they are trying? Though I fell if Bungie did one thing right…it was largely ignoring the community.
>
>
> They can “try” as much as they want, but it doesn’t matter how much they tried once the game is out.

So then the solution is clear. Don’t listen at all since, as you say, it doesn’t matter.

> 2533274815582829;14:
> > 2533274819567236;13:
> > > 2533274815582829;12:
> > > > 2533274819567236;8:
> > > > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I agree, but 343 doesn’t seem to know when to listen and when to not listen. It even seems as if many of the people at 343 are the ones that typically wouldn’t be listened to. I feel like 343 is made up of people that had begged for a cover system in Halo 3 just because Gears had it.
> > >
> > >
> > > At least they are trying? Though I fell if Bungie did one thing right…it was largely ignoring the community.
> >
> >
> > They can “try” as much as they want, but it doesn’t matter how much they tried once the game is out.
>
>
> So then the solution is clear. Don’t listen at all since, as you say, it doesn’t matter.

You know those two words, “doesn’t matter”, that you latched onto? Try reading all the words surrounding them in that sentence.

> 2533274819667356;7:
> This my take, they should take more time making H6, while doing so release H3A see how it does. Release it with all its maps and H2/H:CE Gears UE style. See how the population fairs on it while compared to H5. From this decide whether to keep sprint, get rid of it, or make modes for both.

This is exactly what they should do. I’m on the side of removing the abilities but if population on H5 was greater then I would know that majority of people don’t feel that way and I’d move on. However, they’d better do H3 justice with the remaster and not -Yoink- up the launch.
Let the people show you what they want is what I say.

Old school, baby. They’ve tried this modern crap and it hasn’t worked.

> 2533274815582829;11:
> > 2533274974422276;1:
> > Should 343 finally listen to the community for once (cough cough) and bring back what Halo made us love the game in the first place? If 343i wants to remove sprinting/running, that would be great. I will lose it if they bring back Spartan Charging. No thrusting, no Ground Pounds. I mean, in Halo 5, there are at least three Halo 3 map remakes in matchmaking for crying out loud! 343i can’t even make good maps. I have to admit, Warzone I don’t think was a bad addition to the Halo Franchise, but I’m not saying it was the best Halo game. Dual-wielding weapons should be brought back. Equipment like bubble shields should be brought back. All of the new movement does make the game “harder” in my opinion. Hard for competitive Halo at least.
> >
> > What do you guys like, old-school, or new-school?
>
>
> Just say you want Halo 3 2.0 and be done with it.

I want Halo 3 2.0

> 2533274974422276;3:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > Listening to what the community wants isn’t always a good idea. We’re so split that it gets Halo nowhere most of the time. Just look at what I think and compare it to other people:
> > Sprint: Doesn’t need to be removed, won’t care if it is.
> > Spartan Charge: Don’t care.
> > Thrusters: Would prefer to keep. Wouldn’t be too distressed if removed.
> > Ground Pound: Can be kept for all I care. Don’t use it terribly often.
> > Warzone: Keep. Nothing wrong with more game modes. Which reminds me, WHERE IS ASSAULT, 343?
> > Dual-wielding: No. Don’t bring it back. Don’t ever bring it back.
> > Equipment: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
> > Armor abilities: Don’t care. Doesn’t need to return.
>
>
> I agree, not everything is essential to be brought back, but I might kill myself if they bring back spartan charging. You can’t say you haven’t been spartan charged in the front and then killed with one pistol shot. Ground pound i don’t mind as much. I somewhat agree with you.

When you see them sprinting at you on your radar then thrust to the side. They’ll be stuck in that stupid animation for a second and you can back smash them. :smiley:

Sprint: Keep it in, but make a classic playlist without sprint.
Spartan Charge: A THOUSAND HELLS (Halo Legends reference)
Thruster: If there is one thing that definitely adds strategy to Halo 5, it’s this. Keep it.
Clamber: A good thing to have, so yes keep in it. Also please fix when you clamber so hard you go flying up.
Ground Pound: Why not? It’s barely ever used, and it’s actually pretty balanced with it’s vulnerable hover time. I say keep it.

Dual Wielding: I don’t see this working well with the likes of some weapons (dual boltshot would be the most powerful mid-range weapon, dual H5 Pistol would be very OP and very easy to obtain, dual wielding certain Warzone REQs?)
Smart-Scope: Remove the tightened spread and increased range and I’d be fine with it.

Equipment: This is by far the most strategic feature to a FPS Halo game. Gravlift in the right spot can make traversing the map more efficient, bubble shield and regain at the right time can save lives and potential flag caps/bomb scores, etc. Bring it in if you can.
Armor Abilities: With all the stuff already in game, I don’t see the need for it, or how we can fit it in. Leave it behind.

Others: Reduce damage with Autos. I get that they’re trying to balance the game, but the autos are a tad bit to strong. A slight adjustment should help.
Better, more unique map design. The maps in H5 are great, don’t get me wrong, but of course, as many have already said, we have way to many UNSC maps and map remixes. Switch it up a little.

These are my thoughts. Feel free to give your own opinions.