Make Halo 5 like Halo 3

I think it should be like Halo 3. Halo 3 takes skill. Make Halo take skill again because Halo 4 doesn’t take much skill its too easy for people to play. Halo 3 had a steep learning curve.

Learn from your mistakes about making Halo more “accessible” and make it actually take skill.

> I think it should be like Halo 3. Halo 3 takes skill. Make Halo take skill again because Halo 4 doesn’t take much skill its too easy for people to play. Halo 3 had a steep learning curve.
>
> Learn from your mistakes about making Halo more “accessible” and make it actually take skill.

If this “Halo Xbox One” actually is a spin-off game take it with a pinch of salt, and you’ll know how Halo 5 will be.

In their spin-offs when it comes to game mechanics, they are most likely testing them, and incorporating players to them, so when their main game comes out people will recognize the feeling of the game.

Example Odst -> Reach

They strike two birds with one stone.

I disagree with the very little you had to say. Halo 5 should play like Halo 5, weather it be for better or for worse, it will be its own game. Im sorry but I already own a copy of Halo 3 and I do not see a reason of buying a game that is going to be just like it.

What I like about Halo is that each game is different from the one that came before it.

YES!!! YES!!! EXACTLY. And for anyone who thinks this ISN’T Halo 5, but a spinoff, just because they haven’t titled the game yet doesn’t mean it won’t be Halo 5. The teaser trailer wasn’t supposed to say “This is halo 5”, but “We are making a Halo game”, and we’ll reveal the game later on.

> I disagree with the very little you had to say. Halo 5 should play like Halo 5, weather it be for better or for worse, it will be its own game. Im sorry but I already own a copy of Halo 3 and I do not see a reason of buying a game that is going to be just like it.
>
> <mark>What I like about Halo is that each game is different from the one that came before it.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> Then you should just go buy 5 different titled shooters and become happy. I want to see Halo 5 play as Halo 3 or 2 with different weapons, equipment, maps, and some additional “innovation” added to the game.

No, Halo 5 should be something new, not based off 2,3,4 or Reach

> I disagree with the very little you had to say. Halo 5 should play like Halo 5, weather it be for better or for worse, it will be its own game. Im sorry but I already own a copy of Halo 3 and I do not see a reason of buying a game that is going to be just like it.
>
> What I like about Halo is that each game is different from the one that came before it.

Agreed, I believe Halo 5 will have it’s own thing but I personally think they will continue to use sprint and armor abilities. Armor abilities won’t be such a game breaker such as Jet packs and Active Camo but will be new things like Radar jammers as a Armor Ability that won’t be a game breaker. This game will be very fun and competitive I believe in 343i.

> > I disagree with the very little you had to say. Halo 5 should play like Halo 5, weather it be for better or for worse, it will be its own game. Im sorry but I already own a copy of Halo 3 and I do not see a reason of buying a game that is going to be just like it.
> >
> > <mark>What I like about Halo is that each game is different from the one that came before it.
[/quote]
</mark>
> >
> > Then you should just go buy 5 different titled shooters and become happy. I want to see Halo 5 play as Halo 3 or 2 with different weapons, equipment, maps, and some additional “innovation” added to the game.
>
> I don’t live by your rules, you cant tell me what to do.
>
> Also it sounds like you what a Halo 3 HD remake instead of Halo 5.

> YES!!! YES!!! EXACTLY. And for anyone who thinks this ISN’T Halo 5, but a spinoff, just because they haven’t titled the game yet doesn’t mean it won’t be Halo 5. The teaser trailer wasn’t supposed to say “This is halo 5”, but “We are making a Halo game”, and we’ll reveal the game later on.

We knew they were making more Halo games. Back in the day they confirmed Halo 4,5 and 6. As you said the trailer had nothing to do with the actual game, and was just there to remind people of that Halo IS ONLY coming to Xbox one, so go buy the Xbox one.

We have no confirmation of that the next Halo game actually is Halo 5. We just know it’s coming soon.

> > I think it should be like Halo 3. Halo 3 takes skill. Make Halo take skill again because Halo 4 doesn’t take much skill its too easy for people to play. Halo 3 had a steep learning curve.
> >
> > Learn from your mistakes about making Halo more “accessible” and make it actually take skill.
>
> If this “Halo Xbox One” actually is a spin-off game take it with a pinch of salt, and you’ll know how Halo 5 will be.
>
> In their spin-offs when it comes to game mechanics, they are most likely testing them, and incorporating players to them, so when their main game comes out people will recognize the feeling of the game.
>
> <mark>Example Odst -> Reach</mark>
>
> They strike two birds with one stone.

You need to go into more detail about that, because I’m sure that those two Halo titles do not play the same way.

> I disagree with the very little you had to say. Halo 5 should play like Halo 5, weather it be for better or for worse, it will be its own game. Im sorry but I already own a copy of Halo 3 and I do not see a reason of buying a game that is going to be just like it.
>
> What I like about Halo is that each game is different from the one that came before it.

Agreed. Only complaint from me is the in-game ranking system and the pre-update weapon balance that scared off alot of players.

> No, Halo 5 should be something new, not based off 2,3,4 or Reach

Exactly! I don’t want to pay $60 or whatevs to buy a re hashed version of a game I allready own, you want to play H3? then go play H3.

Gee and people here hate on CoD for being the same game over and over again but then they ask for Halo to do the same…

Logic… what ever happened to it?

> I want to see Halo 5 play as Halo 3 or 2 with different weapons, equipment, maps, and some additional “innovation” added to the game.

Uh if you add different things then by default it wouldnt play like H3… just sayin.

> > > I think it should be like Halo 3. Halo 3 takes skill. Make Halo take skill again because Halo 4 doesn’t take much skill its too easy for people to play. Halo 3 had a steep learning curve.
> > >
> > > Learn from your mistakes about making Halo more “accessible” and make it actually take skill.
> >
> > If this “Halo Xbox One” actually is a spin-off game take it with a pinch of salt, and you’ll know how Halo 5 will be.
> >
> > In their spin-offs when it comes to game mechanics, they are most likely testing them, and incorporating players to them, so when their main game comes out people will recognize the feeling of the game.
> >
> > <mark>Example Odst -> Reach</mark>
> >
> > They strike two birds with one stone.
>
> You need to go into more detail about that, because I’m sure that those two Halo titles do not play the same way.

They have several similarities. They were incorporating you to Reach by implementing slow movement, low jump height and the use of Health Packs to refill health.

> > No, Halo 5 should be something new, not based off 2,3,4 or Reach
>
> Exactly! I don’t want to pay $60 or whatevs to buy a re hashed version of a game I allready own, you want to play H3? then go play H3.
>
> Gee and people here hate on CoD for being the same game over and over again but then they ask for Halo to do the same…
>
> Logic… what ever happened to it?
>
>
>
> > I want to see Halo 5 play as Halo 3 or 2 with different weapons, equipment, maps, and some additional “innovation” added to the game.
>
> Uh if you add different things then by default it wouldnt play like H3… just sayin.

It would play very similar as most of the game mechanics would be the same, even with some cool new additions to the game.

This new Halo game should do what every Halo game is suppose to do, something innovative and fun that pushes expectations higher. I personally feel like Halo Reach and 4 failed to do so. My personal issue with Halo 4 was ordnance drops and creating your loadout. I am a firm believer that we are all suppose to start on equal grounds in Halo. It is a simple concept that puts skills to the test. Halo 3 was my favorite Halo game and one of my favorite video games ever, however Halo 5 needs to push gaming to its limits and do something NEW. I feel like its been a long while since I’ve played a game that had something new and unexpected that just wow’ed me.

Thats my opinion.

> > No, Halo 5 should be something new, not based off 2,3,4 or Reach
>
> Exactly! I don’t want to pay $60 or whatevs to buy a re hashed version of a game I allready own, you want to play H3? then go play H3.
>
> Gee and people here hate on CoD for being the same game over and over again but then they ask for Halo to do the same…
>
> Logic… what ever happened to it?

If it’s like anything, I’d say branch it off from CE, 2 and 3 went in their own direction, so did 4 and Reach, Halo 5 needs to be new, not a rehashed game

Not necessarily like Halo 3 but not like Reach or Halo 4 either.

> This new Halo game should do what every Halo game is suppose to do, something innovative and fun that pushes expectations higher. I personally feel like Halo Reach and 4 failed to do so. My personal issue with Halo 4 was ordnance drops and creating your loadout. I am a firm believer that we are all suppose to start on equal grounds in Halo. It is a simple concept that puts skills to the test. Halo 3 was my favorite Halo game and one of my favorite video games ever, however Halo 5 needs to push gaming to its limits and do something NEW. I feel like its been a long while since I’ve played a game that had something new and unexpected that just wow’ed me.
>
> Thats my opinion.

Agreed. Sprint, loadouts, and ordinance are not innovative or fun. Halo needs to deliver new innovations that are exclusive and not “borrowed” from other franchises.

Halo 2 introduced the BR and the most excellent maps to date.

Halo 3 brought theater, forge and map equipment.

I want Halo 5 to do something new as well, but also ditch everything they thought was good for Reach and Halo 4.

Halo 2 and 3 have solid foundations. 343 needs to build something new on that foundation.

> It would play very similar as most of the game mechanics would be the same, even with some cool new additions to the game.

Not really, because every time there are new additions to the game people go crazy about it and complain about them.

H3 played slightly similar to H2 but equipement like bubbleshield and regen got quite some hate back then and so forth.

So while mechanics coudl be similar any additions woudl be rejected by the community as it has been the case with each iteration of Halo.

In short Halo community doesnt knwo what it wants and is always complaining about one thing or another.

Sure I didnt enjoy H4 as much as previous titles but that does not mean I want a re skinned H3 or H2 I want a new game if not then I wont fork $60 out to buy the same game I allready have just with updated graphics.

> > It would play very similar as most of the game mechanics would be the same, even with some cool new additions to the game.
>
> Not really, because every time there are new additions to the game people go crazy about it and complain about them.
>
> H3 played slightly similar to H2 but equipement like bubbleshield and regen got quite some hate back then and so forth.
>
> So while mechanics coudl be similar any additions woudl be rejected by the community as it has been the case with each iteration of Halo.
>
> In short Halo community doesnt knwo what it wants and is always complaining about one thing or another.
>
> Sure I didnt enjoy H4 as much as previous titles but that does not mean I want a re skinned H3 or H2 I want a new game if not then I wont fork $60 out to buy the same game I allready have just with updated graphics.

Despite the hate back and forth from Halo 3 or H2 innovations. It’s clear the MAJORITY of the community loved and enjoyed those. The healthy population (even during Reach) is proof of this.

Another fact, the community certainly voiced H4 is not the direction this game should be going. Again, the population is proof of this.

It’s not rocket science that a highly competitive arena shooter is how this game should remain. It worked in H2 and H3 and clearly did not in Reach or H4. I believe H4 was the test tube baby to see if super random and casual is the way to go. survey says…NOPE.

New and innovative for Halo 5? Absolutely! But those innovations should’nt compromise the competitive nature of Halo.