Make forge great... Less complaints later on...

343 you really need to take a good look at these make forge awesome threads and all the wishlists. Their are some very good ideas that can give Forge a lasting appeal. Variety< That is the main thing we need. Think to yourselves… “What can we do to make users have a vast control over forge so that each map has it’s own unique look?” I’m not going to bash on what Bungie did with Forge 2.0 and Forgeworld but simply put Halo 4’s forge must let us be more creative with the themes of our maps.

The main complaint about Forge in Reach is that all the maps pretty much look alike. Let’s get that headache out of the way so we don’t have to beg for more forge maps come a few months into H4’s life cycle. Even if that means having different themed maps with tons of forging potential.

Thank you for your time.

I already think forge is great and really couldn’t be better. We have everything we need. A great, unique enviorment to work with, and really interesting peices to use how we want and need and how they allow themselves to be used in ways they weren’t initally intented to.

> I already think forge is great and really couldn’t be better. We have everything we need. A great, unique enviorment to work with, and really interesting peices to use how we want and need and how they allow themselves to be used in ways they weren’t initally intented to.

Completely agree, man.Actually, my only ennemies in forge are framerate and disco effect :).

I just hate looking at the same few colors. I’d like a change of scenery. You guys are right when it comes to the important part of map building. It is possible to create many things. Its just a complete eye sore to look at the same thing over and over again. Anyone that has forge for 30+ hours should know this.

> I already think forge is great and really couldn’t be better. We have everything we need.

I’m afraid I have to disagree. There are many more things we could use, a far cry style terrain editor for one thing. A method of setting an objects movement paths like trials hd has for another. I would also like a few gimmicky things such as gravity zones like the ones seen in zealot and anchor 9.

I know a few things they could add to Forge that top my list.

Forge-able weather effects. Like Fog, Rain or Snow. Imagine how much Gameplay would change on Hemorrhage if you could only see 1/4 of the way accross the map due to any of the three or a combination thereof.

Three different types of forge objects or skins. Forerunner (what we already have), Covenant, and UNSC. This would be great for forging invasion maps with a Covie base on one side and a UNSC base on the other.

A more varied Forge World. I love Reach’s Forge World but miss having different types of terrain to work with. I want more Desert, Snowy and Jungle areas to build in!

I also had another thought with regards to the “We want Flyable Pelicans/Phantoms/Scarabs!!” thread that seems to pop up quite often: Why not take a page from Battlefield’s manual and implement all of these vehicles? Although getting everything balanced to where nothing is OP (esp the Scarab) could be a problem.

I’ll admit that having a terrain editor like Far Cry’s would be pretty sweet but then we’d probably be talking about having a whole nother disc just for Forge. And while I’m perfectly okay with that and would be willing to pay more for said disc to be included I imagine it could be hard to sell to the guys at Microsoft.

These are just a few ideas I’ve had rattling around in my head whilst playing various game-modes in Reach.

Well adding an Elephant and transport Hog would be nice lol. Perhaps raising the credit limit would help too.