Make flood a playable team - Halo Wars 2

Make flood a playable dlc/team to play, seen viable structures and units in campaign,
Thought they would’ve added them to play as they’ve been in the halo games since beginning

1 Like

Yes I would love so much a faction knowing that the last Dlc that left me on my side (an infinity sequel? I hope) in Halo wars 1 if we notice the different types of colonies, the units (and on can see their abilities) on may think that the units could have come about, everything can stick to a parasitic base and its forms of corruption, halo wars 2 side, we could combine this, even for the hero (abominiation) sorry for the name it is translated from my version FR , I’d love this kind of characters to fill our characters

I hope they can do that as maybe an Anniversary Update or something, that’d be cool I think.

I would SO love this, I honestly thought they would add that option with the DLC add on. Maybe as a reward for beating the campaign or something. Missed opportunity IMO

Prometheans - as we’ve seen concept art from - would be a great faction as well!

1 Like

> 2535440054663174;1:
> Make flood a playable dlc/team to play, seen viable structures and units in campaign,
> Thought they would’ve added them to play as they’ve been in the halo games since beginning

I love this idea! I haven’t played Halo Wars in a hot minute, but this would surely encourage me to fire the game up and play it. Playing as the flood would be super fun.

> 2535408313671628;3:
> I hope they can do that as maybe an Anniversary Update or something, that’d be cool I think.

An anniversary update would be a great time. Nice idea!

I would like to play as a Flood faction in a future HW2 update or even a Halo Wars 3. Here’s how I would do it:

1. As the Flood are a hive-mind, they wouldn’t use Leaders like the Spirit of Fire and Banished. Instead they would use eight “Strains” that, like Leaders, come with their own powers & units.
  2. Almost all of them would use the Abomination as their Super Unit.
  3. Some are actually guest-stars from other franchises that fit the Flood mold (though I’m only really attached to one while the others can be replaced if I come up with new Flood Strains).
  4. Infection Forms are available from the start and can be created for free (much like Yapyap THE DESTROYER’s Cannon Fodder)

Now here are my rough ideas for the actual Flood Strains:

1. UNSC Strain: uses infested Spirit of Fire units & buildings, including those that were cut from AtN. Hero Unit: Infected Spartan (from Halo 4)
  2. Banished Strain: uses infested Banished units & buildings, including cut AtN units. Hero Unit: Infested Chieftain
  3. Etron 0459 Strain: Uses units & structures from the original Halo Wars. Does use HW2 units but only where necessary; HW1 units take priority. Hero Unit: ?
  4. Pure Strain: Uses pure Flood forms & structures. List of units includes those cut from Halo 3 to fill out the ranks. Can acquire infected units via Infection Forms but can’t produce them directly like others. Hero Unit: Flood Juggernaut.
  5. Zerg Strain: Guest-star Strain from StarCraft. Uses units & structures from StarCraft & Brood War with some Flood units to fill in any gaps. Super Unit: Ultralisk (replaces Abomination). Hero Units (uses two, much like Decimus): Queen and Defiler. Unique gameplay mechanic: certain Zerg Strain powers are only available when one of the two Hero Units is on the field.
  6. Necromorph Strain: Guest-star Strain from Dead Space series. Admittedly I never played the games so there’s still quite a bit I don’t know about them. I’ll leave all of that to those who know more.
  7. Typhon Strain: Guest-star Strain from Prey. Uses units from that game with Mimics replacing Infection Forms. Hero Unit: Nightmare
  8. Hellspawn Strain: Guest-star Strain from Doom series. Uses units from that series with recent entries getting priority. Super Units (uses two, like Anders): Cyberdemon and Spider-Mastermind. Hero Unit: ?

That’s it. I do have a vague idea for a “Logic Plague” Strain but I haven’t worked any of it out yet.

1 Like