Make fireteams match fireteams in BTB

Teams should only match teams so games are not lopsided.

Discuss.

Not a bad idea at all. Implement that in warzone also once they add in 12 man fireteams again.

> 2533274798310573;2:
> Not a bad idea at all. Implement that in warzone also once they add in 12 man fireteams again.

I’ve suggested the idea multiple times and that’s how it was in Halo 2 all the way to Halo Reach, party matching is a must for any video game with matchmaking.

A video talking about parties matching parties.

I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.

> 2533274794819994;4:
> I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.

Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.

> 2533274809464609;5:
> > 2533274794819994;4:
> > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
>
> Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.

Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…

> 2533274794819994;6:
> > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> >
> > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
>
> Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…

Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.

> 2533274809464609;7:
> > 2533274794819994;6:
> > > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> > >
> > > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
> >
> > Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…
>
> Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.

But if I’m playing BTB with a team of 6, we will inevitably require 2 more people…I think they do prioritize it but as you said I believe it is mainly a population issue and it doesn’t help that 343 have spread the population so thinly across all the silly playlists and the addition of WZ etc.

> 2533274794819994;8:
> > 2533274809464609;7:
> > > 2533274794819994;6:
> > > > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> > > >
> > > > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
> > >
> > > Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…
> >
> > Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.
>
> But if I’m playing BTB with a team of 6, we will inevitably require 2 more people…I think they do prioritize it but as you said I believe it is mainly a population issue and it doesn’t help that 343 have spread the population so thinly across all the silly playlists and the addition of WZ etc.

If another team is searching in 6s and above it should just lock in at the minimum of 6v6, if you’re searching with 7 you match another team of 7 it locks in at that and same for people searching full 8 man lobbies. So have it lock in at 6v6, 7v7 and max at 8v8. Then if you’re searching with a team of 4 in BTB this would how the teams would be Red Team team of 4 with 4 randoms and Blue Team team of 4 with 4 randoms. I said the population plays a part in MMR with team matching however you could just have party / team matching and the games matchmaking would be perfectly fine instead of it being a lopsided mess like how the game is currently.

> 2533274809464609;9:
> > 2533274794819994;8:
> > > 2533274809464609;7:
> > > > 2533274794819994;6:
> > > > > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > > > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > > > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> > > > >
> > > > > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
> > > >
> > > > Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…
> > >
> > > Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.
> >
> > But if I’m playing BTB with a team of 6, we will inevitably require 2 more people…I think they do prioritize it but as you said I believe it is mainly a population issue and it doesn’t help that 343 have spread the population so thinly across all the silly playlists and the addition of WZ etc.
>
> If another team is searching in 6s and above it should just lock in at the minimum of 6v6, if you’re searching with 7 you match another team of 7 it locks in at that and same for people searching full 8 man lobbies. So have it lock in at 6v6, 7v7 and max at 8v8. Then if you’re searching with a team of 4 in BTB this would how the teams would be Red Team team of 4 with 4 randoms and Blue Team team of 4 with 4 randoms. I said the population plays a part in MMR with team matching however you could just have party / team matching and the games matchmaking would be perfectly fine instead of it being a lopsided mess like how the game is currently.

I think you would run into population issues like that. There are only so many 6 man or 7 man or 8 man teams playing at once, to not match any of those teams against each-other would limit the population available to play with severely. Not to mention you would end up playing the same people over and over again.

> 2533274794819994;10:
> > 2533274809464609;9:
> > > 2533274794819994;8:
> > > > 2533274809464609;7:
> > > > > 2533274794819994;6:
> > > > > > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > > > > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
> > > > >
> > > > > Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…
> > > >
> > > > Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.
> > >
> > > But if I’m playing BTB with a team of 6, we will inevitably require 2 more people…I think they do prioritize it but as you said I believe it is mainly a population issue and it doesn’t help that 343 have spread the population so thinly across all the silly playlists and the addition of WZ etc.
> >
> > If another team is searching in 6s and above it should just lock in at the minimum of 6v6, if you’re searching with 7 you match another team of 7 it locks in at that and same for people searching full 8 man lobbies. So have it lock in at 6v6, 7v7 and max at 8v8. Then if you’re searching with a team of 4 in BTB this would how the teams would be Red Team team of 4 with 4 randoms and Blue Team team of 4 with 4 randoms. I said the population plays a part in MMR with team matching however you could just have party / team matching and the games matchmaking would be perfectly fine instead of it being a lopsided mess like how the game is currently.
>
> I think you would run into population issues like that. There are only so many 6 man or 7 man or 8 man teams playing at once, to not match any of those teams against each-other would limit the population available to play with severely. Not to mention you would end up playing the same people over and over again.

I would much rather play the same teams over and over again just for the sake of playing against other teams in BTB. And I would honestly wait in the searching Q for 5 minutes with my team to match another team of people partied up. I’d much rather wait the 5 minutes out then playing CTF games that are us winning 3-0 in under 3 minutes, Team Slayer games being 100-3 or Stronghold games being 150-0 in 4 minutes. I don’t mean to repeat myself over and over but its all about fair matchmaking compared to anything else, 5 minutes of waiting isn’t going to kill me or the people I’m playing with to play another team of 8 in the playlist.

> 2533274809464609;11:
> > 2533274794819994;10:
> > > 2533274809464609;9:
> > > > 2533274794819994;8:
> > > > > 2533274809464609;7:
> > > > > > 2533274794819994;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274809464609;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274794819994;4:
> > > > > > > > I just want ranked. I believe that teams do match teams more often than not.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Ranked wouldn’t work, however just making teams match teams is the best solution. The population wouldn’t be able to support team matching with MMR in matchmaking.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Team do match teams for the most part I believe. There are just only so many teams out there…
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes teams will match teams however teams shouldn’t be matching people that are searching solo, searching in 2s, etc. Teams will match teams however it’s not prioritized in matchmaking which is really should be a priority and there are actually a decent amount of teams that search BTB in full 8 man lobbies and same for even when Warzone had 12 man searching. The problem is its not prioritized.
> > > >
> > > > But if I’m playing BTB with a team of 6, we will inevitably require 2 more people…I think they do prioritize it but as you said I believe it is mainly a population issue and it doesn’t help that 343 have spread the population so thinly across all the silly playlists and the addition of WZ etc.
> > >
> > > If another team is searching in 6s and above it should just lock in at the minimum of 6v6, if you’re searching with 7 you match another team of 7 it locks in at that and same for people searching full 8 man lobbies. So have it lock in at 6v6, 7v7 and max at 8v8. Then if you’re searching with a team of 4 in BTB this would how the teams would be Red Team team of 4 with 4 randoms and Blue Team team of 4 with 4 randoms. I said the population plays a part in MMR with team matching however you could just have party / team matching and the games matchmaking would be perfectly fine instead of it being a lopsided mess like how the game is currently.
> >
> > I think you would run into population issues like that. There are only so many 6 man or 7 man or 8 man teams playing at once, to not match any of those teams against each-other would limit the population available to play with severely. Not to mention you would end up playing the same people over and over again.
>
> I would much rather play the same teams over and over again just for the sake of playing against other teams in BTB. And I would honestly wait in the searching Q for 5 minutes with my team to match another team of people partied up. I’d much rather wait the 5 minutes out then playing CTF games that are us winning 3-0 in under 3 minutes, Team Slayer games being 100-3 or Stronghold games being 150-0 in 4 minutes. I don’t mean to repeat myself over and over but its all about fair matchmaking compared to anything else, 5 minutes of waiting isn’t going to kill me or the people I’m playing with to play another team of 8 in the playlist.

Yeah, but not everyone has the time that you have…some of us can’t/won’t sit around waiting 5 minutes for every game. If I had to wait 5+ minutes for every game I might only get 5 games in when I get home from work instead of 10. And I would much rather play 10. Unfortunately you are the minority as an SR151 with a seriously powerful and committed squad…they can’t cater to you…you have to come up with a solution that works for everyone.

If you think that Dominated is going to have “fair” matchmaking ever in BTB i think your sadly mistaken. You have over 6 years of gameplay between the 73 of you…You guys probably have on average at least 2x the amount of time in the game as your competition. And im not trying to knock you or anything, i wish I could play that much…most people just cant.

If you ever wanna set up a scrim against my company we should set it up, honestly those are the games we have the most fun playing…

5 Minutes isn’t really a long time for a semi fair match to be honest, there are games out there that have way longer searching times that are more alive then Halo 5 such as Overwatch and other games. As for reaching a high SR rank anyone can get a high SR rank and not even be good at the game, its just a progression rank at the end of the day showing how much more you play compared to others. And I get that we’re a very small niche of people wanting this however I’m not just looking out for my best interest when it comes to my matchmaking experience I’m looking out for everyone and trying to suggest my best ideas for matchmaking preferences.

And yeah just send me a message on Xbox if you ever wanna try to get it setup my GT is stephenrg95

> 2533274809464609;13:
> 5 Minutes isn’t really a long time for a semi fair match to be honest, there are games out there that have way longer searching times that are more alive then Halo 5 such as Overwatch and other games. As for reaching a high SR rank anyone can get a high SR rank and not even be good at the game, its just a progression rank at the end of the day showing how much more you play compared to others. And I get that we’re a very small niche of people wanting this however I’m not just looking out for my best interest when it comes to my matchmaking experience I’m looking out for everyone and trying to suggest my best ideas for matchmaking preferences.
>
> And yeah just send me a message on Xbox if you ever wanna try to get it setup my GT is stephenrg95

To some people who may only get to play for an hour a night 5 minutes can be a long wait time, especially if it was every game, that about a 33% increase and nothing to brush off. Thing is most people would love to be in your shoes. And we’re both trying to recommend improvements/solutions. I understand how the ranking system works lol, but when you’ve played twice as much as most people, you tend to know more about maps, spawn control etc, that is the point I’m making there. I don’t think your ideas are bad, either, I just don’t think the populations and general halo public can handle them. I’d wouldn’t have an issue with it if i didnt feel my concerns weren’t legitimate.

Make teams match teams please

This maybe a little off topic but it’s really sad there are a decent amount of teams that actually search the playlist and they always try to avoid us at all cost. We literally all have to appear offline and constantly changing are emblems & colors so teams will not dodge us. Cause when we all use to rock are regular emblems and color schemes everyone would realized they matched me and my friends an they would just bounce. But even now it’s awful, they just quit when they see are names or if they don’t get a good start on us they just leave…

Example 1 / Example 2 / Example 3

And it’s funny if you look at there game history they’ll stat everyone out in CTF but when they actually get a challenge they just dip, this is what Halo has really boiled down too… Sad sad sad.

Teams should match teams simple as that

Locking in favor of this topic: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/343-make-team-matching-in-warzone-a-priority/96d96d53-f9c7-4dbf-bdab-50ff5334dafe/posts?page=1