Make CSR Visible In Game

I am a die hard Halo fan ever since Halo CE. Halo is the only FPS i commit myself to. Halo is a unique game from the other FPS’s. It takes real skill to play(not like those other shooters) and everyone starts as a noob and progresses and gets better.

People don’t have time to check Halo Waypoint and check there CSR. I’m just not going to check my iPhone or my MacBook Pro after every game just to see what updated on my CSR. Some people don’t have these accessories, and the only way for them to check is to exit Halo 4 and check Waypoint through the Xbox.

343 industries all I am asking for is to simply put a visible CSR in the picture of my spartan when u sit in the lobby. Why must you be anti-competitve when it comes to inside of the game?

343 you need to man up and admit to your recent mistakes. Halo 4’s population is decreasing fast. Some people don’t even know there is even a CSR right now, because nothing new happend in game. Not even a message informing you.

I know you want the campaign to tie into the multiplayer but this just isn’t a good idea. I highly suggest for Halo 5 you split the room. One dedicated to multiplayer and one dedicated to campaign.(If 343 ever reads this, I highly dought it.) Don’t get me wrong, I love campaign. I’ve beaten every game known to existence solo legendary.

Please 343. Do the right thing for once. Do it for the competitive community. It’s easy, just add a Social playlist and Competitive playlist just like Halo 3 had. That way both sides of the community can get along together.

343, if you do what I asked, the community will be satisfied until the release of Halo 5.

If you are from 343 Industries please respond to my post and not just read it.

Thank you for reading and posting.

1. 343 will not respond .
  2. They gave you CSR as it it for now.
  3. Who knows they may make it visible but for now be grateful.

Plus if CSR works as intended you know your opponents are going to be +/- 1 from whatever you are so why the need for the number right there ?

Agreed.

The second poll is a trick question.

No answer is viable.

@ road

they say stuff at panels about what the community wanted but really it what they wanted, not the community.

Certain parts of the community want different things.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t listening, its just who they are listening to.

Why is having the CSR in game so important?

The only reason I can think of is to make trash talk more accessible. “I’m a 50 and you’re not thumbnose

If you enter a lobby, are you going to play differently if the lobby is full of 1s? If so, I probably wouldn’t want you on my team. You should be playing to win - not giving up because the lobby is stacked, or phoning it in because of the opposite.

Matchmaking is still (and always has been) using TrueSkill to match you against other players. Not CSR.

The ‘competive community’ don’t need a number to tell them how well they are doing.

its not about the people being the same as me, its the fact that i want to know what range im in and I dont want to check waypoint every second.

@Furiousn00b

You cant trash talk to your opponents. You can only talk to your own team when your in the lobby.

I noticed a while ago if you see someone with a mic or a party bubble before they show whos team is who, they are on ur team. You never ever see the other team have mics or party bubbles. The only time you can talk to the other team is after the game ends.

Try it if you don’t believe me.

@road they are listening to the wrong part of the community, this is why Halo is in decline. You cant argue with that.

The majority of the community are being let down by 343 not listening to them.

> @Furiousn00b
>
> You cant trash talk to your opponents. You can only talk to your own team when your in the lobby.
>
> I noticed a while ago if you see someone with a mic or a party bubble before they show whos team is who, they are on ur team. You never ever see the other team have mics or party bubbles. The only time you can talk to the other team is after the game ends.
>
> Try it if you don’t believe me.

You can talk to anyone you like pre-game (before team selection) and similarly post-game. I do it all the time.

You’ve never heard the team you just beat rage? You’re missing out.

Still, that is beside the point. Why do you want CSR in game?

@Furiousn00b

you cant talk to the other team when your voting for maps. Only after the match, and if you beat someone who is a so called level “50” and after the game he cant talk trash cause you just won. Your points are invalid.

and visible CSR in game = Halo population increase

> Your points are invalid.

Great. So the only possible reason I could think of for in game CSR is now invalid.

Please. Tell me why you want it.

@Furiousn00b

read my OP.

> @road they are listening to the wrong part of the community, this is why Halo is in decline. You cant argue with that.
>
> The majority of the community are being let down by 343 not listening to them.

So I’m the wrong part of the community, thanks.

@road

you dont have to be, you can support and tell 343 to split the community and make everyone satisfied by adding a Social and Competitive playlists. Why must only one group (which is small no offence) only be happy?

> read my OP.

> … <mark>People don’t have time to check Halo Waypoint and check there CSR. I’m just not going to check my iPhone or my MacBook Pro after every game just to see what updated on my CSR</mark> …

You’re not supposed to check it after every game. It is a reflection of aggregate data, it’s not supposed to be momentary.

If you move up or down after a single match, how does make a difference and why?

Checking after a number of games would make more sense, because it reflects what your skill is actually heading towards - be this up, or down.

If you dropped a CSR point and then stop playing - how is this good for the population again?

@Furiousn00b

Number changes can happen at anytime without knowing. Its better to have it in game instead of wasting time going on Waypoint just to check your current state.

csr is just fine how it is, it gets the job done and shows you your skill in comparison to your friends and that second poll questions is extremely biased and i cannot take that question seriously.

csr in game isn’t going to make halo 4 better. it will just promote taunting and bragging. if you care about your skill rank sooo much you can easily just check your halo 4 stats after every game. if you care, take the time.

I’m inclined to agree with Noob and Sorny. If CSR rank means that much to you as an individual you wont find it a bother to take 4 seconds to load your Halo 4 stats page every 3-4 games to see how it’s progressing.

Noob has a point about it being a reflection of accumulated data patterns over a period of time.