Make Covenant Weapons Superior to the UNSC's

Instead of having Unsc weapons all be better in almost every aspect make the Covenant and Forerunner weapons slightly better. Since personal loadouts are most likely being removed, make the alien weapons more advanced than the human counterparts. They would be stronger meaning there would actually be a reason to use them. They wouldn’t be stronger than power weapons but they would be more effective against human starting weapons.
I think that it would add more variety to the weapons and make it more believable that the Covenant and Forerunner are more advanced than the humans

What do you think?

They are. Human weapons are meant to cut flesh and armor, not energy shields like covenant tech, and not cut through anything like forerunner.

Things are good as they are I think. Humans and Covenant have both achieved Tier 2 technologically. While the human’s weapons may have been subpar at the beginning of the war many advancements have been made. The Forerunner’s achieved Tier 1 and I believe their weapons reflect that well enough.

> Since personal loadouts are most likely being removed,

And what even remotely gave that idea?

> What do you think?

No.

I like being able to pick which starting weapon I want and tailoring my loadouts to specific needs and situations.

I have to disagree with you. Making Covenant weapons stronger would go reduce the UNSC weapons to uselessness.

In the end, gameplay is far more important than realism, wouldn’t you agree?

No I don’t mean make the unsc weapons useless, but rather make it so there is an actual reason to pick up a covenant weapon. Most likely the starting weapon would be human and so you could look for a stronger covenant weapon instead of starting with one that is weaker than the human counterparts.

> No I don’t mean make the unsc weapons useless, but rather make it so there is an actual reason to pick up a covenant weapon. Most likely the starting weapon would be human and so you could look for a stronger covenant weapon instead of starting with one that is weaker than the human counterparts.

There’s always been reasons to pick up Covenant weapons over UNSC ones. They offer different ways to play, are stronger against shields than their human counterparts, or just offer variety.

I did always find it odd that the human weapons such as the Scorpion, Hornet, battle rifle, etc were better than their Covenant counterparts. But, I see no point in changing the way they work now. We’ve already gotten used to their differing roles in combat, and changing that would just be unnecessary now. It’s not too late with the Promethean weapons, though. If you ask me, they could use more upgrades.

> Since personal loadouts are most likely being removed

Says who?

> > Since personal loadouts are most likely being removed
>
> Says who?

I think he’s assuming Infinity will not return, due to the hate it received.

> > > Since personal loadouts are most likely being removed
> >
> > Says who?
>
> I think he’s assuming Infinity will not return, due to the hate it received.

I hope it does’t come back, but I will be surprised if loadouts don’t return to at least let you pick your preferred precision or automatic.

Personal loadouts are most likely not coming back because a lot of people didn’t like them. I think they are fine but the ability to equip super strong grenades, weapons, perks, and aas needs to be looked at. For example vehicles are borderline useless because of plasma grenades and plasma pistols.

> Personal loadouts are most likely not coming back because a lot of people didn’t like them. I think they are fine but the ability to equip super strong grenades, weapons, perks, and aas needs to be looked at. For example vehicles are borderline useless because of plasma grenades and plasma pistols.

Which is why i’m guessing loadouts are coming back. I don’t think anyone really objects to being able to choose between an assault rifle and a storm rifle.

> Personal loadouts are most likely not coming back because a lot of people didn’t like them. I think they are fine but the ability to equip super strong grenades, weapons, perks, and aas needs to be looked at. For example vehicles are borderline useless because of plasma grenades and plasma pistols.

I’m afraid you are going to be sadly disappointed OP. Personally, I would be shocked if 343 removed loadouts entirely. That would be a very radical thing to do.

And thus thy thread hath morphed into an argument of Loadouts.

On-Topic…

Gameplay =/= Canon. The reason on why Covenant Weapons aren’t stronger than their UNSC/Forerunner counterparts is due to them having a different niche in combat instead.

The Covenant Weapons are more effective against shielding than armor, and vise versa for Human ones. However, I am struggling to locate the Forerunner Weapons combat niche, I guess they are as redundant in function as they are in design. (cough UNSC reskins Cough)

> However, I am struggling to locate the Forerunner Weapons combat niche, I guess they are as redundant in function as they are in design. (cough UNSC reskins Cough)

Equally good against everything.

> > However, I am struggling to locate the Forerunner Weapons combat niche, I guess they are as redundant in function as they are in design. (cough UNSC reskins Cough)
>
> Equally good against everything.

Exactly. That is why I love them. Strip shields, tear through flesh. So they are not actually redundant, they have purpose.

Without a doubt yes.

I know Spartan armor is meant to have high plasma resistance but that is compared to ODST armor and standard armor. They still can get wrecked by it easily.

If anything give Covenant weapons damage over time with the plasma radiation and splash damage. They need to feel like how they are told in the books. Not just side weapons.

Also Forerunner weapons should be sort of like mini power weapons but rare.

Make the suppressors shake the target and throw them back.

Have the LR dominate in range combat if scoped and mid if they aren’t

The boltshot is already powerful up close but what i’m getting at is, make the the advance aliens look and feel like advance aliens rather than giving them armor that looks like they got it from a galactic thrift store.

Human weapons cut through shields as easily as the covenant ones…
So they are better ak killing without shields and almost equal at taking down shields. they even do more damage to vehicles making them superior in every aspect

> They are. Human weapons are meant to cut flesh and armor, not energy shields like covenant tech, and not cut through anything like forerunner.

Back in Halo CE and I think Halo 2, I didn’t poke around in the tag data that made up Halo 2 maps, but Halo Custom Edition I did a lot. But that is beside the point, back in Halo CE, Human Weapons had their uses, they was great for flesh, once you cut through shields, armor and flesh alike didn’t last long toward them. covie weapons on the other hand, was great for sucking shield life, and giving players a little stun in some cases, which was part of the reason back in Halo PC/Custom Edition days, my weapon of choice was the Plasma Rifle, you hit a person, and they slow down in their tracks every time a plasma bolt hits them.