Make CEA free for owners of Halo CE

Or owners of the Legendary Halo Reach. Or people who own it on GoD, or have a PC key that was redeemed at least 4 or 5 years ago.
I just see this as a addon, that would have been free to players. Not a $40 package. Unless I see a different features being added, ill keep playing my CE on GoD or on the box I still own. Graphics<Gameplay. Achievements<Gameplay. Ive got CE for PC and I bought my second Xbox copy on GoD.

How you handle this and the TU1 will determine if I will support you with your other Halo games.

is 40$ that much to you? how would they make any money off this? EVERY bought bought halo 10 years ago

Never hurts to ask I guess right? haha

Anyway, $40 seems pretty fair.

40 bucks. You get the original (typically new, about a $20 game.) new (since it is a graphical redux, I’d say $20) and 7 multiplayer maps (maps are roughly $10 for 3-4 maps. In essence, we are getting 2 Halo map packs. 2 packs @$10/each goes $20) That’s a better deal than ODST. Around 60 bucks worth of content for 40. Not a bad deal at all. :slight_smile:

Ultimately, the choice to purchase the product is your’s to make. But don’t be ignorant and cheap.

That’s not fair. Then they wouldn’t get any money because everyone would be scrambling for a copy of CE. And because Bungie “lied” about how limited the Legendary edition would be, there are still a lot of them and now they are even cheaper (79.99). So, no. Make people pay for it. I have $40.

I’d say this is a pipe dream, and has no hopes of coming to fruition. That being said I am wondering if you have done some actual research into what the CEA will entail.

One of the big draws for me is the fact that we will be able to find Terminals that will give us insight into the possible storyline for H4. Now I know these will ultimately be revealed on random sites on the internet, but I relish in the task of finding these on my own and being the one of first discovery in my own little universe.

Second, as was mentioned by aVeryEasyTarget the MM maps that will be included are an added feature that pays for itself. So in the end I hope you change your mind, and if not, well…

Come on man…The Flood…in HD!!! Who doesn’t want that!!!

or get a job :), 40 dollars is a fair price and you should be lucky it’s not 60

> Or owners of the Legendary Halo Reach. Or people who own it on GoD, or have a PC key that was redeemed at least 4 or 5 years ago.
> I just see this as a addon, that would have been free to players. Not a $40 package. Unless I see a different features being added, ill keep playing my CE on GoD or on the box I still own. Graphics<Gameplay. Achievements<Gameplay. Ive got CE for PC and I bought my second Xbox copy on GoD.
>
> How you handle this and the TU1 will determine if I will support you with your other Halo games.

It’s not the same Halo as before. Yes, it’s the same gameplay mechanics with a new graphics layer, but there is new story content, XBL Co-op, and 6 multiplayer maps and 1 firefight map for Halo Reach. All that for $40. If you don’t want it, that’s fine, but to say that people who bought the game in another form should get CEA for free is ridiculous. It’s like saying that anyone who bought CE is 2001 should have gotten Halo PC for free.

I have enough disposable income that buying this game wouldn’t be an issue. Im just saying, for the features they are offering, it should be a free add-on or DLC. No reason this should be $40. Yes, I will probably end up buying it. Just because of my fanboyism. I am just voicing my displeasure at it. It is nothing more then my opinion.

This forum has the same issue as the GFWL forums. Posts sometimes do not go through or I get error messages.

> I have enough disposable income that buying this game wouldn’t be an issue. Im just saying, for the features they are offering, it should be a free add-on or DLC. No reason this should be $40. Yes, I will probably end up buying it. Just because of my fanboyism. I am just voicing my displeasure at it. It is nothing more then my opinion.
>
>
>
> This forum has the same issue as the GFWL forums. Posts sometimes do not go through or I get error messages.

This is microsoft we are talking about not valve, why would they let the game that brings in a large amount of money to be free? 40 dollars is better than ODST being 60 which is funny because halo CE (even without the additions) is worth 60 dollars alone

Halo CE Anniversary is a product that a great number of people have spent a great deal of time working on. Like it or not, people and time are not free.

If you want to replay Halo CE for free, then play the copy of Halo CE that you already own. :slight_smile:

One word:

No.

> Come on man…The Flood…in HD!!! Who doesn’t want that!!!

lol captain keyes, thats who

> > Come on man…The Flood…in HD!!! Who doesn’t want that!!!
>
> lol captain keyes, thats who

LOL

Anyway, 40 bucks isn’t that big of a deal. I find the price to be appropriate.

it gots tons of new features, terminals, new H:R maps…

It was actually just a matter of time before the first “HCEA should be free” thread appeared, sadly. Cheapskates and kids with too little allowance are everywhere these days…

> > Come on man…The Flood…in HD!!! Who doesn’t want that!!!
>
> lol captain keyes, thats who

ROFL!!! That was good.

People don’t work for free, you have to think of the guys who are working hard to bring this game to you! Plus pretty much everybody has Halo CE.

These people work hard on a game they didn’t even HAVE to remake. They have to pay hundreds of employees every week.(Im not sure every week maybe every month in large sums)They are updating the graphics, making so that you can switch between new and old graphics, and CHANGING ALOT of stuff.