Make BTS it's own playlist

For those of you who may not know, Big Team Slayer is a game type within the Big Team Infinity Slayer playlist. There are preset loadouts (different primary weapons, magnum, frags, resupply, explosives) and no personal ordnance. In other words, it is Big Team Legendary Slayer that some on the forums have been asking for. Unfortunately for those who want to play it, there are 2 other gametypes in the playlist, and most remaining players prefer Infinity, so it doesn’t get picked often. I think 343 should make its own playlist so the “traditional” fans that want to play it can just do it without risk of getting Infinity Slayer.

Hell to the Yes
play some Ragnarock, Legendary Slayer Settings… It’ll be halo 3 all over again… not sure if that’s such a good thing though 0-0

> Hell to the Yes
> play some Ragnarock, Legendary Slayer Settings… It’ll be halo 3 all over again… not sure if that’s such a good thing though 0-0

It’s a great thing :slight_smile:

As much as I like legendary slayer, ragnarok is a horrible map and there is no cover.

> > Hell to the Yes
> > play some Ragnarock, Legendary Slayer Settings… It’ll be halo 3 all over again… not sure if that’s such a good thing though 0-0
>
> It’s a great thing :slight_smile:

I was being sarcastic, I felt halo 3 had pretty mediocre BTS and bringing it back in Halo 4 wont help…

mediocore? no, it had better maps and more than one flying vehicle aka falcon. and maps also could support multiple tanks. it was some of the best because vehicles were actually viable instead of having to have a perk to avoid dmr death.

So you want 3 big team playlists on a game with a population that can barely hit 30k? lol If anything “pro” needs to stay and objective needs to be added.

> mediocore? no, it had better maps and more than one flying vehicle aka falcon. and maps also could support multiple tanks. it was some of the best because vehicles were actually viable instead of having to have a perk to avoid dmr death.

1. You mean the hornet, which was only on avalanche.
  2. The maps couldn’t really support multiple tanks, bungie just didn’t know any better.
  3. Well, 3 did have the choppa’ so you are totally right about it being some of the best BTB out there. That said it was best for choppa’s and the like and not so much infantry. Depending on where your priorities are H3 could be anywhere on the spectrum of quality.

In ANY case though, can we stop it with these requests for single gametype playlists? Regardless of how good something may be it can’t possibly hold up under repetitive play. You need variety, you need spice, to break up the tedium of whatever it is you’re playing else it just becomes a brain-melting grinding session. IE. you need MULTIPLE different gametypes to support ANY playlist.

> So you want 3 big team playlists on a game with a population that can barely hit 30k? lol If anything “pro” needs to stay and objective needs to be added.

If we want population not to drop, that’s actually the worst thing which could happen to BTIS. I want pure Big Team <mark>Infinity</mark> Slayer playlist, so I’m for separation!

Of course you do you play nothing but infinity. Quit being selfish and try looking at the big picture for once. For those of us wanting to play objective and/or “pro” the search times would be extremely long.

> Of course you do you play nothing but infinity. Quit being selfish and try looking at the big picture for once. For those of us wanting to play objective and/or “pro” the search times would be extremely long.

Yeah, let’s scare all selfish people away. Let’s see what’s left of Halo’s population then…

Please…it would have very little effect if any.

> Please…it would have very little effect if any.

BTIS instantly lost 1000 players on week-too-week comparision just by adding Pro settings (from around 9000 people in peak to around 8000 week later). It recovered after weapon’s tuning (since overpowered DMR was clearly an issue in here), but no thanks to adding another gametype. If you want to add more less popular gametypes, from less popular playlists, then those who wouldn’t mind are the people who are playing these playlists. That means bringing down entire population.

I love Dominion gametype, but I would rather play it on it’s own playlist with 500 people than hit Halo 4 in it’s healthiest part.

OR BTSkirmish and BTIS could merge to create one giant Big Team battle playlist like every other Halo with online did…

> OR BTSkirmish and BTIS could merge to create one giant Big Team battle playlist like every other Halo with online did…

This is precisely what needs to happen, especially with the game having so little players. Baffles me they decided to split the playlists to begin with.

They’ve said in the past that they want to consolidate playlists, yet they split potentially the largest community in Halo 4? :confused:

> OR BTSkirmish and BTIS could merge to create one giant Big Team battle playlist like every other Halo with online did…

They need to do this but they NEED to make itso you cacan’t backout/quit in lobby with out it counting as a loss on Ur CSR

Otherwuse the quitting will get much worse but the answer to this low population is to but the BTB playlists together in to one…

The separate Big Team Objective playlist is the one thing that has brought me back to Halo 4.

If it was combined with the Infinity Slayer playlist then we would most likely end up what we had with Reach. The majority of Big Team players don’t usually want to vote for Objectives and when CTF finally does come up there is a good chance a lot of people will either quit or grief. It was very frustrating.

With Big Team Skirmish I have noticed a lot less griefing and more spontaneous teamwork than I’ve seen in years. I never wanted a separate Big Team playlist, but now that we have it I am pleasantly surprised.

> They’ve said in the past that they want to consolidate playlists, yet they split potentially the largest community in Halo 4? :confused:

They probably saw how stupid this “consolidate playlists” thing is and how it just hurting population more than it helps anything. Less popular gametypes should be putted to rest for some time, rather that putted into other playlists, where they’re even less popular.

Point is, we don’t need playlists with several thousand people to find these 7 or 15, with which we’ll be able to play smooth, lag-free match. Couple of hundred will do just as fine. Especially if these are the people who want to play this particular gametype, which we want to play as well.

If anything we need LESS playlists, not more

> If anything we need LESS playlists, not more

They said a while back consolidation was on the cards but they seemed to have just gone ahead and made more playlists since then. Don’t think they want to accept they need to consolidate playlists.