Make bolt shot like Halo CE Pistol

I like how 343 are treating the forerunner weapons as semi power weapon pick ups! A great way to further this would be to make the bolt shot a 3 shot to the head kill weapon, with minimal zoom though and still with the shot gun charge up. Thoughts?

it will never happen new players would hate it cause it needs skills even if it’s good idea

That would be awesome! I loved the CE pistols they were a my favorite weapon. But the bolt shot let me down when I first got it I was like hey this could be the next CE pistol but it was anything but . I liked the shot gun charge, but you have to be like 1 foot from your target , and you can charge the shot forever like you can the plasma. So I really hope they make the forerunner weapons better so its easier to kill the annoying knights.

That’s actually a really great and unique idea. Make it harder to use, but kill in 3 slower head shots, and still have the shotgun mechanic except changed a bit.

I would much rather never see the Boltshot again in a Halo game

As long as they take out the shotgun part, I’m fine.

If it’s not a spawn weapon what’s wrong with the shotgun part?

I was hoping for another EMP weapon, to be honest. I mean, the Plasma Pistol is supposed to be based on the Forerunner Boltshot, so I don’t get why the Plasma Pistol [inferior Covenant technology] is so much more useful.

But I like this idea of it being a ranged pistol/shotgun. If it’s going to be that powerful–three headshots to kill, then it either needs a long delay between shots or very limited magazine capacity or both.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> If it’s not a spawn weapon what’s wrong with the shotgun part?

Perhaps if it was a semi-power weapon. It was basically a one hit kill shotgun combined with the precision accuracy of a pistol. It was just a really cheap weapon. Seriously, no one even used the actual pistol mode in multiplayer. BR/Boltshot was the most OP class in Halo 4, and I would like to see some balancing in Halo 5. Maybe only one or two in a map.

Boltshot should never be in another halo game.

The Boltshot is a disgrace. It should never show it’s face again.

> 2533274880692195;8:
> I was hoping for another EMP weapon, to be honest. I mean, the Plasma Pistol is supposed to be based on the Forerunner Boltshot, so I don’t get why the Plasma Pistol [inferior Covenant technology] is so much more useful.
>
> But I like this idea of it being a ranged pistol/shotgun. If it’s going to be that powerful–three headshots to kill, then it either needs a long delay between shots or very limited magazine capacity or both.

False.
“Reverse-engineered from a Forerunner tool of indeterminate function, the design pattern was eventually standardized and blessed for full-scale replication as the Plasma Pistol”

The boltshot shots are more instantaneous than plasma pistol…

I’m not sure I want a CE pistol…

> 2533274880692195;8:
> I was hoping for another EMP weapon, to be honest. I mean, the Plasma Pistol is supposed to be based on the Forerunner Boltshot, so I don’t get why the Plasma Pistol [inferior Covenant technology] is so much more useful.

Can’t you get headhsots with the Boltshot? Also, how the heck is an EMP ultimately superior to a shotgun blast?

The Boltshot is totally more useful than the Plasma Pistol.

> 2533274867157068;9:
> > 2533274964189700;7:
> > If it’s not a spawn weapon what’s wrong with the shotgun part?
>
>
> Perhaps if it was a semi-power weapon. It was basically a one hit kill shotgun combined with the precision accuracy of a pistol. It was just a really cheap weapon. Seriously, no one even used the actual pistol mode in multiplayer. BR/Boltshot was the most OP class in Halo 4, and I would like to see some balancing in Halo 5. Maybe only one or two in a map.

From my understanding the light rifle is also a relatively rare weapon.

> 2533274809220485;12:
> > 2533274880692195;8:
> > I was hoping for another EMP weapon, to be honest. I mean, the Plasma Pistol is supposed to be based on the Forerunner Boltshot, so I don’t get why the Plasma Pistol [inferior Covenant technology] is so much more useful.
> >
> > But I like this idea of it being a ranged pistol/shotgun. If it’s going to be that powerful–three headshots to kill, then it either needs a long delay between shots or very limited magazine capacity or both.
>
>
>
>
> False. “Reverse-engineered from a Forerunner tool of indeterminate function, the design pattern was eventually standardized and blessed for full-scale replication as the Plasma Pistol” The boltshot shots are more instantaneous than plasma pistol…I’m not sure I want a CE pistol…

Well, derp.
I was misled by the fact that the Plasma Pistol is the Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol which can be overcharged and the Boltshot is the Z-110 Directed Energy Pistol/Exotic and can also be overcharged. I also seem to remember that the Covenant had a ton of trouble activating any sort of Forerunner technology without human help anyway. They’re even similar sizes and shapes.

…?
Hang on a minute. That just means that the “Forerunner tool of indeterminate function” could have actually had a function–like being a weapon–like the Boltshot.

> Can’t you get headhsots with the Boltshot? Also, how the heck is an EMP ultimately superior to a shotgun blast?The Boltshot is totally more useful than the Plasma Pistol.

The Plasma Pistol has an overcharged shot which tracks its target at range, can instantly deplete enemy shields due to the extreme heat, and the EMP effect can disable vehicles. The standard firing mode is also as fast as you can pull the trigger, and works wonders against shields, but is less effective against armour. It also has 100 units of energy.

The Boltshot is short ranged weapon which can’t disable vehicles, and can’t fire a bolt which can track its target. Its alternate firing mode can kill a player if within 15 feet of that player. Its standard firing mode can kill an unshielded opponent with one shot to the head, but requires 10 shots to drain shields. Its magazine capacity is 10 shots [2 overcharged].

Overall, I’d say the plasma pistol is useful in far more situations than the Forerunner Boltshot.

> 2533274880692195;15:
> The Plasma Pistol has an overcharged shot which tracks its target at range, can instantly deplete enemy shields due to the extreme heat, and the EMP effect can disable vehicles. The standard firing mode is also as fast as you can pull the trigger, and works wonders against shields, but is less effective against armour. It also has 100 units of energy.
>
> The Boltshot is short ranged weapon which can’t disable vehicles, and can’t fire a bolt which can track its target. Its alternate firing mode can kill a player if within 15 feet of that player. Its standard firing mode can kill an unshielded opponent with one shot to the head, but requires 10 shots to drain shields. Its magazine capacity is 10 shots [2 overcharged].

Kill times don’t lie though. The Boltshot is still comes out on top in both short range and long range combat… It has faster projectiles, a scope function, AND a shotgun blast (that will still deplete the opponent’s shields beyond insta-kill range.)

I find it hard to believe the Plasma Pistol is better than something that needed patching due to brokenness…

> The standard firing mode is also as fast as you can pull the trigger, and works wonders against shields

Actually, the Boltshot has a higher rate of fire… The Plasma Pistol’s fire rate has been (*finite) since Halo Reach, making it slower than the Boltshot.

So, that’s not an advantage this time…

*(It doesn’t fire as quickly as you pull the trigger anymore, unless Halo 5 changes this.)

> Overall, I’d say the plasma pistol is useful in far more situations than the Forerunner Boltshot.

Our sample size is literally Halo 4.

Aside from disabling vehicles, I’d say the Boltshot’s strengths far outweigh the Plasma Pistol’s in that game.

> 2533274829432487;1:
> I like how 343 are treating the forerunner weapons as semi power weapon pick ups! A great way to further this would be to make the bolt shot a 3 shot to the head kill weapon, with minimal zoom though and still with the shot gun charge up. Thoughts?

Second worst idea ever behind the kid who said descope should have an option to turn it on and off.