Make a new forum

I don’t know what this forum would be called, but basically it would be for all the people that crowd up the H4 forum crying about how H4 has ruined Halo, it’s not H3, Halo is dead, and on and on and on… I’m talking about the people that haven’t accepted the game and in allot of cases these people haven’t even played the game and aren’t even educated about H4. The people that belong in the H4 forum are the people that play H4, have accepted H4 and offer input on it to better the game, because no, it’s definitely not perfect. The people that do not belong in the H4 forum are people that basically have the opinion that the only solution to fixing H4 is to have it not even be H4 (if you know what I mean). While allot of these people do have valid arguments and obviously lots to say, I feel it would be a good idea to consolidate this group of people into a forum because it is so out of hand when you are trying to search for topics that are actually constructive to H4 and all you see is people that clearly don’t even play the game and just complain cause it’s not H3 (blah blah blah). The thing is, is all these people that hate H4 have nowhere else to go, so they go to the H4 forum. Lets give them a place to go please, and sorry if this is being to brutally honest, but I am so sick and tired of seeing these posts and I’m guessing others are too, and yes, I know I’ve posted these things too, but I do try not to and that doesn’t change the fact that I think that stuff should be in a different forum, thanks.

This has been suggested over and over again, and never done.

Mostly because this is the Official Halo Forums, which is ran by 343i, and by doing what you’re suggesting would mean being judgemental to it’s fans, and acting against naysayers, thus -Yoink!- the community off.

Granted that threads of which people are complaining, whining, saying Halo is Dead, saying it’s not the Halo they want, that’s still feedback for 343i, and as long as they’re not breaking any of the rules, they can continue to do so without issue.

But if all they do is post saying “Halo is Dead”, and not give any reason why it’s dead, and details on why their opinion is Halo = Dead, their posts are more or less nothing but pointless spam.

Threads that contain structure, and details as to why a person’s opinion is how it is, are feedback, and can tell 343i what the community thinks of their work, and can adjust to attempt to please a larger percentage of the community.

One problem you will have is how do you keep them out of all other areas of the forum?

Just because someone doesn’t play doesn’t mean they don’t know what there talking about. I play but really don’t have the slightest clue on many aspects of the game and it is because of the supposed complainers that actually make me see things differently.

B.net had many more controversial topics and haters compared to Waypoint. Now B.net has become a cesspool of a place due to the extra areas that were allocated for others that don’t have anything better to talk about than the game unfortunately.

> Lets give them a place to go please, and sorry if this is being to brutally honest, but I am so sick and tired of seeing these posts and I’m guessing others are too, and yes, I know I’ve posted these things too, but I do try not to and that doesn’t change the fact that I think that stuff should be in a different forum, thanks.

You really aren’t being “brutally honest”, you’re just acting no better than the people you are complaining about. The Halo 4 Forum is for discussing Halo 4. Just because someone doesn’t like Halo 4’s core gameplay and features doesn’t mean they should be barred from discussing. So what if they suggest making Halo 4 closer to Halo 2/3/whatever? That isn’t an inherently bad thing.

You can have Infinity and you can have a more traditional experience. 343 Industries has tried to find a good balance and I wish them luck. Yeah, non-constructive topics suck, but there is no need for a new forum. The Monitors here do a nice job weeding out the bad posts, there are plenty of angry B.net posts whining about how oppressed until it is revealed how they were simply trolling, they are a testimony to that.

We all know that the H4 forum isn’t the best, but it’s there to discuss Halo 4, and for that, I like it. If you felt the need to take the time to make a thread ripping on those who don’t make constructive posts, aren’t you just wasting your own time? You don’t have to read the negative posts. It’s how you respond to the constructive ones that makes you a good, solid member of this community. If you think it makes you a better member to point out the flaws of the nonconstructive members of the forums, I’m sorry, but you’re wrong.

Are you suggesting that making a new Forum for the “nostalgia-filled haters” would benefit the community in any way? Are people who dislike Halo 4’s changes to gameplay lesser beings? Are their voices less important than those who praise Halo 4?

Is it a crime to speak out against something that you disagree with? Do those people need to be ‘confined’ in a sealed dungeon and have their opinions segregated from the other ones?

Any constructive argument is a welcomed one. It doesn’t matter what point that it gets across, as long as it isn’t spam or flame-bait. And our Moderators aren’t biased on what they edit, a nonconstructive post is a nonconstructive post… It doesn’t matter if it hates on Halo 4 or if it praises it.

Think about that the next time you want to ‘silence’ those who are only giving constructive feedback to 343i. It may occur to you that this Forum fosters freewill and individuality, and nothing here is maintained and/or moderated for business purposes.

It seems like some of you are making some assumptions from my post that aren’t true. I was merely making a suggestion for a new forum. People can and will say what they want and are free to do so, and I don’t have a problem with that whatsoever. It was just a suggestion to try to organize stuff, that’s all. Someone isn’t less of a person because they’re post belongs in a different forum. It seems only practical to group conversations together, which this site does already. I would hope that everybody would actually read my whole post and take it for what it is and nothing more. I swear, sometimes I feel like I have to write a disclaimer for every post I write.

> It seems like some of you are making some assumptions from my post that aren’t true. I was merely making a suggestion for a new forum. <mark>People can and will say what they want and are free to do so, and I don’t have a problem with that whatsoever.</mark> It was just a suggestion to try to organize stuff, that’s all. Someone isn’t less of a person because they’re post belongs in a different forum. It seems only practical to group conversations together, which this site does already. I would hope that everybody would actually read my whole post and take it for what it is and nothing more.

Then they can say it in the Halo 4 Forum. You even admit a lot of them have good arguments. And honestly, if they don’t play the game anymore and continue to post feedback, maybe they want to play the game and are suggesting ways to bring in people initially turned off. There is no point in making a forum dedicated for people who don’t like the game to post in when the Halo 4 forum is for all kinds of feedback, negative, positive, what have you. And if it is the “crying” and non-constructive stuff you are complaining about, it gets locked by the mods.

> I swear, sometimes I feel like I have to write a disclaimer for every post I write.

Being serious and not calling people who have opinions you don’t like “crying” might help that problem.

? May I make an assumption and say all that seem to be offended by my post would belong in this forum I speak of? I really mean no offence and to assume I do borders on paranoid delusion. I’m just an honest person and I say what I need to say to get my point across. Some people are just so sensitive and they think that if you don’t nestle their balls constantly and tell them everything is going to be alright, then they think you’re out to kill them, and that’s just not the case. Sorry if I offended anybody.

> It seems like some of you are making some assumptions from my post that aren’t true. I was merely making a suggestion for a new forum. People can and will say what they want and are free to do so, and I don’t have a problem with that whatsoever. It was just a suggestion to try to organize stuff, that’s all. Someone isn’t less of a person because they’re post belongs in a different forum. It seems only practical to group conversations together, which this site does already. I would hope that everybody would actually read my whole post and take it for what it is and nothing more. I swear, sometimes I feel like I have to write a disclaimer for every post I write.

We should count our blessing that we still have people discussing this game considering the population. Most haters have left this forum ages ago and take a look at this place statistically.

OT: I think we can filter out what is worth reading or not without adding another section. There is always a useful discussion going on somewhere with some great topics. Halo 4 section isnt all hate and maybe that’s what you see but I don’t.

Oh, I say crying because it really does get to that point, it’s just a different kind of crying.

> ? May I make an assumption and say all that seem to be offended by my post would belong in this forum I speak of?

You’d be wrong. Starting to lose some credibility here.

> I really mean no offence and to assume I do borders on paranoid delusion. I’m just an honest person and I say what I need to say to get my point across.

There is a difference between honesty and common sense. Lots of people have said ridiculously dumb things under the guise of “being honest”.

> Some people are just so sensitive and they think that if you don’t nestle their balls constantly and tell them everything is going to be alright, then they think you’re out to kill them, and that’s just not the case. Sorry if I offended anybody.

You’re not offensive, you just aren’t making a good case for a new forum that segregates people because they have opinions you don’t like or opinions that don’t fall under your arbitrary criteria on what is acceptable to post in the Halo 4 forums.

A new forum isn’t happening.

> > It seems like some of you are making some assumptions from my post that aren’t true. I was merely making a suggestion for a new forum. People can and will say what they want and are free to do so, and I don’t have a problem with that whatsoever. It was just a suggestion to try to organize stuff, that’s all. Someone isn’t less of a person because they’re post belongs in a different forum. It seems only practical to group conversations together, which this site does already. I would hope that everybody would actually read my whole post and take it for what it is and nothing more. I swear, sometimes I feel like I have to write a disclaimer for every post I write.
>
> We should count our blessing that we still have people discussing this game considering the population. Most haters have left this forum ages ago and take a look at this place statistically.
>
> OT: I think we can filter out what is worth reading or not without adding another section. There is always a useful discussion going on somewhere with some great topics. Halo 4 section isnt all hate and maybe that’s what you see but I don’t.

Haters have left the forums? That’s just crazy. Hate filled posts seem to out number constructive posts like 5 to 1.

> > ? May I make an assumption and say all that seem to be offended by my post would belong in this forum I speak of?
>
> You’d be wrong. Starting to lose some credibility here.
>
>
>
> > I really mean no offence and to assume I do borders on paranoid delusion. I’m just an honest person and I say what I need to say to get my point across.
>
> There is a difference between honesty and common sense. Lots of people have said ridiculously dumb things under the guise of “being honest”.
>
>
>
> > Some people are just so sensitive and they think that if you don’t nestle their balls constantly and tell them everything is going to be alright, then they think you’re out to kill them, and that’s just not the case. Sorry if I offended anybody.
>
> You’re not offensive, you just aren’t making a good case for a new forum that segregates people because they have opinions you don’t like or opinions that don’t fall under your arbitrary criteria on what is acceptable to post in the Halo 4 forums.
>
> A new forum isn’t happening.

See, I never said people should be segregated because they have opinions that I don’t like. Those are your words not mine. Weather I like it or not is erelevent.

> See, I never said people should be segregated because they have opinions that I don’t like. Those are your words not mine. Weather I like it or not is erelevent.

> The people that do not belong in the H4 forum are people that basically have the opinion that the only solution to fixing H4 is to have it not even be H4 (if you know what I mean).

You obviously do not like that train of thought and say they don’t belong in the Halo 4 Forum. YOUR words.

> > > It seems like some of you are making some assumptions from my post that aren’t true. I was merely making a suggestion for a new forum. People can and will say what they want and are free to do so, and I don’t have a problem with that whatsoever. It was just a suggestion to try to organize stuff, that’s all. Someone isn’t less of a person because they’re post belongs in a different forum. It seems only practical to group conversations together, which this site does already. I would hope that everybody would actually read my whole post and take it for what it is and nothing more. I swear, sometimes I feel like I have to write a disclaimer for every post I write.
> >
> > We should count our blessing that we still have people discussing this game considering the population. Most haters have left this forum ages ago and take a look at this place statistically.
> >
> > OT: I think we can filter out what is worth reading or not without adding another section. There is always a useful discussion going on somewhere with some great topics. Halo 4 section isnt all hate and maybe that’s what you see but I don’t.
>
> Haters have left the forums? That’s just crazy. Hate filled posts seem to out number constructive posts like 5 to 1.

All I see are players that are stating their opinions about what they don’t like and it isn’t filled with I hate this game topics. Have you ever noticed that most people that complain that they actually hate this game are recruits that come and post once and then you never hear from them again.

> > See, I never said people should be segregated because they have opinions that I don’t like. Those are your words not mine. Weather I like it or not is erelevent.
>
>
>
> > The people that do not belong in the H4 forum are people that basically have the opinion that the only solution to fixing H4 is to have it not even be H4 (if you know what I mean).
>
> You obviously do not like that train of thought and say they don’t belong in the Halo 4 Forum. YOUR words.

I Never said I didn’t like it. You’re assuming that.

> I Never said I didn’t like it. You’re assuming that.

And so you bring it up as an unacceptable opinion in the Halo 4 Forum because…?

> We should count our blessing that we still have people discussing this game considering the population. Most haters have left this forum ages ago and take a look at this place statistically.

Haters, non haters, people who dislike the haters, people with good opinions, people with bad opinions, people mislead by haters, people who can’t form their own opinion, Older members who’ve been around since waypoint’s beginning, just about everyone who left since Halo 4’s release fall under one or more of those categories.

HellRaiser, both me and Cobra here have been her for some time, most likely longer than you, I’d listen to what Cobra has to say, and as far as I’m concerned any game developer that does what you’re asking/suggestion, shouldn’t even be making games, or their forum admins should be sacked.

These people have opinions, they have every right to voice their opinions how they feel, as long as they follow the set rules of these forums.

Ok, go back and read my post again. What I’m saying is, IT SHOULD BE IN A DIFFERENT FORUM. It’s not because I don’t like it. It has nothing to do with my opinions at all. Get it? This is not about me. It was an idea to better consolidate posts and to group like minded individuals together. If someone hates H4 then I would say the H4 forum is probably the wrong forum to be commenting in. I did add on a side note that I am sick of seeing all these posts, but that’s not the main reason. The main reason to create the forum is to better organize the site. It’s not because I don’t like the posts, However since you press the issue I will say that I’m not in love with them.