Make a competent AI

Halo needs a competent AI, not like Halo 4. Elites need more shield, they should move more, launch more grenades, atack you…

On Halo 4 if enemies play soccer, they would do catenaccio ¬¬.

The Halo saga always have been a good AI, the best AI I could say… do honor to this.

Halo CE had the best AI, it started to deteriorate after CE, an AI overhaul would be amazing (I don’t agree with giving Elites more shields though, the Knights already eat enough ammo)

How many NPC AI threads do we need going? Here is another thread that is not even a week old.

> Halo CE had the best AI, it started to deteriorate after CE, an AI overhaul would be amazing (I don’t agree with giving Elites more shields though, the Knights already eat enough ammo)

Haha. You just love Halo CE don’t you?
Anyways, I think Reach had the best AI. Plus, the most variety of enemies.

I agree with the complete AI overhaul, It seems way overdue.
Original enemy classes that aren’t just super-shielded with mega rate of fire would also be nice.

I actually think Elites need less shields. It is annoying to shoot an ordinary Elite two times into the head with a sniper rifle on Heroic.
However, I agree that the AI needs to act more intelligent, varied and less predictable and maybe even attack in larger groups.

> Halo needs a competent AI, not like Halo 4.

Halo 4 Elites can kill despite having low health. They can also be challenging in cqc compared to Reach Elites which relied on insta-kill and Halo 2 Elites which were the easiest to dispatch in cqc.

> Elites need more shield,

NO.

> they should move more,

Yes but in a predictable and engaging manner. Reach Elites are NOT fun. CE Elites are fun. Halo 2 Elites are fun.

> launch more grenades…

Absolutely not.

> The Halo saga always have been a good AI, the best AI I could say…

No, just no.

> However, I agree that the AI needs to act more intelligent, varied and less predictable and <mark>maybe even attack in larger groups</mark>.

Like in Spartan Ops? No way.

I think that the AIs should be more tactical and less bullet-spongy.

Halo CE probably had the best AIs, that would be something to look at for 343.

> > However, I agree that the AI needs to act more intelligent, varied and less predictable and <mark>maybe even attack in larger groups</mark>.
>
> Like in Spartan Ops? No way.

No, not like Spartan Ops. When I said enemies should attack in larger groups I was not thinking about a bunch of mad golden bulletsponge Elites with Fuel Rod Cannons bombing you back to Reach.

When you look back at the campaigns and especially on Reachs Firefight, you will notice that there are mostly not more than 4 enemies attacking you while the rest just stays back and does nothing and watches how you slay their fellows.
So what I meant was that for example some enemies should engaging you while some are giving suppressive fire or some giving suppressive fire or distracting you while others try to flank and to catch you off guard. Plus when Elites get less shields I think that would balance out a raised amount of enemies attacking you.

With less shields I mean:
You could 4 shot a minor Elite with a BR, maybe 5 or shot a major and would need 8 shots for a zealot. Only on legendary the shields should be increased, on the other difficulties only the accuracy.

In addition, I think enemies should have to reload as well, it would give you a chance to engage them better without getting instantly blasted away when you jump out of cover.
Because I think it is kind of annoying that the enemies seem to have endless clips, especially when they are using Fuel Rods and Concussion Rifles.