Make a classic playlist so everyone can be happy

Lets see the community is split up in two right now. Some people love the beta and there is the people who want a remastered copy of halo 2. So why can’t they have both. Just like MCC there’s halo 2 and halo 3 playlist. So why can’t they do it with halo 5? Here’s how it works. Right when you select multiplayer you get two options. HALO GAURDIANS- plays just like beta just needs a few tweaks, no bullet magnatisim, no kill cams, more balaced weapons, add dual weild and elites and a little bit longer shield strength. Then there is HALO CLASSIC- just take the halo 2 engine with no sprint and new abilities. Just polish the graphics and sound, bring the old announcer back no cinamtic intros and outros and have every playlist the new halo 5 has just make it into a classic halo 2 style. I bet your asking just play MCC. Well keep in mind its a remake not a new game. Most old school halo fans want a new halo game with the same gameplay just new maps. Hope 343 reads this in my opinion it will bring back halo and also bring in new gamers.

That would satisfy me but only if its ranked.

Doesn’t need halo 2 engine fives is fine just drop the stuff we don’t want. This will probably happen its just a question of whether it will be ranked.

And this right here is THE best idea.

Having a “classic” playlist won’t magically make Halo 5 have a Halo 1-3 feel. Sprint has already stretched and distorted the maps. Look at Midship and then at Truth.

The damage of having sprint can’t simply be removed without remaking the maps.

Even custom games options enabling accurate emulation of classic settings would be enough. Unfortunately, I don’t think 343i will even bother to pull it off, and if they were to, they would do a lazy job.

Why wouldn’t it bring back the old halo feeling. Almost everyone asks for it to comeback. Then u won’t hear the baby -Yoinks!- crying no more of THIS ISNT HALO. While it will bring in new players from the halo guardians mode. Its a win-win in my opinion if 343 opens there eyes.

Why wouldn’t it bring back the old halo feeling. Almost everyone asks for it to comeback. Then u won’t hear the baby -Yoinks!- crying no more of THIS ISNT HALO. While it will bring in new players from the halo guardians mode. Its a win-win in my opinion if 343 opens there eyes.

> 2533274833375794;3:
> And this right here is THE best idea.

Thanks bro

The community isn’t split. There are fans that like Halo and fans that like something else and wish for Halo to change into that something else. The latter are not Halo fans and are not part of OUR community.

> 2533274833375794;3:
> And this right here is THE best idea.

Thanks bro

Why should the Halo fans that contributed to the success of the franchise be happy with a single playlist? Should there also be multiple campaigns?

343 should make 2 games. The classic game will be shipped broken. he Halo of Duty version will ship working, but will be abandoned by the casuals in 2 and a half weeks.

Wait that’s the current situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2752423165120539;9:
> The community isn’t split. There are fans that like Halo and fans that like something else and wish for Halo to change into that something else. The latter are not Halo fans and are not part of OUR community.

Again just my opinion I think its split. I’ve been talking to people online in the beta and I have been getting different reviews. Some people like it and some people just plain hate it. That’s why I suggest the classic playlist just so we can get the best of both worlds.

If you want this in a way you have it! Just play the older games in the MCC! Halo 5 dose not need the older game play if we all ready have it!<div></div><div></div>

> 2752423165120539;9:
> The community isn’t split. There are fans that like Halo and fans that like something else and wish for Halo to change into that something else. The latter are not Halo fans and are not part of OUR community.

You don’t speak for all Halo fans, and you do not dictate who is part of this community. Believe it or not, there are people who like every Halo game. Liking Halo Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5 doesn’t make you any less of a Halo fan than those who only like the original trilogy, so get off your high horse.

As for a classic playlist, I would say that it isn’t necessary due to Halo MCC, but since it is still quite broken, it would be a good addition to Halo 5, so long as it is implemented correctly. 343 would have to remove all abilities and replace Smart Scope with the traditional zoom. They could also get some community Forgers to make some classic Halo maps for this playlist as well.

> 2533274801387944;13:
> If you want this in a way you have it! Just play the older games in the MCC! Halo 5 dose not need the older game play if we all ready have it!<div></div><div></div>

Your right but like I said in the post. Old school halo players just want a new halo game not a remake. Just the same style of gameplay. I get it times change but we need to meet in the middle.

> 2533274794673678;11:
> Why should the Halo fans that contributed to the success of the franchise be happy with a single playlist? Should there also be multiple campaigns?
>
> 343 should make 2 games. The classic game will be shipped broken. he Halo of Duty version will ship working, but will be abandoned by the casuals in 2 and a half weeks.
>
> Wait that’s the current situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know about campaign. I was just focus on matchmaking, custom games and forge.

I have less and less desire to purchase Halo 5.

Getting a single mediocre playlist isn’t going to suddenly make me want the game.

As much as I want to say “people already can play classic Halo on a game that came out just two months ago” but I cant.

because you know…

It’s still broken :confused:

But I feel Halo 5 is a good game on it’s own merits. The revival of equal starts, no BS weapon drops and a natural sense of evolution vs Halo 4’s mishap is a welcome step in my book.

They need to fix the ranking system though.

The problem is that a single playlist is not enough, at least for me. I like slayer, team objective, BTB, activos stack, swan, and hardcore/MLG/competitive. 343i should fix MCC for us old schooled halo players. I don’t like Halo 5, buying it for a single playlist won’t be worth it.

> 2533274809874199;14:
> > 2752423165120539;9:
> > The community isn’t split. There are fans that like Halo and fans that like something else and wish for Halo to change into that something else. The latter are not Halo fans and are not part of OUR community.
>
>
> You don’t speak for all Halo fans, and you do not dictate who is part of this community. Believe it or not, there are people who like every Halo game. Liking Halo Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5 doesn’t make you any less of a Halo fan than those who only like the original trilogy, so get off your high horse.
>
> As for a classic playlist, I would say that it isn’t necessary due to Halo MCC, but since it is still quite broken, it would be a good addition to Halo 5, so long as it is implemented correctly. 343 would have to remove all abilities and replace Smart Scope with the traditional zoom. They could also get some community Forgers to make some classic Halo maps for this playlist as well.

I guess in that case Halo 5 isn’t necessary as you have halo 4.