Make a beta for halo 5

I think that 343 must launch a beta some weeks or months before halo 5 come out. That will boost xbox one sales because all halo fans will buy xbox to test the beta. Also that will help 343 to balance the weapons. Do you agree with me ?

No, not all halo fans would buy an xbox just to play a beta, when the console may go down in price by the time the actual game comes out.

Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.

> No, not all halo fans would buy an xbox just to play a beta, when the console may go down in price by the time the actual game comes out.

Eh I wouldn’t be surprised, look at how many people bought the original Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta, although, If there going to be getting Halo 5, there going to have an Xbox One, so I don’t think it would boost sales, but rather those sales coming sooner than later.

> > No, not all halo fans would buy an xbox just to play a beta, when the console may go down in price by the time the actual game comes out.
>
> Eh I wouldn’t be surprised, look at how many people bought the original Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta, although, If there going to be getting Halo 5, there going to have an Xbox One, so I don’t think it would boost sales, but rather those sales coming sooner than later.

I agree.

Most people who are going to want to play the next Halo are already going to get an Xbox One so a beta to promote sales of the Xbox One will just not be needed.

But that not to say that a Beta later down the road will happen for other reasons but who knows. I personally would love to see a beta as soon as possible.

I would like a beta, but I not going to buy the next gen right away :(. so if they do have a beta then they should put it on 360 as well.

343 should have a beta for HALO 5! Please have it for Halo 5!

They did have a beta, a very closed beta. I remember seeing it over the dashboard at some Halo expo showing Forward Unto Dawn at Toronto. They gave you an unsc id tag or something along with a closed beta. Halo 3 did a closed beta also. But isn’t Halo 4 like a beta for Halo 5 now to 343i? Just a released beta that they are depending on to last for a while.

> Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.

Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.

> > Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.
>
> Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.

This just proves to me that 343i needs to get themselves together because if this is true all it does is anger me that they had what since 2009 to 2012 to release their first Halo game they made (Halo 4) and couldn’t even make a good MP…wow.

> > > Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.
> >
> > Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.
>
>
>
> This just proves to me that 343i needs to get themselves together because if this is true all it does is anger me that they had what since 2009 to 2012 to release their first Halo game they made (Halo 4) and couldn’t even make a good MP…wow.

Design philosophy generally has little to do with how long you are in development.

Now if you are upset about the lack of custom game options, broken forge, and lack of theater functionality… now you’re talking.

> > > Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.
> >
> > Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.
>
>
>
> This just proves to me that 343i needs to get themselves together because if this is true all it does is anger me that they had what since 2009 to 2012 to release their first Halo game they made (Halo 4) and couldn’t even make a good MP…wow.

Your forgetting that they were also focused on building a team to develop the game for most of that time. If they had a beta they would have had a better idea of what people wanted within that time though. It would have made developing the game easier.

> > > > Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.
> > >
> > > Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.
> >
> >
> >
> > This just proves to me that 343i needs to get themselves together because if this is true all it does is anger me that they had what since 2009 to 2012 to release their first Halo game they made (Halo 4) and couldn’t even make a good MP…wow.
>
> Design philosophy generally has little to do with how long you are in development.
>
> Now if you are upset about the lack of custom game options, broken forge, and lack of theater functionality… now you’re talking.

I’m fine with forge but the rest I agree with.

Halo 5 was started before 4 was released, however a beta would be a good thing though.

> > > > Yes a beta would help the game be finished at launch, instead of being released in a horrible mess, although I don’t think a beta can save Halo now, after the Halo4 disaster and a 2 year development cycle a-la COD.
> > >
> > > Wow really? Games that have two year dev cycles are copying cod? Is that really what your saying? Also 343 began working on the trilogy in 2009. Which means halo 5 would have a much longer dev cycle than two years. Get your facts right.
> >
> >
> >
> > This just proves to me that 343i needs to get themselves together because if this is true all it does is anger me that they had what since 2009 to 2012 to release their first Halo game they made (Halo 4) and couldn’t even make a good MP…wow.
>
> Design philosophy generally has little to do with how long you are in development.
>
> Now if you are upset about the lack of custom game options, broken forge, and lack of theater functionality… now you’re talking.

Yes, I am upset how those are broken too. How they are not as enjoyable as Halo Reach’s and Halo 3’s.

> I think that 343 must launch a beta some weeks or months before halo 5 come out. That will boost xbox one sales because all halo fans will buy xbox to test the beta. Also that will help 343 to balance the weapons. Do you agree with me ?

At this point, its not optional. The masses have spoken and most of the people who preordered Halo 4 won’t be doing the same for 5 unless a beta is released - and it rocks.

> > I think that 343 must launch a beta some weeks or months before halo 5 come out. That will boost xbox one sales because all halo fans will buy xbox to test the beta. Also that will help 343 to balance the weapons. Do you agree with me ?
>
> At this point, its not optional. The masses have spoken and most of the people who preordered Halo 4 won’t be doing the same for 5 unless a beta is released - and it rocks.

The good news is that I can’t imagine a scenario where it isn’t better than Halo 4. Even if they decide to make the gameplay 100% identical, forge and theater will be improved by default if they just implement full functionality.

They should just make a beta within Halo 4 testing out different combos and make it a playlist.

As an incentive to play, they could release camos for players who participated in a certain week and submitted feedback.

I would assume 343 is conducting a beta as we speak.

So we are to late .

Although I could be wrong / but I would think that they have had Xbox 1s for months by this point…