Make a 1v1 Playlist in HALO 4

343i Should make a 1v1 & 3v3 Playlist in halo 4. It would be awesome to have a 1v1 play list in halo 4 Because it would be exciting and ALOT more Skill.

Parties of two shouldn’t be able to go into it.
If the starting maps are symmetric, and the gameplay is decent, then I’d love this.

1v1 would probably be the first one to ten.

I was just in reach today and was talking with my friends about reach and halo 4 having a 1v1 playlist md 4 of us SAOD that would be 70 percent of what we played XD

> 1v1 would probably be the first one to ten.

Historically speaking Halo 1v1s have always been the first to 15. Its been that way since Halo 1.

> Parties of two shouldn’t be able to go into it.
> If the starting maps are symmetric, and the gameplay is decent, then I’d love this.

Maps don’t have to be symmetrical. Look at Lockout and Guardian: Probably the two best 1v1 maps in the history of Halo.

1 on 1 ok, but from there just 4 on 4 team, and 8 on 8 BTB, the population count can’t handle too many team playlists.

> 1 on 1 ok, but from there just 4 on 4 team, and 8 on 8 BTB, the population count can’t handle too many team playlists.

They should just make 4v4 lists match 3v3 games if their is a party of 3 searching or if search times are taking to long to find 8 total players, like it was in Halo 3. Oh wait, Halo has to change and people want Halo 4, not Halo 3, so nevermind.

It failed badly in Halo 3.

1v1 would definitely be a cool idea. But I agree with NavG123, you SHOULD NOT be allowed to go into games with a party. While it would be easier to rank up and get easy achievements we should definitely not be allowed parties. Im sure people would find ways to go around it but a possible solution is make it so you can’t party up after the game ends?

A competitive 2 on 2 would be fun as well.

> It failed badly in Halo 3.

Yeah, but I think it did ok in Halo 2. Could be wrong, as it was a while ago, but I’m pretty sure Halo 2 had a 1v1 playlist.

> It failed badly in Halo 3.

I never knew that there was a 1v1 playlist in Halo 3. Care to enlighten me?

OT - I think that if there was a 1v1 playlist it could work very well. All they need to do is block parties of all sorts and use a trueskill based selection system.

Edit: I am making a 'lot of mistakes with my grammar today because I am really tired, sorry…

> 1v1 would definitely be a cool idea. But I agree with NavG123, you SHOULD NOT be allowed to go into games with a party. While it would be easier to rank up and get easy achievements we should definitely not be allowed parties. Im sure people would find ways to go around it but a possible solution is make it so you can’t party up after the game ends?
>
> A competitive 2 on 2 would be fun as well.

A competitive 2 v 2!? Clearly you have not searched in Halo 3 in high 40’s and 50 levels in Team Doubles. That is as competitive as it gets. Get into a standoff 24-24 at 50 level high and tell me that isn’t competitive…

It gets my heart racing just thinking about it.

I actually loved 1v1 in older installments, and in H2 my group always loved getting 3v3’s. It’s a different dynamic, and I enjoy it quite a bit myself.

On the other hand, I can understand that playlists like this have difficulty sustaining a decent population, which is why it was scrapped previously. Hopefully they’ll find a way to implement it without it sapping to many unnecessary resources.

> I never knew that there was a 1v1 playlist in Halo 3. Care to enlighten me?

Exactly. It was done for a while, but it didn’t get a high population and didn’t work out too well.

I love the idea of having a 1 v 1 playlist but they need to come up with a better way to match people up. Reach has fallen short when it comes to matching up people with the same skill

> Maps don’t have to be symmetrical. Look at Lockout and Guardian: Probably the two best 1v1 maps in the history of Halo.

Guardian was a good 1v1 map? From what I can remember, every match turned into a who-can-camp-the-tower-best battle.

1v1 me on Sanc or Prisoner you will never win =)

I support the idea of a 1v1 playlist if the game is good for that kind of thing, Halo CE for example was a really good 1v1 and 2v2 game it all depends on the game settings and maps that are available.

Edit: To the guy who said Guardian isnt a good 1v1 map you probably never played many 1v1’s in H3 then because that was THE 1v1 map in that game. The camo on gold side was important to control, while the tower had snipe of course which balanced it out.

> > Maps don’t have to be symmetrical. Look at Lockout and Guardian: Probably the two best 1v1 maps in the history of Halo.
>
> Guardian was a good 1v1 map? From what I can remember, every match turned into a who-can-camp-the-tower-best battle.

Yes, Guardian is a horrible 1v1 map that promotes no movement, especially when you get people playing for a rank in a playlist.

Anyway, there was a 1v1 playlist in both Halo 2 and Halo 3. The reason they are short lived, is NOT because of low population or boosters. The reason is because of peoples behavior in the game.

In a 1v1 you can do all sorts of unsportsmanlike behavior to win that you can’t do in team or FFA games, and it brings out the worst of that in players. People run, hide or camp all game just to get the win. That is the reason, stated by Bungie, that the playlist was removed in Halo 3.

The best solution for this problem is creating maps built specifically for 1v1’s. They must be arena styled maps that do not allow any camping, running or hiding. Mainly this means having a map where you can see everything(at least from certain vantage points). This can be done, and could have been done in Halo 3 especially with Atlas, however Bungie either didn’t want to because it would be too different of an experience or they were to stubborn to make a playlist without any of their maps.

I’m down.