make 3v3 a thing again.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Remember the good old days when if the matchmaking couldn’t find the last two people in a fast enough time then it would just put 3 players against 3 players and the match still played very well? Yeah, I do.

If maps are designed well enough, 3v3 will work just as well as 4v4 does, and adding 3v3 into the standard Slayer and Arena game modes will add variety as well as cutting matchmaking search times, therefore increasing the population of the game because who the heck wants to always wait another 5 mins to play the game just because 1 or 2 more people have yet to enter the lobby?

While I’m on the subject of map design in relation to amount of players per game, how about we get some good old fashioned BTB maps that can be played ALSO with 4v4 ?

Halo 5 had no developer made BTB maps, therefore 4v4 modes like Team Snipers, 1 Flag CTF, 1 or 2 Bomb Assault, and more either suffered greatly to the point of deletion or didn’t even exist at all.

I feel like this is a very niche game mode to add in, but it still deserves a place in Halo Infinite. I feel like a 1v1 game mode would also be a great addition to Infinite as well.

Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.

> 2535405449919732;3:
> Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.

OP isn’t arguing for a 3v3 playlist. Just with the population problems, 3v3 should be enabled when it’s taking too long to find two more players.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>

> 2533274814210937;4:
> > 2535405449919732;3:
> > Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.
>
> OP isn’t arguing for a 3v3 playlist. Just with the population problems, 3v3 should be enabled when it’s taking too long to find two more players.

yes exactly. It’s a win win situation. It will take shorter amounts of time to find games, and with that there will be less people moving on to more populated games due to long wait times.

> 2533274814210937;4:
> > 2535405449919732;3:
> > Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.
>
> OP isn’t arguing for a 3v3 playlist. Just with the population problems, 3v3 should be enabled when it’s taking too long to find two more players.

That’s what I initially thought but the phrasing was a little confusing.

> 2535405449919732;6:
> > 2533274814210937;4:
> > > 2535405449919732;3:
> > > Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.
> >
> > OP isn’t arguing for a 3v3 playlist. Just with the population problems, 3v3 should be enabled when it’s taking too long to find two more players.
>
> That’s what I initially thought but the phrasing was a little confusing.

From my OP:

Remember the good old days when if the matchmaking couldn’t find the last two people in a fast enough time then it would just put 3 players against 3 players and the match still played very well? Yeah, I do.
Seems pretty clear to me. Also, if you played Halo 3 back in the old days, you’d have been in many, many 3v3 matches to know what I’m talking about.

YES PLEASE! I love Doubles in Reach and always wanted a Trios.

> 2535422626142909;7:
> > 2535405449919732;6:
> > > 2533274814210937;4:
> > > > 2535405449919732;3:
> > > > Halo has always been centred around 4v4 multiplayer. I personally don’t see what benefit there would be to a 3v3 gametype. It’s too similar to both 4v4 and 2v2 to be unique. Doubles is fun because you can play with a buddy and 4v4 is fun because you have a team to rely on.
> > >
> > > OP isn’t arguing for a 3v3 playlist. Just with the population problems, 3v3 should be enabled when it’s taking too long to find two more players.
> >
> > That’s what I initially thought but the phrasing was a little confusing.
>
> From my OP:
>
> Remember the good old days when if the matchmaking couldn’t find the last two people in a fast enough time then it would just put 3 players against 3 players and the match still played very well? Yeah, I do.
> Seems pretty clear to me. Also, if you played Halo 3 back in the old days, you’d have been in many, many 3v3 matches to know what I’m talking about.

3v3 will work just as well as 4v4 does, and adding 3v3 into the standard Slayer and Arena game modes will add variety as well as cutting matchmaking search timesThis is the line that confused me. I misinterpreted it as meaning adding exclusively 3v3 gamemodes into either their own playlist or into the arena rotation.

I still don’t see the benefits of 3v3 game modes. Yeah it cuts down on search times, but this will be irrelevant when Halo Infinite launches since it will be a very popular game and finding a full 8 man lobby will take no time at all. 3v3 also means less people on the map (which is designed for 4v4), which means there is less action for players.

The incorporation of 3v3s to start games faster would only need to be incorporated into the game when it gets old and there are far fewer people playing it.

A compromise would be to have an option to toggle 3v3 gamemodes, so that players in regions where it is difficult to find a match can match faster and people who would rather play 4v4 can avoid smaller games.

My Halo buddies and I used to search as a party of 3 in matchmaking and 90% of the time we would play 3v3 games in ranked.

It actually became my favourite way to play Team Slayer in Halo.

> 2533274801036271;10:
> My Halo buddies and I used to search as a party of 3 in matchmaking and 90% of the time we would play 3v3 games in ranked.
>
> It actually became my favourite way to play Team Slayer in Halo.

totally. sometimes I feel like the smaller maps like Heretic played much better with 3v3. Having one less person on each team really reduced the effectiveness of spam and just reduced the unnecessary chaos in the match, while at the same time still being a balanced competition.