Make 2v2/3v3 ranked games microphone only?

Firstly I think this would help the community greatly.

Those with experience could help those with less.
While at the same time it would aid those who solo queue (and come up against a party) not feel like its a 2v1v1.
The only feasible negative i can see is that some might be deterred by needing to buy a mic … But it is a co-op strategy game after all.
So i think that​ point is moot.

Thoughts?

There’s another thread right now with the same discussion.

I think it would not work, because requiring players to buy something else to play would really anger the masses.

But, if you ever want to team with someone that has a mic, feel free to add me!

> 2533274796391115;2:
> There’s another thread right now with the same discussion.
>
> I think it would not work, because requiring players to buy something else to play would really anger the masses.
>
> But, if you ever want to team with someone that has a mic, feel free to add me!

Sorry didn’t see the other thread.
Sure ill add you, it’s not really an issue that effects me so much.

Just thought since in 2v2/3/3 RTS games its not just about how good the individual is … But about how good the team is.
But without microphone’s and only the ping ability.
The team is a very limited team.

The only way this would happen would be if a microphone was bundled with every purchase of a game. Also, no game (that I know of) has ever required this in shipping history on any platform across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or all of PC platforms. I don’t ever see this coming to fruition.

> 2533274793239554;3:
> > 2533274796391115;2:
> > There’s another thread right now with the same discussion.
> >
> > I think it would not work, because requiring players to buy something else to play would really anger the masses.
> >
> > But, if you ever want to team with someone that has a mic, feel free to add me!
>
> Sorry didn’t see the other thread.
> Sure ill add you, it’s not really an issue that effects me so much.
>
> Just thought since in 2v2/3/3 RTS games its not just about how good the individual is … But about how good the team is.
> But without microphone’s and only the ping ability.
> The team is a very limited team.

I agree. I went and bought a mic just for this game.
It was getting annoying having teams obviously out-coordinating my team.
But, I still won lots of games using only the ping feature!

> 2533274792014876;4:
> The only way this would happen would be if a microphone was bundled with every purchase of a game. Also, no game (that I know of) has ever required this in shipping history on any platform across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or all of PC platforms. I don’t ever see this coming to fruition.

There all alot of other 1v1 ranked and unranked game types for those who don’t want to be competitive.

> 2533274793239554;6:
> > 2533274792014876;4:
> > The only way this would happen would be if a microphone was bundled with every purchase of a game. Also, no game (that I know of) has ever required this in shipping history on any platform across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or all of PC platforms. I don’t ever see this coming to fruition.
>
> There all alot of other 1v1 ranked and unranked game types for those who don’t want to be competitive.

And there are also a lot of ranked game types for people who want to play ranked. People don’t need to put sweatpants on to play ranked and try their hardest. That’s the great part about matchmaking is anyone can play and be matched up with players of similar skills to just play. If you are not wanting to play with people who aren’t as competitive as you are then I would suggest finding like minded individuals to party up with so you don’t have to worry about things that have a high probability of never being changed.

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274793239554;6:
> > > 2533274792014876;4:
> > > The only way this would happen would be if a microphone was bundled with every purchase of a game. Also, no game (that I know of) has ever required this in shipping history on any platform across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or all of PC platforms. I don’t ever see this coming to fruition.
> >
> > There all alot of other 1v1 ranked and unranked game types for those who don’t want to be competitive.
>
> And there are also a lot of ranked game types for people who want to play ranked. People don’t need to put sweatpants on to play ranked and try their hardest. That’s the great part about matchmaking is anyone can play and be matched up with players of similar skills to just play. If you are not wanting to play with people who aren’t as competitive as you are then I would suggest finding like minded individuals to party up with so you don’t have to worry about things that have a high probability of never being changed.

Buddy, i do only play with a friend.

The suggestion was not to benefit me.
It was for new comers (that we want to stay/learn/have a good time) and for those who struggle to have people online at the same time as them.
I was merely looking for simple ways to help all and the longevity of the game ensue.

Looking for active players to play with Mic also!!! ranked 2v2 is my favorite

> 2533274809201791;9:
> Looking for active players to play with Mic also!!! ranked 2v2 is my favorite

You are welcome to add me :slight_smile:

> 2533274809201791;9:
> Looking for active players to play with Mic also!!! ranked 2v2 is my favorite

Feel free to add me. I’m a Saints fan also. :wink:

> 2533274793239554;8:
> > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > 2533274793239554;6:
> > > > 2533274792014876;4:
> > > > The only way this would happen would be if a microphone was bundled with every purchase of a game. Also, no game (that I know of) has ever required this in shipping history on any platform across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or all of PC platforms. I don’t ever see this coming to fruition.
> > >
> > > There all alot of other 1v1 ranked and unranked game types for those who don’t want to be competitive.
> >
> > And there are also a lot of ranked game types for people who want to play ranked. People don’t need to put sweatpants on to play ranked and try their hardest. That’s the great part about matchmaking is anyone can play and be matched up with players of similar skills to just play. If you are not wanting to play with people who aren’t as competitive as you are then I would suggest finding like minded individuals to party up with so you don’t have to worry about things that have a high probability of never being changed.
>
> Buddy, i do only play with a friend.
>
> The suggestion was not to benefit me.
> It was for new comers (that we want to stay/learn/have a good time) and for those who struggle to have people online at the same time as them.
> I was merely looking for simple ways to help all and the longevity of the game ensue.

Gotcha. Well, I think that creating any restrictions that limit what players can do in order to play would not help. But that’s just my .02 cents. Also, I’m not your buddy guy.

> 2533274793239554;1:
> Firstly I think this would help the community greatly.
>
> Those with experience could help those with less.
> While at the same time it would aid those who solo queue (and come up against a party) not feel like its a 2v1v1.
> The only feasible negative i can see is that some might be deterred by needing to buy a mic … But it is a co-op strategy game after all.
> So i think that​ point is moot.
>
> Thoughts?

There is already another thread on this. That and it would be a decent idea I guess but a better one would do like wars 1 and make a party teams only playlist.

People with disabilities can’t use a mic so these text messages for tablets like I do that’s why I prefer to send me a text message that way I can read it and use a special mic which friends I know does the friends I have don’t cuss I don’t want to hear that kind of garbage

Would be better to change and add playlist where you have to play with a Team to Start the search so that only Team vs Team is playing and just like in Halo Wars 1, a playlist where all six players are totally Random

I dont think it would work as you cant force people to talk even if they have a mic.
You’re already in the right place for the solution though, join a clan or add some people here that you could play with.

the funny thing about this is that 2’s and 3s are looked at as uncompetitive by the entire RTS community. Like sure they have competitions for 2’s and 3s but 1v1’s are pretty much the standard for RTS competition.

I definitely think the way forward is Squad-only playlists in addition to the existing ones - potentially on a rotational basis. Bringing back Blitz 1v1 playlist (whether ranked, unranked, or both) will also help for Blitz.

We shouldn’t be requiring anything: I am an avid mic user and advocate of teamwork (even set up an XBL Club dedicated to cooperative gaming in Halo games - feel free to add me too and/or request invites), but there are times when I can’t use my mic (e.g. talking on the phone/girlfriend fallen asleep on sofa/whatever).

Yes, splitting the playerbase up more might be a bad thing: matchmaking is already fairly slow and that will only get worse if we dilute the playlists we have. So maybe one week 1v1 and 3v3 are ranked and 2v2 is unranked? Or special ‘peak-time’ playlists etc.

> 2533274874872263;18:
> I definitely think the way forward is Squad-only playlists in addition to the existing ones - potentially on a rotational basis. Bringing back Blitz 1v1 playlist (whether ranked, unranked, or both) will also help for Blitz.
>
> We shouldn’t be requiring anything: I am an avid mic user and advocate of teamwork (even set up an XBL Club dedicated to cooperative gaming in Halo games - feel free to add me too and/or request invites), but there are times when I can’t use my mic (e.g. talking on the phone/girlfriend fallen asleep on sofa/whatever).
>
> Yes, splitting the playerbase up more might be a bad thing: matchmaking is already fairly slow and that will only get worse if we dilute the playlists we have. So maybe one week 1v1 and 3v3 are ranked and 2v2 is unranked? Or special ‘peak-time’ playlists etc.

Maybe, so as to not dilute the playerbase with more playlists.
We consolidate:
Strongholds and Domination into one​ playlist
And
Ranked 2v2 and Ranked 3v3 into one playlist

And now that 2 slots are freed up.

Create
Ranked Party 2v2
And
Ranked Party 3v3

That way there are still 7 playlists

One a side note, make it so that when you ping, it comes up in the side of teammates screens saying what you have pinged on …
Ie:
Supplies
Power
Enemy building
… Etc

That way you could use ping’s to mean more than just look here? Similar to what it did in Wars 1 when playing with AI

> 2533274793239554;19:
> > 2533274874872263;18:
> > I definitely think the way forward is Squad-only playlists in addition to the existing ones - potentially on a rotational basis. Bringing back Blitz 1v1 playlist (whether ranked, unranked, or both) will also help for Blitz.
> >
> > We shouldn’t be requiring anything: I am an avid mic user and advocate of teamwork (even set up an XBL Club dedicated to cooperative gaming in Halo games - feel free to add me too and/or request invites), but there are times when I can’t use my mic (e.g. talking on the phone/girlfriend fallen asleep on sofa/whatever).
> >
> > Yes, splitting the playerbase up more might be a bad thing: matchmaking is already fairly slow and that will only get worse if we dilute the playlists we have. So maybe one week 1v1 and 3v3 are ranked and 2v2 is unranked? Or special ‘peak-time’ playlists etc.
>
> Maybe, so as to not dilute the playerbase with more playlists.
> We consolidate:
> Strongholds and Domination into one​ playlist
> And
> Ranked 2v2 and Ranked 3v3 into one playlist
>
> And now that 2 slots are freed up,
> Create
> Ranked Team 2v2
> And
> Rabked Team 3v3
>
> That way there are still 7 playlists
>
> One a side note, make it so that when you ping, it comes up in the sides of teammates screens saying what you have pinged on …
> Ie:
> Supplies
> Power
> Enemy building
> … Etc
>
> That way you could use ping’s to mean more than just look here?

They’re also working on having where you’re looking show on your teammates’ minimaps like in HW1