Major Weapon Upgrades Info

Almost no one pointed this out or realized this until one of my friends told me about this. In the campaign gameplay trailer, (not the 8 min one), near the end you see the battle rifle. Yes, it looks sick, and it also has a pretty beefy scope. Ok now keep that in mind, because if you go to January’s inside infinite post, you see the same battle rifle, except it has a smaller scope. In the map during the gameplay demo, you see an “Upgrades” tab. This means one of two things: 1. You can customize scopes on guns, or 2. They just decreased the size of the scope.

Let me know what you guys think. I’m almost positive you will be able to change/customize your scopes, and they leaked it rather on purpose or accidental.

Damm! I think you caught something. I don’t think they would just randomly decrease a scope size. I’m sure your will be able to customize more then the scope, but you just found an example of an upgrade!

Damn thats legit. Nice find. I would be pumped if you could custimize weapons in campaign for sure that would be a big change for Halo. I dont know how I would like it in Multiplayer though. MAybe if they keep warzone or get a battle royal type deal add it to that but for ranked play you need to just have the base weapons for sure.

I know others have pointed out the customization aspect of the campaign trailer (pointing to brief instances when you walk across weapons). It wouldn’t surprise me if this were the case. In one of the community updates (I believe the January update), 343i pointed out having choices between which vehicles to take into a specific mission (or something very similar). It almost could verify the ability to do the same with which weapons to take and fall in line with scopes as well. I for one welcome the concept, it allows the player to walk into the scenario equipped with what they believe will be necessary to complete the mission. I know this is contradictory towards Halo’s natural campaign set-up but so is a full open world. Cant wait to see more!

I would love to see scope customization in the campaign, like if you found something and you could switch it out in the tab. I don’t know how this could turn out in MP though, maybe something that could do with warzone stations. There could be customization tables kinda like the ones in jedi fallen order maybe

> 2535409171473129;5:
> I would love to see scope customization in the campaign, like if you found something and you could switch it out in the tab. I don’t know how this could turn out in MP though, maybe something that could do with warzone stations. There could be customization tables kinda like the ones in jedi fallen order maybe

I’m not sure how it would work in multiplayer. I’m thinking something like this: Any weapons you pick up off the battlefield have random customization options (scope, silencer, etc etc) but give the player a fair advantage over other players. Basically you could pick up a battle rifle with a scope that looks bigger but has heat vision, or one that is just a normal battle rifle scope. I’m not sure how it would work but I’m thinking just random upgrades in different weapons, or it’s just all default in multiplayer

> 2535471015334583;6:
> > 2535409171473129;5:
> > I would love to see scope customization in the campaign, like if you found something and you could switch it out in the tab. I don’t know how this could turn out in MP though, maybe something that could do with warzone stations. There could be customization tables kinda like the ones in jedi fallen order maybe
>
> I’m not sure how it would work in multiplayer. I’m thinking something like this: Any weapons you pick up off the battlefield have random customization options (scope, silencer, etc etc) but give the player a fair advantage over other players. Basically you could pick up a battle rifle with a scope that looks bigger but has heat vision, or one that is just a normal battle rifle scope. I’m not sure how it would work but I’m thinking just random upgrades in different weapons, or it’s just all default in multiplayer

I don’t think the customization portion will transfer to Area. It would play like COD/H4 in that aspect if it did. I could see something like that transferring over to Warzone or social or even spawning on the map but not loadouts.

> 2533274809988140;7:
> > 2535471015334583;6:
> > > 2535409171473129;5:
> > > I would love to see scope customization in the campaign, like if you found something and you could switch it out in the tab. I don’t know how this could turn out in MP though, maybe something that could do with warzone stations. There could be customization tables kinda like the ones in jedi fallen order maybe
> >
> > I’m not sure how it would work in multiplayer. I’m thinking something like this: Any weapons you pick up off the battlefield have random customization options (scope, silencer, etc etc) but give the player a fair advantage over other players. Basically you could pick up a battle rifle with a scope that looks bigger but has heat vision, or one that is just a normal battle rifle scope. I’m not sure how it would work but I’m thinking just random upgrades in different weapons, or it’s just all default in multiplayer
>
> I don’t think the customization portion will transfer to Area. It would play like COD in that aspect if it did. I could see something like that transferring over to Warzone or social or even spawning on the map but not loadouts.

I could see that happening as well

You’re on to something! I saw this post but didn’t respond to it right away and I noticed the name changed several times? Did a mod change it? I know it used to say major weapon upgrades leak. Maybe this means they mean for someone to figure what you figured out? Either way, nice find.

I don’t know. In the Alpha and Beta stages, I’m sure they’re tinkering with every aspect of the sandbox. Just look at the first glimpses of gameplay we got for Halos 4 and 5 then compare them to the actual release and you’ll see a lot of small differences in the designs of weapons. I personally don’t think the scope size change is because of some kind of weapon customization feature, but rather 343 just adjusting stuff because it’s just part of the development cycle.

It’s possible this could be a thing. It’s certainly believable. Reminds me of the weapon customisation in the Crysis games.

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that the customisation tab is apparently just for equipment. That was verified in a interview last year with IGN & Chris Lee from 343i. Video explanation here

The change in look could just be model redesigns. Locke in the H2A cutscene that teased Halo 5 was holding a Halo 2 style BR but when the full game released the BR looked very different.

I have a feeling they just changed the scope based on feedback after the demo but it would be super cool if you could upgrade weapons in the campaign.

It would be interesting implementation especially with Halo infinte seeming to have a ODST type map and progression, one thing that may or may not be related is during the demo towards the end right before cheif gets on the lift to go in the AA gun one of the plasma pistols has its details shown, like plasma/something/something alongside the name of the weapon which is a plasma pistol, just thought I’d mention it since that seems new

I think the weapons are going to be more upgradeable than we anticipate. And I think they’ll let you choose a modern or classic feeling Halo gameplay.

Examples
The scope you choose decides if you have ADS style smartlink, classic full screen scope in, or no zoom at all.

The ammo type you upgrade your gun to gives you projectiles (like H3) or hit scan (like H2).

Purely speculative, and probably wouldn’t be in arena playlists.

> 2614366390849210;14:
> I think the weapons are going to be more upgradeable than we anticipate. And I think they’ll let you choose a modern or classic feeling Halo gameplay.
>
> Examples
> The scope you choose decides if you have ADS style smartlink, classic full screen scope in, or no zoom at all.
>
> The ammo type you upgrade your gun to gives you projectiles (like H3) or hit scan (like H2).
>
> Purely speculative, and probably wouldn’t be in arena playlists.

I absolutely love this idea!!

> 2533275031939856;12:
> I have a feeling they just changed the scope based on feedback after the demo but it would be super cool if you could upgrade weapons in the campaign.

I was thinking this could be an option as well. I didn’t really notice anyone complaining about the scope size on the BR, everyone loved the gun which makes me think this is a customization option

I went to go compare and honestly it’s exactly the same scope.

> 2535471015334583;16:
> > 2533275031939856;12:
> > I have a feeling they just changed the scope based on feedback after the demo but it would be super cool if you could upgrade weapons in the campaign.
>
> I was thinking this could be an option as well. I didn’t really notice anyone complaining about the scope size on the BR, everyone loved the gun which makes me think this is a customization option

The scope size was the only complaint I heard but it’s not like it was a big thing.

It could be to do with weapon accessories considering halo 5 had different variations of the same weapon (so this would just be a step up from that) - May have been warzone only but eg the AR had multiple different versions of it with different buffs and some had different scopes/attachments