Major problem to fix in HW2

I would have to say one of the biggest problems with Halo Wars is the air units. Mainly the Vultures. The fact that this huge gigantic flying fortress can’t even fly over a base is ridiculous. In HW2, Flying Units need to be able to fly over bases.Also another big problem is the Scarab. It’s this huge gigantic walking fortress and it can’t even walk over units! I just played a game to where my last unit was a Scarab. A enemy army was taking it down while my one of my teammates armys was in the way of my Scarab’s escape. It just did circles and died.

> I would have to say one of the biggest problems with Halo Wars is the air units. Mainly the Vultures. The fact that this huge gigantic flying fortress can’t even fly over a base is ridiculous. In HW2, Flying Units need to be able to fly over bases.Also another big problem is the Scarab. It’s this huge gigantic walking fortress and it can’t even walk over units! I just played a game to where my last unit was a Scarab. A enemy army was taking it down while my one of my teammates armys was in the way of my Scarab’s escape. It just did circles and died.

I think this was done intentionally for balance reasons. Even though a Scarab should theoretically be able to step over a bunch of marines, it might make it too powerful during actual gameplay (it can already scale walls).

Even if it does break the immersion a little bit, balance outweighs “realistic” every time.

> I would have to say one of the biggest problems with Halo Wars is the air units. Mainly the Vultures. The fact that this huge gigantic flying fortress can’t even fly over a base is ridiculous. In HW2, Flying Units need to be able to fly over bases.Also another big problem is the Scarab. It’s this huge gigantic walking fortress and it can’t even walk over units! I just played a game to where my last unit was a Scarab. A enemy army was taking it down while my one of my teammates armys was in the way of my Scarab’s escape. It just did circles and died.

Yeah I have made countless posts about this. I have always stressed how bad the move mechanics in Halo Wars are. The fact that air units get in eachothers way is the ugliest, stupidest, most annoying, rediculous, bass-ackwards thing I have ever seen in an RTS.

Dont even get me started on the ground units (mostly tanks/hogs).

Play SC2, and just drool over how fluid any size group with any composition moves around the map, no matter the terrain.

> > I would have to say one of the biggest problems with Halo Wars is the air units. Mainly the Vultures. The fact that this huge gigantic flying fortress can’t even fly over a base is ridiculous. In HW2, Flying Units need to be able to fly over bases.Also another big problem is the Scarab. It’s this huge gigantic walking fortress and it can’t even walk over units! I just played a game to where my last unit was a Scarab. A enemy army was taking it down while my one of my teammates armys was in the way of my Scarab’s escape. It just did circles and died.
>
> I think this was done intentionally for balance reasons. Even though a Scarab should theoretically be able to step over a bunch of marines, it might make it too powerful during actual gameplay (it can already scale walls).
>
> Even if it does break the immersion a little bit, balance outweighs “realistic” every time.

This ^^

Also, bob is right, but the reason Halo Wars is so unpolished is that 1) 75% of its dev time was spent experimenting to find a decent gameplay mechanic, 2) it was released far too early without proper beta testing, and 3) it’s support was cut off almost immediately after it released.

> > > I would have to say one of the biggest problems with Halo Wars is the air units. Mainly the Vultures. The fact that this huge gigantic flying fortress can’t even fly over a base is ridiculous. In HW2, Flying Units need to be able to fly over bases.Also another big problem is the Scarab. It’s this huge gigantic walking fortress and it can’t even walk over units! I just played a game to where my last unit was a Scarab. A enemy army was taking it down while my one of my teammates armys was in the way of my Scarab’s escape. It just did circles and died.
> >
> > I think this was done intentionally for balance reasons. Even though a Scarab should theoretically be able to step over a bunch of marines, it might make it too powerful during actual gameplay (it can already scale walls).
> >
> > Even if it does break the immersion a little bit, balance outweighs “realistic” every time.
>
> This ^^
>
> Also, bob is right, but the reason Halo Wars is so unpolished is that 1) 75% of its dev time was spent experimenting to find a decent gameplay mechanic, 2) it was released far too early without proper beta testing, and 3) it’s support was cut off almost immediately after it released.

and yet we still got patches >_>
Air units do not get in each others way, thats the main advantage to building air is that they are fast and do not cuase gridlock.

I will agree that gridlock is the biggest problem in halo wars. I agree the scarab should be able to step over units, but if there are units blocking its way it acts like an infant with an smg, it just spins in place taking fire.