Major Plothole in the Halo: Reach

So in halo reach, there was the group of Spartans called noble team. Carter was a
spartan III. Now the spartan III program was in The ghosts of Onyx. This is after the fall of reach. So there would be no way a spartan III could be on reach. The planet was glassed. So is there something I’m missing here. Both the game and the book were approved by Bungie so that means there both canon. Also why was the UNSC surprised to find covenant on reach in Halo: Reach. The planet had would have to have covenant ships above it to have ground troops. Also wasn’t Noble Team looking for Rebels on reach in the first mission. Why would there be rebels on the UNSC base of operations? I must of overlooked something.Can someone explain this or is Halo: Reach just the worst game in the series when it comes to story.

You do realize that Ghosts of Onyx isn’t only set in one specific time? Carter was part of Alpha Company, the first generation of Spartan-IIIs that graduated in 2537.

The Spartan III Project started in 2531 which is 21 years before The Fall of Reach. Noble Team was made up of Spartan IIIs from surviving members of Alpha and Beta Companies. They survived by being reassigned due to their particular talents. For example Noble Six participated in the Saber Program and therefore did not die with the rest of Beta Company.

But doesn’t it imply that all of alpha team die on thier first mission?

> But doesn’t it imply that all of alpha team die on thier first mission?

Noble Team were pulled out BEFORE being sent to the most suicidal mission, they survived the rest.

jorge “why would there be rebels on reach”

This should answer any questions about Noble Team’s existence

> Also wasn’t Noble Team looking for Rebels on reach in the first mission. Why would there be rebels on the UNSC base of operations? I must of overlooked something.

look at this NameBright - Coming Soon

The Spartan III program was started 21 years before Reach. Ghosts of Onyx only features a section of that time.

The Covenant had very good cloaking technology. They arrived at Reach cloaked and un-detected. That is the reason they didn’ t notice the massive Supercarrier Long Night of Solaceover the Viera Territory.

They weren’t expecting Covies. The only other hostile they knew of that would take out a relay outpost is the Insurrection that had been fighting the UNSC since before the Covenant War. And Colonel Holand answers your question. Take out their eyes and ears to steal ships was the biggest possibility. They’re terrorists, rebels. What else would they do?

I always figured that both the alpha team and beta team of the spartan III was massacred and non was left i never realized some survived. And thanks for bringing up that the covenant had superior technology. But then there’s the fact that why didn’t Halsey realize that noble team (except for Jorge) wasn’t her original spartan II’s. The spartan III program was top secret to her eyes.

> I always figured that both the alpha team and beta team of the spartan III was massacred and non was left i never realized some survived. And thanks for bringing up that the covenant had superior technology. But then there’s the fact that why didn’t Halsey realize that noble team (except for Jorge) wasn’t her original spartan II’s. The spartan III program was top secret to her eyes.

She knew they weren’t here Spartans, as mentioned in the Journal that came with the limited and legendary editions of Reach. At this point, and for some time, she had suspected that ONI had continued some variation of her Spartan program without her knowledge. However, it wasn’t until she the events of “First Strike” that she had a name for the progam, and not until she arrived at Onyx that she understood the extend of that program.

> > I always figured that both the alpha team and beta team of the spartan III was massacred and non was left i never realized some survived. And thanks for bringing up that the covenant had superior technology. But then there’s the fact that why didn’t Halsey realize that noble team (except for Jorge) wasn’t her original spartan II’s. The spartan III program was top secret to her eyes.
>
> She knew they weren’t here Spartans, as mentioned in the Journal that came with the limited and legendary editions of Reach. At this point, and for some time, she had suspected that ONI had continued some variation of her Spartan program without her knowledge. However, it wasn’t until she the events of “First Strike” that she had a name for the progam, and not until she arrived at Onyx that she understood the extend of that program.

I was reading the Fall of Reach again last night, and when Mendez leaves the Spartan II’s, Ackerson actually says he is leaving to train the next group of Spartans right infront of Halsey. However, that was the first version of the book, so they’ve probaly fixed that in the reissued version.

> > > I always figured that both the alpha team and beta team of the spartan III was massacred and non was left i never realized some survived. And thanks for bringing up that the covenant had superior technology. But then there’s the fact that why didn’t Halsey realize that noble team (except for Jorge) wasn’t her original spartan II’s. The spartan III program was top secret to her eyes.
> >
> > She knew they weren’t here Spartans, as mentioned in the Journal that came with the limited and legendary editions of Reach. At this point, and for some time, she had suspected that ONI had continued some variation of her Spartan program without her knowledge. However, it wasn’t until she the events of “First Strike” that she had a name for the progam, and not until she arrived at Onyx that she understood the extend of that program.
>
> I was reading the Fall of Reach again last night, and when Mendez leaves the Spartan II’s, Ackerson actually says he is leaving to train the next group of Spartans right infront of Halsey. However, that was the first version of the book, so they’ve probaly fixed that in the reissued version.

Actually he was going to train the next batch of Spartan IIs before it was canceled and he was reassigned. It was after this Ackerson came up with a cheaper solution to keep the Spartan program alive.

The only thing that bothers me about Reach is why Kat doesn’t already know 6. They are both from Beta company.

> The only thing that bothers me about Reach is why Kat doesn’t already know 6. They are both from Beta company.

I don’t believe they ever said she didn’t know him but she may have not known a lot about him because he was a Lone Wolf. Even with the Spartan IIs there were groups who kept to themselves and had difficulty socially integrating with the other Spartans. They were then paired with each other apart from the other Spartans. Grey Team for example.

In fact Noble Six had been pulled out of the rest of the company and reassigned to other projects which means she simply would not have known what he had done. Which is why she read his file, or at least the parts that weren’t redacted.