Major Issue: XP gained in Custom is WRONG

I’ve said it for Halo 3, Halo Reach and say it again:

It’s a fundamental mistake from 343 to not give as much XP in custom games as it does in Matchmaking. Usually, a lot of players would love to play Custom Games and use Forge, but since the majority of them also don’t like to waste their time, they won’t play Custom Games or use Forge either if Matchmaking is their only way to earn a satisfying amount of XP.

In result, custom games and Forge are only used by an extreme minority.

A heavy focus on Matchmaking also kills the number one factor that makes multiplayer games so enjoyable; the gaming community. The gaming community can only exist with custom games (or dedicated servers on PC). Custom Games are what made Halo 2 such a tremendous success on the first X-Box.

That same heavy focus on Matchmaking is exactly what killed the franchise since Halo 3 and what is ironic is that 343 claimed that Halo 4 would be played for years… That just won’t happen, unless this is fixed and more 4vs4 maps get released…

Why are people caring about XP in a first person shooter?

Why is Call of Duty selling so well?

Exp isn’t nearly as valuable as it was in previous games, in a month a lot of people will be sitting on 130 and not getting any anyway, and if it really is that people are worried about opportunity cost you should have a thriving CG scene not that long into the new year.

I’m nearly at SR80, I play Customs all the time?

I don’t understand the issue here.

That’s not what your stats show with…

Matchmaking: 2 days, 3 hours and 41 minutes
Custom games: 4 hours and 20 minutes
SR78

:slight_smile:

I don’t see the issue here either. If you give as much XP for Customs as you do Matchmaking, you’re asking for problems.

What problems? The fact that the gaming community will finally reborn on Halo?

> What problems? The fact that the gaming community will finally reborn on Halo?

Boosting for experience. Designing Forge maps to maximize credit gain in a short amount of time. A considerable portion of the community that has gained weapons, specializations, and other perks without having worked for them in fairer competition.

It would wholly undermine the point of competitive matchmaking playlists.

> Why is Call of Duty selling so well?

Because the gameplay feels cheap. Its considered a “cool game”, which it is not, just a rubbish fest. Is not set in outer space, all of military friends like to play something that is set on Earth. And most importantly, its who sees who first wins – there is never a fun gunbattle that displays skill. Just “oh there you are, bang, over.”

The novelty will wear off and people will backlash Call of Duty games after another 1 or 2 releases. They have innovated nothing as far as I can see in the last 2 years.

> > What problems? The fact that the gaming community will finally reborn on Halo?
>
> Boosting for experience. Designing Forge maps to maximize credit gain in a short amount of time. A considerable portion of the community that has gained weapons, specializations, and other perks without having worked for them in fairer competition.
>
> It would wholly undermine the point of competitive matchmaking playlists.

> Why is Call of Duty selling so well?

It’s the same reason people buy the new iPhone each year, it’s the rage and people want it cause it’s new.

germany wasn’t part of this event whre you would get all the other specializations if you played in the first two weeks :frowning: now i’m sr70 and lost all my motivation to play H4 because completing challenges,commendations and just playing is a complete waste of time because even after 10 more hours of playtime i’ll still be sr70 and didn’t accomplish anything :confused: