Majestic map pack: Achievements..

Hello, I am a loyal Halo fan but I had some questions maybe the community could answer, did anyone else think the new Halo 4 achievements were to easy? I got all 10 in less than 5 hours of gameplay. Did anyone else have this issue where they got them way to easy? Granted I did try on 3 of them but I got 7 of them without even looking at the achievements to see what I can get. Just a thought I thought I would share.

Pulse Grenade double kills are hard to get no matter how many people say otherwise. It’s all about being in the right place at the right time.

As for the other ones, they weren’t too bad.

One thing I am noticing is that after reviewing the footage of games in theater, I’ve murdered at least 20 people who were using the jetpack (and the jetpack was shown to be in action in theater) and yet that achievement hasn’t popped…

I only got 6 yesterday, and 2 so far today.

Yeah, I only need the two assassination related ones, and those are both just about opportunity. The rest came pretty easily.

I thought they were so easy. I got 7 achievements in two games. Granted, I was trying.

The other three I haven’t gotten are just stupid, like a Pulse Double kill, airsassinations(I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one), and the zoom-sassination (no one zooms! >.<)

Lol right, who is gunna zoom when it’s a horribly short ranged map?
I’d rather have it to easy rather than impossible, like stomping 20 people with a mantis (if you’re stomping that probably means you’re desperately trying to find one more way of attack before you get EMPed) or killing someone while you’re stinking flying through the air in a warthog. Most times the turret can’t even aim the far down!
You’d have to have some guy jet packing behind you lol

> One thing I am noticing is that after reviewing the footage of games in theater, I’ve murdered at least 20 people who were using the jetpack (and the jetpack was shown to be in action in theater) and yet that achievement hasn’t popped…

Just killing them whilst they’re in the air doesn’t necessarily count, they need to be pressing the button down to actively use the jetpack when you kill them. I’ve killed loads who were falling back down after jetpacking, but not enough who were actually jetpacking at the time if you know what I mean.

I got 7 of them in the 4+ hours of gameplay I had last night.

> Lol right, who is gunna zoom when it’s a horribly short ranged map?

I got that one on Monolith which does have pretty long sightlines. Look for one of those guys standing on top of the man cannon towers. They’re usually trying to DMR people who head for the middle of the map from a distance and will be zoomed in.

ill never get air assassination, didnt see it coming(maybe ?) and pig can fly , no one ever use jetpack, and when they do, i always get an assist or they stop using jetpack at the last second…

people complain because achievements are too hard. people complain because achievements are too easy. poor 343, just cant win

I’m a loyal Halo fan too, and in Halo 3 DLC, I got 5 achieves in 2 games.

> people complain because achievements are too hard. people complain because achievements are too easy. poor 343, just cant win

I tend to like my harder achievements to be campaign stuff. Be it what seemed impossible (assassinating an Elite to save yourself from a fall), time-consuming (finding all of the audio logs in ODST) or something that just requires a tactical approach (skyjacking a Banshee in campaign), at least I could do them without being dependent on other people. You can try the stuff as much as you want and ignore what the game says to do and it’s not boosting.

I have never even gotten a chance to be anywhere near the opportunity of meleeing anybody out of a man cannon while on a Crimson map. I’ve never done it at all, but there’s so few chances to do such a thing in those maps. The best chance I’ll ever have is actually in the new Majestic maps on Monolith or on-disc on Adrift. Those man cannons shoot you to heavily trafficked areas. Tying the new achievements to the specific maps is what annoys me most about these. That may be some Microsoft DLC requirement for all I know, but it peeves me that I’ve done some of those luck, opportunity-based things, just not on the right maps and therefore no dice. (Still, not as bad as Halo 3 achievements in that regard.)

I’m speaking as an all-around player, of course. I realize there are matchmaking-only Halo folks that may want their supreme challenge in the only aspect of the game they partake in. I understand that; this all is just my opinion.

I got all of them except for Flash of Light + Bird of Prey within 2 hours. If I still haven’t got them by the time the playlist is taken down, i’ll just boost in FFA.

> > One thing I am noticing is that after reviewing the footage of games in theater, I’ve murdered at least 20 people who were using the jetpack (and the jetpack was shown to be in action in theater) and yet that achievement hasn’t popped…
>
> Just killing them whilst they’re in the air doesn’t necessarily count, they need to be pressing the button down to actively use the jetpack when you kill them. I’ve killed loads who were falling back down after jetpacking, but not enough who were actually jetpacking at the time if you know what I mean.

Every single one has been a beam rifle snapshot on Monolith, just after the jetpack user took off, and in each instance the jetpack showed the actual flame coming from it, meaning the user was pushing the button.

Infact thinking about it, one was a sniper snapshot on Landfall ,just after the opponent picked up the rocket launcher and jetpacked to kill someone going after him.

At least these ones aren’t as glitched as the crimson pack achievements.